Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

Just got told I got a complimentary ticket for the cricket tomorrow, I'm gonna go, get drunk and pass out half way through as that's what you should do at test cricket.

Pro monster munch tip: Put a short segment of a cheese string into the hole in a pickled onion monster munch (it fits perfectly) for a delicious treat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Jose posted:

stoneofshame also lives in birmingham i think and also has some shameful tcc posts too

This is an accurate assessment.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is looking like a nice day to sit in a cricket ground getting, here's to hoping its not as poo poo a performance as the last test.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Cricket is good, also there's little funnier than watching an Aussie desperately try and get out of his kangaroo costume at the urinal.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Phoon posted:

stone imo you should leave the cricket and go across the road to look at the animals at the conservation centre

There isn't a bar with the animals and today is becoming a drinking/laughing at Aussies day.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

I may go do the Jimmy Anderson chant at the wallabies afterwards.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

The pub is filled with England fans chanting "you all live in a convict colony" to the tune of Yellow Submarine at the group of Aussies here, theyre taking it in good heart.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This thread is oddly more into nipples than sausage today.

I got offered a new role in my boss' budding business empire a few hours ago, with a huge pay rise, sadly it means I need to come in at half twelve in the afternoon rather than the six in the evening I had been planning for. Now desperately smoking a joint with the hope it will allow me to sleep very shortly.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

whos to say saussies are not mostly nipple anyway #freethesaussie

Good point, high end saussies promote themselves on their high meat content, but they dont specify where the meat is from on the animal.

Cricket has obviously gone to my brain as I read every instance of saussie as Aussie there the first time, would have given this a whole different meaning.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Dear uk post-(genre) thread am I wrong to ignore most of these distinctions and describe purportedly post-hardcore bands like Hot Water Music as just punk if so does it make it better that I do the same with purportedly hardcore bands like Agnostic Front or am I correct to really not give a poo poo.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Phoon posted:

the wet hot prequel is definitely the best netflix original comedy so far

trying to find a good burger in bham centre all the best ones i know are in the jewellery quarter or at digbeth dining club

There are good burgers in Moseley too city centre is a waste of time and only old fools live there. Also you misspelled Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt there.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Tell him you have an std but aren't going to tell him which one.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

You should just be playing the new game plus mode of the Witcher 3 by now really.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

crispix posted:

my mate always turns up to parties with a box of rosť, which she drinks from pint glasses with ice cubes in

Your mate sounds like a bit of pisstramp tbh.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Fluo posted:

I do a good mild

commercially though breweries tend to do it as a seasonal one off brew for Mild May because year round it wouldn't sell very well

the biggest market is banal boring 4% best bitter with fuggles and east kent gold

There's nothing wrong with a simple best bitter though if done well, Bathams Best Bitter is one of the greatest beers ever.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

hemale in pain posted:

im going to dublin this weekend. what is there to do in dublin?

Get on a bus to Galway, Kerry or one of the other much better places in Ireland.

Phoon posted:

continuing my efforts to befriend a cat that sometimes appears on my balcony

Buy some wafer thin ham, cats love it, then from a distance chuck it some when it appears thus slowly earning its trust, eventually you should be able to capture the cat in your apartment where it will eventually eat your eyes when you die of old age In a couple of years.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Yorkshire tea is the best of the bog standard tea bags that you can get from the supermarket. Just found out there's a Toast of London book coming out and read the first chapter, it was good.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Just give up now and quit your job Phoon.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Phoon posted:

im not sure christmas markets can be impressive

E: stone how much will the baron of moseley pay me to work in one of his establishments?

Like £7.50 an hour but its not overly worth it, I dont work there anymore though I'm working with autistic kids again, means I can go out and get hosed up on weekends again instead of having to get hosed up whilst working.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Phoon posted:

for real?? we should go out and get hosed up at weekends imo

E: ps obvious joke about moderating gbs

Plan.

