Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Dear UK goons,

I too am an UK goon. Is this the right thread to introduce myself or is there some other thing I have to do first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Bozza posted:

welcome friend, please introduce yourself to the thread

Well, hello! I am an immigrant in London currently studying at uni, like pretty much every other immigrant here.

I'd like to say more, that's really all there is to it. Maybe something worth mentioning is that I have completely embraced cask and have no problem with warm beer anymore.

Vitamins posted:

i like your av

Thank you! I've seen people in this thread have really cool avs too.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Bozza posted:

Johnny Foreigner go home!

(welcome, we are v nice really but we will do some #bantz. where are you from so we can focus our insults?)

I'm from Venezuela.

So to the guy up there that's all like voting out if the eu see if I give a gently caress!

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

how bad a driver are you?

I am actually a really good driver.

It's the lack of laws and regard of mine and others safety that got the party started, though

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

did you learn to drive here or there

There. Never driven here, and not really interested.

By the way, who is fraction?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Bozza posted:

White people dreads are the worst.

I think the attitude that comes with them is even worse

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Manic X posted:

Just read an article about the plan for some KFCs and McDs to not serve under-18s to curb staff abuse. Great, now instead of being stopped by teenagers who want me to buy them fags, it'll be:

"Scuse me mate. If I give you a tenna can you go into KFC to grab me and my mates some popcorn chicken."

Staff abuse? What the gently caress?

I also love too when some kid that looks 14 wants me to buy him fags because he "forgot his id". Look, if you aren't gonna pay me for my trouble then you aren't getting anything

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

corn in the fridge posted:

wtf is this advert i cant even

How are we supposed to know that there's not a body in the carpet?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

corn in the fridge posted:

she could hold a fourth but doesn't bother cuz they're all european passports anyway. I've got two but could hold a third but it would require a lot of effort and its a bad passport to have anyway

I would have thought holding the maximum amount of official documents at all times would be a good thing

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Who the hell finds a chair in the field and reports it to the media?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

freelop posted:

What is with his hands?

He looks like a baby in a suit

The truth is he is actually five toddlers stacked up on top of each other disguised as an adult

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

police in dallas stuck a bomb on a robot and used it to kill a suspect lmao

wait what

I thought it was the guy in his garage that had all the bombs and poo poo?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

I am dying of drunk

Please help

Same right here mate

Just keep drinking it'll be fine

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Family is visiting and I had to go to the most touristy poo poo in my town yesterday. Not fun

Today we are probably gonna have dinner and go to a park maybe. More fun

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Looke posted:

i am in london with my better half next week and have a pretty tight plan for our stay - lots of tourist stuff n poo poo, but does anyone have any recommendations that aren't so well known or that they just like

Madame Tussaude's is hell on earth. But nearby is the Golden Phoenix: best goddamn Chinese I've had in my life

Go to the Welcom Collevtion for a museum that combines science+art in amazing ways. If you are lucky they might still have the exhibit on sound. Somewhat related idea: Victoria and Albert Museum

In Chinatown is the experimental cocktail club. Get your drink on in style

Go to Bricklane if you wanna take a nice walk and don't mind a bunch of assholes trying to get yo to go to their restaurants. But it's nice and you can go to the Rough Trade nearby and/or Cafe 1001 for a drink or the nearby street food for, well, food

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

i need a new game now i'm nearly finished with doom. recommendations?

GTAV is real good. GTA Online has a nicely active thread here on SA to get together and gently caress around

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

I love how thanks to social media every single little thing is an "outrage" now.

I didn't even know those were part of the meal deal

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

let's play "deer or dog?"

Dog?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Yes

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Why is gbs dead though? Don't quite get how that happened or why

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Going back to London in a few days and I'm just not ready for the cold and the whole everything again.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

Some oval office has smashed my rear windscreen in the middle of the night

What why?

Did they at least steal the radio and make it worth it or was it just some chavs being little shits?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

no other damage it was just a oval office

That's just stupid at this point. If you are gonna do something wrong, at least put in the effort of doing it wrong right.

Vitamins posted:

v ungood imo

someone tried smashing the side window on my sisters car but was such a mouthbreather they couldnt do it so settled with scratching it instead

Case in point: what the gently caress does anyone accomplish by scratching somebody's car? I know he wasn't able to break the window but at least take it for a joyride or something.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

hemale in pain posted:

...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn

It's just the lack of commitment what bothers me.

If they really wanted to watch the world burn they would have slashed the tyres or something. That is some teen tier scrub bullshit right there

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Looke posted:

Is the help to buy isa good? Looking at renting with my girlfriend at the moment, but was wondering if it's worth it/will be protected in the next few years

With my very limited understanding of the world, and given that I'm really new to this kinda things, the answer would be yes.

It's better than regular ISA and good for budgeting a cool two hundo each month for savings, it's tax free with a good interest rate and if you choose to buy a home eventually the government gives you some free money to go along with it.

Only bad thing is that you can only put 200 a month regardless of if you draw from it or not; however you could conceivably open multiple ISAs and budget your savings around them to make he most out of your ISA allowance (so if you intend to save 400 or more than 200 but less than any number larger than 400 a month you should open two ISAs). Bonus points if for each ISA you open you have 1200 for each to make the most out of them with each month.

Overall10/10 would ISA again.

Furia fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 22, 2016

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

Isn't that poo poo just cheap and tacky as gently caress? Do you need a skull bottle for something?

I'm just annoyed that nowhere around here stocks supermalt.

Yes, but... you know... free skull

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

You can have multiple isas. You just have a limit of 15k/yr that you can contribute.

Dunno if it's different for help to buy ones

Yeah, that's what I meant. You can only have one help to buy, but you can split the allowance however you like

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Gonna be arriving to London later today. Tomorrow gonna pick up some shoe supplies and Monday is back to uni

My life is so loving uneventful Jesus Christ

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Danger - Octopus! posted:

You can buy hot sauce that comes in a big skull shaped glass bottle and is cheaper than the vodka

Also this is good to know. You know the name by any chance?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Shower didn't work this morning and I'm afraid people can smell it

Just gotta be cool and not sweat like a pig it'll be fine

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

I like cookies

It has nothing to do with chips talk just wanted to ket u guys know

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

whoever can pull them out will be crowned King Arthur

Is that the "berry" pic?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

I high-texted the work whatsapp group yesterday

Please advice

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Ok, now I'm REALLY motivated to get that new job

In other news: shower works fine now

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

So my job people are either cool with my high-texting or are just ignoring it

Either way I didn't get fired so I'm counting it as a win

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

feedmegin posted:

PC master race

Thinking of building my own personally, but it's gonna be incredibly expensive so I don't think I can quite justify the cost just now

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Lazy Saturday lazy Saturday

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

im really hungover

i threw up last night, got back to my room, fell asleep in an upright sleeping position until 6am, woke up and threw up again until my eyes turned red, went back to bed, and have just gotten up

Nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Gonna meet with my sis for dinner.

Tomorrow will work and then proceed to waste my whole day

My life is so loving uneventful