Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

it is friday. please post your dogs, for review.

This is my dog. Quite stupid but fluffy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

I was in Lidl this week, I was really excited to try one of their croissants after this thread talked about them. Sold out :(

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

My brother used to live on a houseboat. In the winter sometimes the front door froze shut overnight.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Our geography teacher on river/coast shaping forces: “now remember, girls! L S D ! Long shore drift! LSD - and acid - acid erosion!”

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

What a cutie

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Read all of Order of the Stick beforehand

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Someone has painted “SCAMDEMIC” on a bench in my local park. Makes me think of dodgy research papers or fake degrees rather than diseases - scam academic.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Galewolf posted:

That "figs having -dissolved- dead wasps inside" knowledge kinda ruined the fruit for me because I'm a big baby that cannot shake the dread of the chance of finding half composed one inside.

They were really good for having wonderful poops, tho.

The wasps are like 2mm long, I don’t think you’d notice if there was one. Does that make it worse or better? :v:

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

mrpwase posted:

I made sweet potato casserole and used it as baked potato toppings, and ate it so hot that it burned the roof of my mouth

What is the best thing to put on mouth roof to stop it burning?

Take some pain killers!

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

I just got dressed to go to b&q, then discovered that I already have a 3” paintbrush. Phew no going outside for me today

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Ratjaculation posted:

thats a tiny gun... less than a cm, really? what will it fire? atoms?!?!?!?

I laughed enough at this that I had to explain the joke to my husband, but he wasn’t impressed

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

DaWolfey posted:

Who's selling decent masks?

I got a pack from Elle back in Marchish which are fine, although they do appear to be made from the recycled gussets of ladies comfortable underwear.

As a glasses wearer, I am constantly in a state of frustrated fogginess with these masks, and no amount of pressing the top to my face stops it from happening and it's loving infuriating.

I have a couple from here that I like

https://www.madebyjinks.co.uk/face-coverings

They’re very comfortable because I went for the adjustable behind head toggle rather than ear loops. The normal mask loops plus glasses arms were making my ears sore. Minimal fogging so far.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Lemon posted:

At the start of lockdown I thought I'd made an error by ordering 48 rolls of toilet paper (the picture made the box look a lot smaller than it was I swear) but now I'm sitting pretty with 8 rolls left

How many people live in your house? I bought 48 rolls in September last year and we (me and husband) still have 22 left :psyduck:

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

My dog had a nice time in the garden today: chewed some camellia buds, ate some soil, ate some manure, then got into my shed and ate some mystery stuff off the floor. A productive afternoon for her.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Meat Wagon posted:

My dog is ill and has had diarrhea for the last week and a half. The vets have given me a bunch of pills but its frustrating because he keeps spitting them out no matter how I try and trick him into taking them. He's old and I'm not optimistic about the next few days. Sad.

Sorry about your dog. You could try wrapping the pills in a tasty food, placing it into the back of his mouth and then holding his muzzle shut until he swallows? Not a vet, maybe there’s a proper way of doing it.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

I found out this weekend that a friend has long covid. He had it in March, and still can’t go for a walk without needing to lie down afterwards. He’s someone who previously always had energy to stay up all night dancing, always loads of projects on the go. He’s in his mid 40s.

At least one benefit of the pandemic will be chronic fatigue/ME sufferers taken more seriously I hope!

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Natalie Fartman posted:

oh my sweet summer child

:smith:

Oh yeah. Got a bit optimistic there for a bit! :(

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

I found a sick pigeon in the road recently but also wasn’t brave enough to try killing it. Took it to the local vets so they could do it, at least they should know the technique.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

kecske posted:

today I am 34

Happy plague birthday!

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Mayo is the only condiment I like on a burger.
You can ask them to leave it off!

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Watched Nightmare Before Christmas online with friends, afterwards they complained it was a musical and for kids.
But we also watched Herzog’s Nosferatu which was great.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

I’ve never had instant noodles. But I did try ramen this year from a fancy ramen place and it was tasty. Are instant noodles good?

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Merry Christmas goons. I have just started playing Divinity Original Sin 2 :)

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

My mother-in-law bought our dog a mini rubber chicken with a really loud squeak. She absolutely loves it. Refused to go for a walk because she was busy playing with it.
It’s so loud. I hope the neighbours like experimental kazoo sounds :sax:

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Oh god, that’s so awful. Really sorry to hear that

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

I'm doing (almost entirely irrelevant) security training at work all day. Hadn't read the forums on browser in years but suddenly I've rediscovered its use case.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

the sex ghost posted:

Is it one of the ones where you have to click on the security breach (man in mask and stripy jumper with a sack labelled 'stolen data')

That's the afternoon session. Morniing session is looking at a few badly formatted slides about XML

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

I did radioactivity handling training years ago when I worked in a lab. The main takeaway was “don’t mouth pipette radioactivity!”

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Gasmask posted:

alternatively: don't do wordle, don't post about wordle, shut the gently caress up about wordle forever

I’m doing wordle right now

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

learnincurve posted:

Leopard :)

I had a Egyptian uromastix for 15 years and it's basically repeating that environment but on an open top table for now, when he gets bigger it's going to bet more complicated with a summer outside area with lights and coldframe.

everything he does is cute

What’s his name?
I had a tortoise as a kid, name of Shelly 😎

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

My husband put the food waste bin out for collection this morning. I hope it is having a fun adventure, wherever it is

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Men in this thread and UKMT apparently love talking about penises, balls, men wanking etc. Pretty weird.
So I thought you might enjoy this leaf I saw yesterday.

A tanuki leaf

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Dysgenesis posted:

Also my new years resolution was to get my posts per day up to 1.

So far I have gone from 0.77 to 0.78. It's a marathon not a sprint.

Is that a SMART goal? What’s your deadline?

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Captain Splendid posted:

You say that but it allowed me to post a photo of John Travolta in the PYF Photo of Nicolas Cage thread and net myself a sweet emptyquote so it's not all bad.

There’s a PYF photo of Nicholas Cage thread?! What have I been doing with my life

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

It's OK you can call them scones no one will judge

Weird kind of pancakes you’re making

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

I tried these crisps recently. Like eating reconsituted polystyrene.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

the sex ghost posted:

Anyone doing anything interesting today. Feeling confident that I can stretch replying to this one email out til lunchtime at least

I’m going to avoid writing documentation by working on the pen/jail I’m making for my dog. Just needs one last bit painted.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

A LOVELY LAD posted:

Auntie Mabel died, RIP to a real one

OOOOOOOH PIPPIN!!!!

Aww :(

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

I wrote a haiku this morning:

the sun is shining
I'm supposed to be writing
documentation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Might have to repaint a wall because I was being nosy :cripes:

Man next door was banging stuff again. I wondered if I could hear what he was banging about if I listened at the wall. Got face grease on the wall. Tried to wash it off with a washing-up sponge. Now there is a big whiteish smudge on the navy wall :sigh: Didn't even hear anything