Fraction wont come to Birmingham anyway I don't think. Also I font think there are many other brummie goons but me and phoon.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Phoon posted:

i would arrange a goon meet somewhere cool like digbeth dining club or rico libre or deep in an icy crevasse in the wilderness

Digbeth Dining Club isn't very good this week. There is a new place opening in Moseley with South American food and lots of rum soon, we should go there.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Phoon posted:

uhhhh the poutine people are there and they are amazing

No Low n Slow, Patty Men or Muy Loco Tacos though. Low n Slow is doing smoked bbq venison somewhere this weekend but I forget where.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

UncleBlazer posted:

It's the closest to gourmet you can get in Derby.

I went to brew a beer at Derventio brewery in Derby earlier in the year. The blokes there gave us breakfast of a bacon cob and lunch of a cheese and onion cob, I assume people in Derby live on a diet of cobs and pints of mild.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

In Northern Ireland a ring doughnut is called a gravy ring, whilst a doughnut is exclusively one without a hole for example a jam doughnut. It is the dumbest food based colloquialism.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

No, its because they're cooked in oil which is very occasionally colloquially called gravy, I dont know why oil is called gravy I've heard it like twice but gravy ring loads. Oil ring would be a stupid name too.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

The dairy milk with shortbread they used to make was dank.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

simplefish posted:

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-34615621
"It has now placed processed meat in the same category as plutonium, but also alcohol as they definitely do cause cancer."

Before some in-line editor jumped on this, the list also included salted fish, arsenic and diesel exhaust. Still, I'd better get rid of the plutonium from my diet.

Also beer and plutonium: just as dangerous at causing cancer

Pedricko has a lot to answer for.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Morrissey is shite and as a nation we should be ashamed of him and all his doings.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Bozza posted:

Need to upgrade my PC so I can play Fallout 4. This requires about £400 which I do have but I'm really stingy so don't want to spend it.

Also I've not built a computer since the early 2000s and I don't wanna gently caress it up.

Its really easy you wont gently caress it up, what are you changing?

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Something Witty posted:

If the PSU was from 2008, I'd aim to replace that also, even if it was a quality make or model. The components and output/efficiency deteriorate with age, and the PSU has the potential to kill any and all other parts with it if it dies.

This, a million times this, replace a PSU at about the five year mark. Get an i5 and 960 and you'll be flying for a while. An SSD will change your day to day computer life but isn't essential, if you're using old HDDs you may not notice a big general performance jump in day to day operations though.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Vitamins posted:

im awaiting it being a broken bugridden mess

I'm waiting for them to get Obsidian to make a follow up that's actually good.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Prince tickets were meant to go on sale today but he postponed it to avoid ticket touts apparently, the show I want to go to is the 1st of December, he's gonna cone up with some strange form of ticket lottery isn't he.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Lots of drug dealers use giff gaff in my experience.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

lol at getting hung up on by drug dealers

I left soggy boot prints on the seats opposite. Next time friend, next time

Cocaine makes people call drug dealers at five in the morning wanting more and inconsiderate drug dealers go to sleep.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Slash posted:

I'm going to Birmingham Christmas Market tomorrow to get shitfaced on German Beer and Gluwein. May also eat sausage. This is all assuming I can find my wait out of the train station.

Just go to the post office vaults instead it has better German beers, is warmer and they will let you bring sausage in.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

I thought DJs had traditionally been told to talk over the end of records to discourage home taping.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Jose posted:

i don't think thats been a concern for a long time

Obviously but people do poo poo because how its been done traditionally all the time.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

How come no one grows their own baccy is it really hard?

Today is a good Tuesday I have a works Christmas party gonna have a Michelin star lunch then make poor life choices and drink till tomorrow morning.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Jose posted:

i think its the drying that is hard and also maybe illegal

You would also need a good shredding device unless you would roll long leaf like with a proper cigar, it would probably be a real hassle. Its before midday and I have a glass of wine, there is no way this ends well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

XMNN posted:

the beers pretty good, I've got a pint of landlord, and its about two minutes from my house so its not too bad they just all up and disappeared

wish i had a newspaper so i didn't look like such a millennial on me phone

If the hand pump for Landlord is green it means Timothy Taylor's considered the Landlord at that particular pub to be particularly well kept. Landlord is a great beer, a pub near me managed to get Batham's Best Bitter in the other day, I'm gonna drink it all as who knows when it will appear near me again.