Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

How shall we fuck off, O Lord?

I was worried for a second there. I thought my diet of consuming too quality posts might be interrupted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Miggles posted:

I do 'ok' and love my job.

It does help to not be a poor.

Why is 'ok' in quotation marks. Are you not really ok? Do you live on a poo poo stained mattress under a bridge and wail for the motherland all night, wanking into a ripped and bloody five pound note?

cos i do

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

I'm with my mums side this year so I expect it'll be pretty peaceful. I am however going to have to spend time with my ex military step brother who apparently asked my friend where I was in the pub the other night, and when he said he didn't know, replied 'probably protesting for some pakis.'

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

I considered making a racially charged joke about corner shops here but decided against it.

No I wasn't.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Which cheeses would you refuse

E: cheese with fruit is great you unimaginative buffoon

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

I have a quite strong cringing hatred of Carry On films. They offend me in a really deep, fundamental way that I can't explain.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Mate I'm taking a train from loving Redcar to Manchester in a few days, if you're gonna do murders I'm gonna do a global genocide of everything that lives.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Pistol_Pete posted:

I find them a fascinating time capsule. You see much the same houses and streets as now but a strangely alien lifestyle and worldview. Like, 45 years ago, people could watch this stuff and find it held amusing parallels to their own lives and experiences.

Also, I have officially survived 3 days back at home with my family and tomorrow can retreat to my lovely empty flat, where I can rest and begin to unpick the damage done to my health by constant drinking and enormous amounts of meat for every meal.

I'd not thought of it that way before. I almost refuse to believe it. I do though, and the fact that I do believe it makes me so unbelievably glad to be a citizen of the 21st century. Say what you want about selfie sticks and Biebs and cereal cafes and ketamine but at least it doesn't have that.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

fair enough i guess. p sure jakabite was protesting about this the other day

there is that

but it's so desolate

I did recently move from Vodafone and was a) unable to retrieve my PAC and b) for quite a while unable to pay my bill, which they kept hassling me for, because I no longer had an account with them apparently. Had to spend a long time on the phone explaining that if I didn't have an account with them, there'd be nowhere to put the bill. gently caress Vodafone.

In other news I bought a PS4 after months and months of umming and ahhing. PSN is Mrs_macs_lung if anyone wants to play some vidya. I only have MGSV at the moment though and don't intend to change that within the next week or so because it's a serious amount of fun.

E: a child on the train just smacked his mam and called her a retard. boro.txt

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

You can't do any serious damage to a phone company with water bombs sadly. My names probably on some special balloon lost anyway. When the day comes I have to organise a kids party it'll be brutally broken up by the UK balloon police, popping away. Well they have to use Trident some how.

Boom boom.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

You can't say that and not tell us why.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Whatever happens, post about it here. Anyone else working tonight?

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Happy new year UK goons. I was thinking of posting this message in UKMT but thought this would be less depressing.

Almost finished work, debating whether to just get high and drink with also working work friends, or go take loads of drugs at a house party with other work friends. The possibilities are endless

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Megabus tomorrow. Pretty drunk now, not looking forward to it. At least I'm going back to Manchester.

to go to work

gently caress

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Anyone got any Barcelona recommendations outside of the obvious? I'm off there with a few friends on Monday.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

The old 'people you're with start watching stuff on their phone' problem. Just drink faster and try to make conversation outside of the phone, making it clearer and clearer with each attempt that you think they're boring weirdos for doing what they're doing.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

He's probably right. If you're voting Trump anyway you'd probably be pretty okay with him shooting a ni- I mean fa- I mean one of those thugs who're trying to take our freedom!!!

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

How does a pub quiz escalate that dramatically on such a regular basis?

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Couldn't you just make a... chicken tikka marsala?

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Last exam tomorrow, then to spend a weekend getting debaucherous

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Wish I could have been in Dover today, seems like it got pretty interesting.

RIP Fluo, really sad news. I enjoyed his beer posts

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Depends where in Australia you're from

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Thats fine then welcome to the thread. Sorry about most of the rest of your country

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Got a meeting at work tonight. This is good because they usually just announce something thats at worst irrelevant to my job, then everyone goes out for drinks.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Good morning thread. I'm eating a bacon sandwich I boughr for the same price as 4 bacon sandwiches if I'd remembered to go food shopping yesterday.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

willus posted:

i assume forgetting to go food shopping means you were drunk instead so i hope the bacon sandwich is curing your hangover well

Sadly not even. We went to go see Gladiator at a one off showing in the ODEON in town since it's one of my favourite films and I never got chance to see it on the big screen when it first came out. Just been informed I have the day off tomorrow though so I'm now faced with the tough choice of going out or sitting in with my housemate getting high and playing on the PS4. Isn't life hard?

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Pedricko posted:

Don't worry, we're both in our twenties

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

I work weekends, study during the week and have only Sunday to really have fun. So on Sundays, I have a hell of a lot of fun.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Barry's the one who looks like a malnourished survivor of some horrific atrocity

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Forced myself out of bed this morning only to discover it's snowing when I went to make breakfast so I'll be late anyway. Why do I even bother

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

I am fine with comfortable silences but when you don't respond to a greeting and just sort of loom, then it gets uncomfortable

this this this this this this this this

I'm one of those people who likes pleasantries; I don't revel in them or anything and would rather have a real conversation obviously, but it puts me quite off my stride if someone doesn't do the basic hellos, thankyous, excuse mes, etc. A lot of my housemates frequently don't and it never fails to make my day that tiny bit worse.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

What the gently caress are you weirdos talking about

I'll mostly be at work or sleeping, punctuated by online poker and smoking weed. It's going to be poo poo

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

I can't believe someone just lumped IT Crowd, Peep Show and Green Wing in with Gavin and Stacey. How did you even come to the conclusion that they're on a similar par Fraction? One has Mathew 'plastic faced annoying untalented barely human freak' Horne ffs

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

youtube commenter posted:

yeh i know IT crowd is terrible

Your tnettenba is ugly m8

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Steady on, comedy's a strong word

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

I'm not really a fan of Boosh at all, it just doesn't appeal to me, but Green Wing is great. Nothing beats the mighty Peep Show though.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

People who are into anime set off red flags for me and I don't think that's unreasonable

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

I'm at work all weekend. If any of you Manchester goons are thinking of going out please don't it just makes my life slightly worse.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Das Boot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Ratjaculation posted:

sophie from peep show likes Das Boot