Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

It's a super-funny "haha we don't like girls" joke. Because we are 5 itt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Gaz2k21 posted:

Another wonderful friday night in custody............actually it's been okay apart from one coked up lunatic accusing us of stealing his money and showing me his nob.

...why?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

American banks are hosed, they get charged to do poo poo like transfer money online.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

JFairfax posted:

and charge you for using other banks' cashpoints

Really? Haha gently caress that.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

JFairfax posted:

i think i just got tickets to the banksy show for friday night

Who's playing?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

JFairfax posted:

Peanut Butter Wolf, DJ Yoda and Breakbeat Lou.

loving sick imho, Breakbeat Lou put together the ultimate breaks & beats series and is a full on legend in the game and PBW is someone I've wanted to see for a long time.

yoda, meh, seen him twice, I think whilst technically impressive his sets are all a little bit novelty rather than being good to dance to - however it should be an interesting he tends to do interesting AV poo poo

No Run the Jewels that night? They're reallllllllll good live.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

JFairfax posted:

nah they're on the 4th.

tbh I am very happy with how this has panned out, i fly back to the states on monday and this line up is the one that excites me most - so feeling quite lucky, just need to grab a pretty decent rain jacket now I feel... did not travel prepared for this rain

PBW is the one I'd be most interested in.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Jose posted:

the first episode was pretty dire

The film is also just 'kinda' funny.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

...the sky is blue and the sun is out. What is going on?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Phoon posted:

i personally wouldnt buy a car without a glove box

I want a Nissan S13 if only because of this silly rare glovebox option...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

JFairfax posted:

i could have test driven a tesla today but decided to go visit me mam instead

Should've borrowed the Tesla, they're great fun. Completely invisible on the road too until you put your foot down and you disappear into the distance in almost total silence.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Fingerless Gloves posted:

Has anybody here had any experience being a property guardian? Just saw a place I wouldn't mind living in but want to know how much hassle it is first

A friend of mine was in a grade 2 listed building, and ooooooooooooold old church/monastery place which was supposedly haunted. The room was enormous, wood paneled and the fireplace had a secret staircase which led to a safe room that monks used to hide in.

Some places can be great, others less so. And you have to deal with other people.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Oh poo poo, no_one posted.

Has it really been 6 months?? Dude you did the hard bit, you were off the sauce for a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. You can obviously stop if you want to.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

F-35 is the one that couldn't actually meet the performance targets that were set for it so they er........... drastically lowered the performance targets. The entire project is just one massive succession of gently caress ups.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I legit enjoy a Nandos.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

crispix posted:

also i am not quite 5'9, but i give my height as 5'9 when asked

Just manlet things.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Fluo posted:

corn is great on pizza

All that corn is taking up valuable pizza real-estate for meat. And for that reason it's a poor topping choice.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Aston posted:

I liked birmingham and in particular five guys

I enjoy Five Guys burgers and fries.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Straight up though, this thread is super cliquey. It has the potential to go Rllmuk at times I feel.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

Taff goes around in a big silver jacket shouting DO YOU WANNA BE IN MY GANG MY GANG MY GANG at people

Are you implying that taff is a nonce?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

No I'm saying it straight out

Just checking.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Quote-Unquote posted:

almost all the programming is done by one guy who doesn't like to document anything at all, doesn't write tests for anything and doesn't want to do pair programming so that other people can figure out what the hell is going on. and he's on holiday so basically if anything goes wrong everyone looks to me and I have to spend hours searching through badly formatted, undocumented code to chase down bugs. But that's still preferable to loving around with CSS all day so I'm hoping something goes wrong.

I work with a dude like this, he's basically scared someone will replace him so keeps everything to himself just like your guy. God forbid anyone want to know exactly how our system setups work so we can fix poo poo while he's away. He just has this weird sense of insecurity that someone will do better than him at stuff. Nobody's interested in taking his job because it's crap, we just want to know how poo poo's programmed so we can take it to bits when we need to.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Hello nice red title, who have you been annoying?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

I get what you're trying to do but for the record Id willingly bust your face in with a tire iron if you tried to say I wasn't good at my job to my face so congrats on being a piece of poo poo

Oh poo poo. :sweatdrop:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Corn has riled people in the AI chat thread because he called someone out on loving up at work.

The following:

quote:

I get what you're trying to do but for the record Id willingly bust your face in with a tire iron if you tried to say I wasn't good at my job to my face so congrats on being a piece of poo poo

...was the reply from the dude who hosed up. Harsh.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

1163 new posts since I was last here but I'm not reading that poo poo. Someone post the bulletpoints of the interesting poo poo I missed.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The Big Taff Man posted:

Fraction slept with a lady, who turned out to be Britains oldest woman.
Phoon got upset as Fraction had slept with his wife.
Bobby Deluxe was revealed to have no powers over the weather.
no-one is still an alcoholic, but in an attempt to cut down now only drinks cocktails with erotic names.

Someone's lying here and I choose to believe corn simply because the last page has been board game recommendations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

If you drive an automatic car you don't even register as human to me.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Jose posted:

if all you do is drive around a city and give no poo poo about what kind of car you have i don't see the big deal with someone using an automatic

If all you do is drive about a city then you need to reassess what is going on in your life because you satisfy the bare minimum requirements for being alive and your existence is pointless.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The Big Taff Man posted:

Lets keep the car chat to ai and the beer chat to the beer thread and the politics chat to d&d and keep this thread about Pedriko : is there more to the man than just sausage?

I think he also drinks because he has to deal with the general public.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I nearly mowed down multiple joggers running through an unlit park in the darkness wearing dark clothing last night. Quite how they didn't see or hear me coming when I'm lit up like a Christmas tree and the bike's freehub is a noisy one I'll never know.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Vitamins posted:

it's pissing it down

and why are people that drive cars incapable of driving properly?

FTFY

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Bozza posted:

Going to look at mountain bikes this evening. Given my newfound proximity to actual mountains and the fact I can use the Cycle to Work scheme to pay for it, should be cool. Haven't ridden a bike since I was 17 though lol

What are you thinking of picking up?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

What did corn do and why?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I love how there's only 2 escalators per 2 platforms at New St. If two trains come in at the same time and are full you may as well just hang about on the platform for 5 minutes until the queue has disappeared lest you end up in a scrum with people who smell weird and have zero understanding of personal space or how queuing works.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

NaDy posted:

mongrels are better than pedigrees

This is true.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Most of the kids in the family are getting into their teens so cash becomes an acceptable gift for when they want to buy £30 of penny sweets or drugs or whatever.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Trains are occasionally on time. None of the fuckers actually have the capacity required though.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

goatface posted:

Burn it all down, full communism now, hail Satan, etc..

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Bozza posted:

Watched some dude on YouTube who reworked the prequels and it was p good.

You mean he edited the credits right onto the opening text crawl?