Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I've been playing a lot of skyrim recently. Of course, I've got it modded to the gills. Most of them were just little gameplay tweaks like SPERG and more interesting loot and tougher bandits. I recently installed some sort of 'more varied enemies' mod and I'm regretting it. It can be a bit jarring when you are out collecting herbs and suddenly run into a rotfiend or nekker from The Witcher 3. I've got to say that the models are pretty well done though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Some breaking news.

https://twitter.com/EdConwaySky/status/1316413190704594952

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I have only been paying attention to local news infrequently. I don't like being ignorant and ill informed but I've got my mental health to think about too.

God, it's so loving frustrating - just such blatant corruption and there doesn't seem to be anybody with the will or means to stop them.

Sorry. I forgot this was GBS and not C-Spam.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IiK0I-8BfM

I don't think I'm preaching to the choir but gently caress the UK. I'm in N. Ireland which makes me part of the UK too. I get that youtube comments is full of trolls but I believe some of these comments are genuine. gently caress the UK.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

:bang:

The French are going to have a field day with this:

Elderly couple eat can of French cat food, thinking it was delicious paté.

*nasally french laughter*
"hunhhunhhunh, brit food makes our cat food taste like foie gras!"

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Bobby Deluxe posted:

the person i spoke to seemed nice and took a lot of info but they are not the one making the decision, so i absolutely anticipate a 'you can gently caress right off with this claim' letter in a few weeks

I don't know, you might be okay. I was cut off in 2017 in a face to face interview with Capita. A couple of years ago I got it reinstated and I don't think I would have if it wasn't a phone interview. Such is the nature of disabilities that are not visible at first glance.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I wish more people knew about the genius of Mr. Joe Gooch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fbXgdqyFYg

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I actually got a tooth removed today. Got a root canal a few years ago. I was told today that if I had a crown in it might have saved the tooth and it was something I've been meaning to get looked at for a while. The dentist told me a lot of people lost teeth because of covid. I had to go private, too - the NHS isn't taking any more clients. Cost me 80 loving quid that I can't really afford.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

NotJustANumber99 posted:

did you ask for the tooth back at least? Tooth fairy will reimburse you 50p (used to be 20p when I wor a lad)

Nah, one time I went to that dentist to get a wisdom tooth removed and he had already thrown it in the biohazard bin before I could see it. I wanted to take it home with me.

At least I got to see the tooth this time. It was in pieces, maybe I could have got £1 - 2 for it?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i had my last dental appointment today, scale and polish following on from 2 fillings, one of which is probably going to turn into a root canal

the only reason i was able to get one was because i was able to use a nearby clinic that handles people with autism, it would otherwise be there are no loving dentists taking even private patients for miles around

I didn't have much trouble seeing the dentist as I live in a fairly sparsely populated area in N.I.

But earlier this week I rang the doctor who is supposed to me giving me an assessment for ASD. I got the letter confirming I was on the waiting list in Febuary last year. She told me that the waiting list is 20-25 months and if it was any consolation I was near the top of the list.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Mister Speaker posted:

oi what do you lot call 'tractor trailers'?

it's 'lawrence' or something, isn't it?

No, we call them 'tractor trailers'.

Anyway, I'm scared to ask but does anyone know why #drybumming is trending on UK twitter?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Yep, apparently she likes anal with no lube.

Prince William too. He's into pegging.

But this #drybumming thing seems to have nothing to do with them.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I ate out this morning and I feel guilty about having a fry. It had black pudding but no white pudding. Which reminded me, I prefer white pudding over black but I haven't had any in ages.

Just browsing the last few pages of this thread got me thinking about recipes with white pudding - I was thinking fried rice. Then I found this:

https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/11764836-spanish-stew-with-chorizo-and-morcilla

I just happen to have some chorizo in the fridge, a bunch of fresh thyme and parsley too. I'm going to adapt this for white pudding.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I found this on twitter. I don't know the context but I lol'd anyway.

https://twitter.com/Spy5Wire/status/1605849524865404928

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I already posted this elsewhere but I think more people need to see this:

https://twitter.com/supertanskiii/status/1698684003463676393

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Salisbury Snape posted:

Maaaaan kids these days might live to know the hell that is Elliot portacabins and the great times when a mentally unstable kid climbs on top of one and refuses to come down

They are still in use, at least here in N. Ireland.

The same ones that have been there since 1990.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

ilmucche posted:

Blue planet is on BBC 3. This episode is full of nightmare creatures

After you finish watching that, you might enjoy this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCf4zwOfRas&t=5s

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Yeah, I don't know why I'm typing this up at 5.17am. Most people in the UK are probably asleep.

I heard a crash from upstairs at around 1am. My neighbour had fallen and it left a lump the size of an egg on his head. He called an ambulance - which only arrived 3 minutes ago. It came all the way from Larne, which is 40 miles away. There used to be a hospital with a casualty ward 10 miles away and the ambulance would have been here within a half hour.

Don't know why I'm telling anyone this. If he dies I'd like it to be more than just a column inch in the local paper, like that poor student who died from sepsis earlier this week while in a hospital bed. That kid actually rang 999 from his hospital bed because he thought he was being neglected.

If this sort of scandal happened 10 years ago it would be a national outrage.

Stupid loving shithole of a country and government.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Dysgenesis posted:

Ambulances don't come from hospitals.

I could say "gently caress off, this is no joking matter" but... people are dying.

You know what? Just gently caress off.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I'm glad I don't have stomach issues. GPs and their prescriptions can only do so much.

The doctor prescribed me mirtazapine after I told him I didn't like fluoxetine. I wish I had known about the irritability side effects of it. If I did I might still have a clean rap sheet. Might still have some friends on the forums too. There wouldn't be a hole in my wardrobe either.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Who had a glory hole in their wardrobe... what are you keeping in it?

You can't understand what people are trying to say when you can't see their facial expressions and it's just words on the internet. I think you are only joking and I get that.

I need to take a break from posting before I threaten to do to you what I did to my wardrobe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Gasmask posted:

i'll be your friend, valko

You don't want to be my friend.

I'm just going to leave it at that and try to get some much needed sleep.

I think I'll manage about two hours before I wake up and find myself chewing on my bedsheets. lol.