Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Ratjaculation posted:

stay strong postin pal. Sounds like you're on the right track, but reach out if you need to

Galewolf posted:

Hello thread friend, I know how it feels and, like Ratty said, please reach out if you feel the need. Ironically, back when this was happening to me and my "support circle" simply saying to get hosed because how dare I have problems when having a dream job and making lots of money, some goons I played Eve Online together since 2011 reached out and supported me through it.

Another super kind UK thread goon reached out couple of months ago when I was having another breakdown. Help can come from the most unexpected places, I guess.

Antidepressants helped me to anchor myself and have some breathing space and eventually I stopped using them under guidance. Haven't had one in 5 years I think but cannot deny that it was a correct solution at that time.

Stay strong, thread friend, you'll get over this

Thank you posting friends.
I think I'm over the worst of it. Oddly I used Eve Online for many years as an escape from real life and all my problems, I'm going down the route of therapy, but it's going to take time to actually get appointments. I've always hated the idea of anti d's until this but they are levelling me out slowly.
I have a very supportive wife who has struggled with mental health for a long time, although nearly losing her was the crisis that took me to the edge.

2014 was a good year, we had my first little girl, and unashamedly named her Eve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Pistol_Pete posted:

I might try playing Fortnite.

You would have more fun pulling off your genitals and throwing them in a river

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Moola posted:

I will never complain about the rain, I will abstain from rain complain

Not empty quoting

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

I love the rain if I'm at work, it's an excuse to sit in the van and get paid

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Landscape gardener. But generally Jack of all trades. I've been fencing, landscaping and turfing 173 Gardens on and off over the last couple of years amongst other small jobs. When it rains I don't like getting my expensive kit wet. Nail guns especially hate getting wet, £80 and two weeks for a service fucks me up big time if they gunk up.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Can't shoot the labourer if my nail guns don't work

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

2015 I spent managing a hotel and getting very shitfaced on duty every night. Owners were using it as a cash grab with a bullshit limited company paying no rates or rent to the brewery, folding the company and running off to Spain so I had no problems with cooking their stock take and making a few quid on the side selling cheap booze to my mates and getting ballbagged for free every day.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

hemale in pain posted:

i love getting Ballbagged ballgagged

Ftfy

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Missed page 2016 because we were celebrating our fourth wedding anniversary. Its actually today but it's not as socially acceptable to be drunk in public on a Sunday apparently.

2017 we had daughter number two

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

That's bold of you to assume I'm going to let her out of the dungeon

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Don't come to Cornwall. It's chaos. My local RFC has camping during the summer and has never been full, we purchased the field next door to the club and managed during lock down to get it into a condition to be used while we had nothing better to do. Both areas are now jam packed.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Oodles posted:

Cornwall in the summer is bonkers enough without the staycation crowd. We normally do camping in Perranporth, but booked the highlands instead. I was getting fed up of the 13 hour drive.

Perranporth is mental at the best of times in the summer. I would imagine Newquay is unbearable right about now.
I know a few quiet beaches that I could hear on down to but I really can't be arsed with the effort or the disapproving glares from locals assuming everyone that isn't themselves are visitors.
The whole argument that we need their trade to survive the pandemic is bullshit, locals are so fed up with being stuck at home that they are willing to out and spend at home more than ever. I've been asked more in the last couple of months if I'm local or on holiday than I've been asked in my whole life.
Had to run to a+e a month back after taking off my fingerprint with a solar garden light and the attending nurse said that 95% of people being admitted were not local. For a hospital that runs at 99% capacity at the best of times its not looking good for the next couple of very very busy weeks.
We do make a living here from tourists and second home trade but right now the stay cation crowd are pushing our infrastructure to its limits.
We are going to be the next local lock down, I'll put my eyebrows on it

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

hemale in pain posted:

Buying gifts for ladies is hard

So far I've bought her -

D&d Dice
Skull bracelet
Disney princess socks
Fake plant for a gecko

She'll probably like at least 1 of those things

I got the wife some silk jammys, little skimpy shorts and revealing top. A diamanté gin glass, unicorn slippers, giant rear end card and a dozen roses.
She got me some armani aftershave and a token for a blowjob

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

I've got a really great picture of my rear end wearing a pair of her purple panties. Maybe I should stick that on next years anniversary card

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Can this be redeemed anywhere or only specific outlets?

There is no small print, I'm going to see how she reacts to me asking to redeem it in the middle of lidls

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Or see how well trying to redeem it with a pretty cashier goes

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

We drank our way through 2/3rds of a 1.75L bottle of whiteley Neill raspberry gin last night.
Wife was sick, I think I might still be drunk.
Send help

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Zombie apocalypse or something next year

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Tried to redeem the voucher in the middle of sainsburys. Wife does not have a sense of humour today and is not putting up with any of my poo poo.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Tried to use the voucher on a pretty young sandwich making girl in subway.
The wife took away my blowjob voucher and is really quite cross with me.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

2022 I probably got another blowjob token and promptly got it confiscated. Because I'm an idiot and fly too close to the sun.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

goatface posted:

Voles are good and cool and I am pissed off when the neighbours' cats kill them in my garden.

