Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

Jose posted:

use beer or wine instead of water and you've vastly improved it. even cheap as poo poo aldi wine will do and i know you live next to one

I forgot myself, we do normally use beer in stews, just there isn't any in the house right now. Should probably remedy that...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

reavor posted:

moved to the uk a few months ago. strange place. all this beautiful nature around but virtually no forest paths or ways to enjoy it. streets are so narrow yet everyone wants to drive, plumbing on the outside of houses and separate taps for hot and cold water.

You've got the British aptitude for complaining down pat there, but you're clearly not trying hard enough to enjoy nature. Go romp through a forest/along a beach, you don't need a path (And if you do, as has been mentioned, go fine a nature reserve, they usually have maps at strategic intervals and well-defined paths.)

If you don't like walking without a guidance system, try OS maps as you'll get good detail once you find where you want to go.

Also, you could try googling 'best places to go walking in my area' and see what comes up...y'know, internet being quite handy for finding out information and all that jazz.

Phoon posted:

the best received interview answer i ever gave was "i would google it"

Oh hey, me too, it's what got me my last job on an IT helpdesk and made it second line!

Kluliss fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Sep 10, 2015

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

I'm a football widow for the evening, so I have curry, NCIS and a snoring dog.

NaDy what's the difference between camping and wild camping? (this isn't the lead in to a joke, I'm actually curious)

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Guess I should have clarified not British football, huh? As far as I can tell, it's a good excuse to sit around with friends and drink and shout at the telly...

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

sodomy, basically

Remind me never to let anyone know where I'm going camping, wild or otherwise...

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

feedmegin posted:

In the UK thread? Uh, possibly yeah. :)

Oh hush, you.

freelop posted:

Got myself a lovely pair of jugs
Plan on making myself some mead, any goons ever had any experience making it before?

Those are nice jugs. Would love to make mead, hope it works out?

Party Boat posted:

The Hammer is what now?

Well I know what I'm going to watch when this episode has finished. I hope you're ok with me waking you up in the night to sing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwJ7AnQTiYM You can be Penny...

Kluliss fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 13, 2015

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Given that there are threads for almost everything, is there a Rugby thread where you can discuss the merits of the various players thighs?

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Fluo posted:

Not yet

You should make one

:effort:

I just want to peruse one, not to have to actually collate pictures and words to start one off! Come on...

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

If you need another dog to look after, please ask - we can lend you our little shitbag...

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

lol we have three confirmed dogkillers in this thread and even more who are willing to let others do the dirty work

don't want our grotbag to be dead, I just want her to go away and come back less of a poo poo...and preferably alive...

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Ratjaculation posted:

im currently trying to cook a pie in a rayburn. currently its at 250 degrees and i can't figure out how to get it lower

open the oven door a bit, or find the dial which lowers it, or stop putting so much wood/coal in the furnace area, delete whichever is not applicable to your rayburn. (personal favourite, open the oven door for a few minutes.)

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Appropriate thread material: Wallpaper is the work of the devil and should be banned. Spent half the day stripping it off and only managed one wall so far.

...anyone in the area want to come help me I can pay you money...

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

The Big Taff Man posted:

That usually makes it easier tho?

I hope whenever you remove wallpaper you write a note on the wall for future generations to find. Personally I always write "never forget mfcrocker killed a curvy goonette"

I have written on my walls - I will be plastering over them at some point, but they read along the lines of 'I hate wallpaper'...I'm a bit boring with my notes...

Also I really want to bring back huge wall coverings, y'know, tapestries, wall-rugs etc...anything which means you don't have to paint or paper...

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

I like people who leave biscuits out for me, makes wallpaper removal more bearable...

Also I'm working hard, waiting for the damp cloth I ran over the paper to do its work. (hardest part already done, taking off the top layer of paper/paint)

I haven't listened to it yet but I haven't seen anyone anything good about the new 007 song...should I assault my ears now or later, I mean it can't be much worse than the crappy ballad (not even good rocking power ballads) stuff my friend is playing whilst she works? I guess I could put party boat's run list on to counter it...hmm, am I that much of an arsehole? (no)

Kluliss fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Sep 25, 2015

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

I have baked not one, but two different sorts of cake today. I have also taste tested the first one far too much (second one is only just out of the oven.)

I am not baking anything else for at least a week. Unless I get hungry for cake.

Mmmmmm self-saucing chocolate pudding....

helpme

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Just seen this weirdness, I mean what's up with #4 and putting the eggs *under* the beans? have to say I agree with the one about christmas pud though...

also if anyone in the north east has an archery range then Party Boat and I can get the bows out of the loft for once...

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

goatface posted:

No, just a war with buzzfeed.

:agreed:

(however I am just that bored right now)

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Good deed for the day done, found a stray dog and got him back to his owner. Celebrating with a coffee and a burning desire for more sleepy dog cuddles.

Content: In Durham a dandelion was a pittle-le-bed, I liked to shuggy (swing) on tree branches, though it also got used in a similar way to 'shuggle' (to shake something relatively gently, such as sausages in a frying pan.) but I think that gets used in lots of places.

