Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Reading this page is so rage inducing. Its language is so obscenely geared towards desperate younger renters.

Like gently caress is it better than a deposit! you're sinking money permanently into the landlord and you don't get it back. AND they charge you at the end for 'damages' (read: normal wear and tear they think they can get away with charging you for), which are no longer disputable under the deposit protection scheme; which, by the way, overwhelmingly rules in the favour of tenants since its introduction so you're dropping something that basically all but guarantees your money back if you're a reasonable tenant, which the vast majority of people are.

Natalie Fartman fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Dec 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

That is awful, I'm so sorry.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I applied for universal credit yesterday

My life of being a sickie grifter begins, all because my employer refuses to do furlough this time around. I think he hoped that not paying me would mean I would keep working through a pandemic even though I should shield.

Statutory sick pay and UC it is.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

CancerCakes posted:

That sucks, sorry. gently caress the government for creating this situation, and gently caress your boss for being a turd

Did he fire you or did you quit? Either way you might have a case (although tribunals are horrible and it is a completely valid decision not to pursue if it will be harmful to your health)

Lol I have not been fired and I have not left, much to his annoyance. I have been there more than 2 years so he can't fire me without grounds, and legitimately using my SSP is not grounds.

He did however insinuate that if I used SSP for more than a couple of months I should do the right thing and quit. All goodwill I had for him has been utterly lost.

Gasmask posted:

are you still doing paintings?

Selling paintings at the same time might be an issue as claiming UC but I'll work that out. I made the choice to get a low but guaranteed amount of income over risking sporadic painting sales, plus I'm not set up as self employed yet at all. Depending on how the next few months go that may change.

Also what Galewolf said. My boss doesn't want the 'risk' of furloughing me because he's worried about extra costs around it and also, concerned that he will end up with too many staff on furlough. We're an essential business and half his staff have been told to shield. One quit instead of going on SSP, but as a kindness to HIM and not out of anger. The other two are just working.

I think he thought I'd work if I didn't get furlough. He was wrong.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

Bourbons are the worst biscuits and should be fired into the sun

Custard creams are much better (but still poo poo tier)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

MikeCrotch posted:

There's a recent guardian article about how an alarming number of young women are dying from getting dodgy rear end implants

Butt implants and fat transfers also have insanely poor results too. Fat transfers (brazilian butt lift) aren't permanent, get misshapen if you don't follow the correct recovery procedures (and the recovery process is loving insane, think about not being able to sit down or lie on your back. for months) and are also one of the most dangerous types of surgeries. Who knew that injecting a whole bunch of fat into a new part of your body would result in fat embolisms and death

Also they just look wrong. Having a big butt naturally always looks 10000% better than one through surgery