Bb gun with bio degradable pellets.
Neighbours cats were attempting to maul my chikkuns so that was my solution. Once they got a bb to the arse a couple times they got the message.
My own cats don't care about the chickens one bit which is nice though. Why can't all cats be cool.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

They've not been back. We tried a water gun at first and it didn't deter them.
Its a very low power bb gun and I'm very careful.
My wife's grandad couldn't understand why I didn't shoot it with the shotgun. But he's from a weird generation of farmers that just loving love to shoot anything that moves.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

I love kitties as much as the next person. I wouldn't want to intentionally hurt one for no reason but I love my chickens and they were very small and defensless. They are much bigger now and can fend for themselves.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

I went back to work after the initial 6week lock down. Then had the breakdown at the end of June. My boss was nice enough to put me back on furlough instead of sick pay until I hopefully go back at the beginning of September.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Y... You're studying pegging?

Nice

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

I only really do Friday and Saturday drinking.
A cheeky Sunday afternoon sesh isn't horrible though I almost always regret it on a Monday morning when working.

Lockdown and mental breakdown got me drinking at all sorts of weird times. Like whiskey in the morning coffee on a Tuesday because why the gently caress not

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

We used to have air rifle wars on the cliffs.
How nobody lost an eye I'll never know

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

The kid that lives up the hill is always a wanker.
If you wanna chill with us mate, you gotta drag your fat rear end down the hill. We don't wanna ever meet your weird perma pyjama wearing mum and her house full of rabid cats ever again.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

The rich kid that lived in the valley with 3 acres of garden was worth the trek though.
He had all the cool poo poo and would always fork over money for fags, weed and lambrini.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

There was one time that we stole a can of petrol that was left on the side of the road outside the graveyard gates by the old guy in there strumming.
We took it to a nearby field and tried to reenact the line of petrol with the open can at the end like in the movies, turns out it doesn't explode but it does get the fire brigade called pretty sharpish to deal with the 20ft high wall of flame.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

NotJustANumber99 posted:

you sound like a toerag, dont touch anything in here.

I just liked fire and explosions.
I would buy boxes of 1000 cap gun caps, then strip out the gunpowder with a dart, take a couple of my dad's shotgun shells and strip out the powder from them. Using an old copper kettle I would crush the gun powder discs and cap gun powder together then roll them up tight in paper and cello tape the end.
When ever we bought fireworks, I would cut an amount off of each of the fuses to save for my own bangers.
I say they were 'French bangers' but realistically they were sticks of dynamite.
Could blow holes in hedges or pop wheelie bins into the air.

I played with pulling retrieveable rocket engines apart to make my own rockets but they always were a bit of a flub and far too expensive to be messing with all the time.

So yea, I was a bit of a toerag

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

I would say I've grown out of it. But we blew up some old train line detonators recently that my dad had left over unused from like ten years ago before he retired from driving.
They make a good pop

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

I'm being dragged shopping again.
I have to stay in the car with the kids. I mean why do I have to come in the first place, it makes no sense. The dogs and the cats get to stay at home, why can't I stay at home and play cock of doody modern gently caress poo poo stupid.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

I crashed and burned hard when I tried to make a docs appointment, they wouldn't let me off the phone because I admitted to to considering suicide. I got a mental health referral and assessment in the same day. Stuck me on diazapam and had multiple phone assessments and stuff in the next couple days.
I'm now in week four of antidepressants and I'm feeling much better. Still not 100% but I'm getting there.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Solefald posted:

Never again will o take benzos. Got given a course for 3 days on my nervous breakdown and it felt like I was trapped inside my body. It stopped the anxiety and mania but my brain was still going overtime. It was living hell.

I felt like this. I had a 2 week course while they decided on what anti d's to put me on.
Made me very dizzy and spaced out.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

I have some bats living in the hedge on the back of my garden. Probably 8 or so.
Cool little things, fudge knows what species though.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Entirely probable, but also maybe not. There are 13 of the 17 UK species in my area apparently.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

So we got a new dog a month or so back, I wanted a doberman so we compromised and got a chihuahua.
I felt the last of my masculinity leave on the day I drove to Cardiff to pick up the tiny ball of fluff.
I've now seen the light and it's the best thing ever, every single adult female in existence wants to come and talk to me when I walk her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Little and large

Salisbury Snape fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Aug 25, 2020