Fingerless Gloves, you aren't the only one - pimps was a thing at my school too, figured it was only us though given I've never heard it anywhere else.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

The Big Taff Man posted:

Looks like me, Party Boat and Kluliss are having a big meet up at the Great North Run next year

Sure, but I'll already be at the end waiting for you because I won't be running it. I'm still suffering from the 10k (I know they'll get easier) but I doubt I'll ever do a half. Except accidentally...but then I also said I'd never do anything stupid like cycle across Scotland, so it's possible that I will at some point have a brain fart and agree to it. Might have to wait until the shin-splints have gone away though :P

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

The Big Taff Man posted:

Its a year away theres time for us to bully lightly persuade you

I bet you didnt let Kluliss have any

No chance (running that far, a year is not long enough)

I had cereals for lunch, not pizza.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Jose posted:

party boat why are people so incapable of using their indicators correctly at roundabouts on the way to morrisons

Because there's a fad lately for not bothering with indicators...there's a roundabout at Earsdon (heading towards Monkseaton) where I grumpily watched 7 cars in a row turn right around the roundabout without bothering to indicate. The car at the head of the pack was a bloke driving a BMW though so I guess I shouldn't be surprised at all the idiots following him.

Serious answer to your comment: Because Killingworth.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Jose posted:

twice in a single journey to morrisons today i had someone indicate they were turning right on different roundabouts while they were going straight across

shop at Sainsburys instead, since you're just round the corner from it? or the Nisa?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i have peed in most of those locations

:catbert:

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

learnincurve posted:

Not so fun fact is that anyone over the age of 36 didn't have to learn the Highway Code to begin with.

Bugger off, youngster.

Actual reason for posting: ok, which weather wizard is responsible for me being soaked when walking the dog this lunchtime because I think I may want to glare and perhaps write a strongly worded letter about how unnecessary it was.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

corn in the fridge posted:

no jukebox only record player. david bowie. DAVID BOWIE

I unironically want to go to this pub.

(since I'm not a hipster, I have to specify that the unironic is actually not meant ironically. I'll leave that up to Party Boat.)

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

why do you appear to be driving an automatic / fancy car?

also, seconding what is the mysterious rectangle.. (we have one of those, it was very underwhelming when we found out what was under it :()

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

There's a bloke coming to fit smart meters for me shortly, if you don't hear from me again, please assume the worst.

That I have new smart meters and am happily doing something else which doesn't involve checking on the forums.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Also good because Party Boat took the banshee (otherwise known as Wraggler, a small dog) out for a walk before her yelling for food could damage my calm too much. I have also spent 30 minutes in traffic to go to a shop 3 miles away and buy plaster/angle beads.

What fun is everyone else having today?

I'm also happy because my fitbit says I've burned almost 300 calories so far today, and haven't eaten that many. I am celebrating by eating second breakfast before work.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

They really are not taking about baps, given they've included rowies...

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Weeeeee my car has my company name and details on it! *drives around in advertising mode*

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

The Big Taff Man posted:

Incase anyones wondering, his pre edit attempt was even worse than that

Now I'm sad I didn't see it (the pre-edit attempt, that is)

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Balls, I still need to walk the dog before I can go to bed (and find something more light-hearted to watch because I just watched 'Circle'. Good film, but a bit too dark for a time when Party Boat's away.)

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Jose posted:

its a bit late for taking the dog out

If I take her out too early she won't do the necessary which leads to me being woken at 3am by yelling dog. Still might given that she didn't do the necessary :(

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Fingerless Gloves posted:

Halloween soon friends, what is everybody doing?

Taking the dog somewhere else because she goes insane when people knock on the door.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Boring news report: asda petrol is 103.7p and I filled the car and wished I had jerry cans I could fill, because that's the lowest I've seen it in a very long time...

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

My computer has started making a noise like an idling motorbike. I'm pretty sure it's not meant to be doing that...

Percussive maintenance has made it stop, however I suspect it's a fan that's now not moving.

Whoops.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

XMNN posted:

pour irn bru over it, its the hot new cooling fluid

It might be, but I'm always behind the trends...I'll stick with good old-fashioned air cooling, thank you...

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Fraction posted:

I've been reliably informed by Kluliss that we are going to have a goondog* meet. Party Boat may or may not be invited, idk

* I promise not to poison your dog kluliss

Yay, he probably should come along, he likes dogs too and is a Nice Person.

*it takes a lot to poison her - she's eaten huge quantities of chocolate, slugs, bits of garlic/peel which have been dropped in the kitchen, grass, hay, the pellets for the guinea-pigs, dog poop and horse poop. So far she has proven immune to anything that goes in her mouth.

**please note our dog is a total rear end when it comes to other dogs, and will chase/try to pretend she's bigger than she is/get grumpy/loud and also doesn't back down. If you have a fast dog though, it is at least hilarious watching her try to catch them...

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Fraction posted:

your wife and I are already planning it, don't you worry

Ftfy :)

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Bozza you could arrange to meet in an alley behind the venue so he can slip you the sausage for some cash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

I have given up on today, it's not worth it.

Home with netflix, coffee, and a packet of biscuits. The biscuits probably aren't going to last very long :(