Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

I now apparently own a lazy spa Vegas, gently caress sake.
I need to stop the wife spending money, if she spends it on hot tubs, I have less to buy motorbikes and boats. This is a serious problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

I'm kinda OK with the hot tub, I'm not OK with having to fill 700l by bucket.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Party Boat posted:

My neighbours have just got a Lay-Z Spa do I need to prepare for some swinging action

Hello neighbour. I'm sorry I shat on your lawn

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Ratjaculation posted:

What's everyone doing today?

Sitting in a carpark with a chai latte and a McDonald's breakfast roll.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Actually I'm lying, I'm parked outside the carpark because I don't want to spend 50p for an hour ticket when I don't need to.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Spent the afternoon in the hot tub, I'm no longer being a bitch about the wife buying the tub. 40°c is beautiful heat to sit in and chill with a gin and tonic.
£300 well spent.

Whole setup for 300 that is, including some sponge jigsaw matting, protective cover and thermal cover (with added aftermarket insulation inserts) plus a brand new clearwater spa starter and maintainance kit, an extra bottle of chlorine powder, four new filters, outdoor insulated extention lead, an extra pack of ph/chlorine tester strips and plastic clip on drinks holder.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

fridge corn posted:

What gin in your g n t?

Whitley Neill raspberry. Still have a 1.75l bottle from when Sainsburys did it cheap last year. :sun:

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Yea, I'm intent on chucking the chems in it every day and keeping it clean. Benefit of it being a blow up is we can collapse and store it away during the winter so we don't have to do a full recommision and clean.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Poor Cyril. I didn't see the post but. I'm. Guessing it was an alcohol fueled cry for help.
I hope he gets the help he needs to beat his alcoholism and sort out his life :(

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

NotJustANumber99 posted:

what the jiggery pokery is that supposed to be?

:wtc:

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Galewolf posted:

It looks like gasbeton , or, the fancy name "Autoclaved Aerated Concrete" and relatively environmental friendly and has better heat insulation on top of other benefits. It's super lightweight so builders love it, not too strong though for load bearing units and they crumble like motherfuckers if anyone looks into their general direction.

They are produced in fixed dimensions so builders generally saw the excess parts with wire saws because they are prone to crumbling. I mean, normally the design software is like quite precise about dimensions so it's literally someone eyeballing that poo poo and applying mortar instead of fixing it when it was possible. Hell, you don't normally apply mortar since they are like Legos and almost always fit to the formwork.

In reality thermalite just gets cut with a regular handsaw. Nobody ever bothers getting a concrete saw.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Even 4" 7.3 blocks can be cut with half a dozen smacks with a hammer and Bolster though. There is no excuse for that block being laid like that.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

I'm not a blocky, or a stone Mason of any description, but when I learnt to lay block/brick we were not allowed to even think of using a buzzsaw. Takes more time to fire up and cut a block with a buzz than it does to roll the block on the stack and cut with a Bolster.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Fuuuuuck. Booked out for the rest of the week backfilling trenches for western power.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Poor 99. Taking one for ratty like a champ.

Happy womb evacuation day rat meister :love:

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

fridge corn posted:

Glad I didnt click that link cuz apparently it was dogs

Mods?

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Just finished Living With Yourself on Netflix.
Its hilariously awkward and awesome

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

goatface posted:

My water is soft as here, so I've not descaled mine for about that long. I used to live in Kent, on the chalk, and that would need doing twice a year at least.

Same, cornish water is about as soft as it gets. We have no need to descale anything. Kettles pack in long before requiring a descale

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Birb update:
Frankie chikkun is still spending the nights in my bathtub in the old fabric dog crate. Daytimes are spent in a separated area of our chicken run.
Every evening when it starts to get dark and the older hens put themselves to bed I bring Frankie inside and she has an hour or so roaming the living room, stealing crumbs and being a noisy little poo poo. I swear she doesn't ever stop beeping and squeaking.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i ordered me some goddamn fudge

Yarp, me too.
Its probably going to arrive when I'm not home and the wife and kids will get at it first though :(

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Congrats on your new paperweight

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Libdem clown here is also an antivaxer.
Even if that were not the case I wouldn't vote for him. I've had no less than 8 phonecalls from him and his team today across my home phone, work mobile and personal mobile. Oh and the wife has had two to her mobile.
Plus a week or more of terrible leaflets and a photocopied 'personal letter' through the post.
I think he really wants my vote, so I'm not going to give it to him. I'm a vote tease.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

I don't know, this one keeps getting stuck in my head, and it's truly awful.

https://youtu.be/pL2BRkdCQj0

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Bobby Deluxe posted:

fudge arrived, that was quick

Mine has not :(
I am a sad

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Hey camrath, my fudge still hasn't arrived :(

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Camrath posted:

It should be there Monday- everything was shipped Friday lunchtime.

:unsmith:

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

I'm in the stag and hen party capital of the United poo poo show today.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Oh apparently Newquay is no longer the capital. Nice.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Kyle please don't Sinkler
Skinny B
Summer Boat Hole
Patio Pal

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Fudge arrived. :getin:

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Only tried a sliver of salted caramel, dinnertime soon :( it's banging!!

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Building a house sucks. I haven't even got to planning yet and I'm getting fed up

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Tch, nah fam, you ain't no yoot. Yousa old man man now innit bruv

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

I know quite a few people in their thirties that have had the jab. Nothing for me yet though.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

LizzieBorden posted:

Having a rubbish day today. In true British fashion, please roundly mock me until I feel better.

Chin up grandma

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

I'm sitting in the truck doing nowt.
Raining pretty hard, probably won't be doing much work for the rest of the day. Although if I get the digger stuck it could be pretty funny.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Lol I take two 1.2l flasks of coffee with me to work everyday plus my travel mug filled with coffee.
I drink a pint cup in the morning before work and two or three mugs when I get home.

I think I have a problem

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

wooger posted:

You must be drinking some weak rear end coffee.
Do you add milk?
How many grams of coffee are you using per day?

Eh I go through a 200g jar of instant a week

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

The sun is shining, minimal workload to get through today but my workmate has a cold and is being a miserable oval office. gently caress sake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Boss has just told me off for looking at buying a digger for my build. Apparently I can borrow anything I want or need including manpower. :shobon: