Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

kecske posted:

dodgy diverter valve imo

Ah cool, that should be easy to find, i first suspected it was the central heating pump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I could have picked the sausage roll, i could have picked the massive cheese sandwich, i could have went for the cream cakes but no, lentil soup it is

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The best biscuit is the pink panther wafer but the best chocolate biscuit is a triple

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Party rings are boring without a side condiment

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

learnincurve posted:

It was more about me having planned a full day of playing civ V and VI while wearing my fluffy sheep pyjamas tbh.

I kinda fell of the Civ games after 2, whats the thought between jumping between the 2?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I literally just finished my last fudge last night, the strawberry milkshake and eton mess were my favourites

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Ratjaculation posted:

Lunch options are a Tesco meal deal or a spoons, meal expenses are capped at a tenner.

Guess spoons it is

Should be capped at 3 quid imo

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

learnincurve posted:

I forgot to turn the central heating down last night

Casual brag

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

living in the uk is definitely a personal failing

I quite like it here (Scotland)

If they ever legalise weed ill have no reason to leave

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

hemale in pain posted:

I love Scotland, the cities all suck of course but the remoteness of the northern Highlands was certainly something.

I cannot stand the cities for anymore than a half day visit but im in a relatively rural area and i could just not picture living elsewhere.

The few times I've been down in England I've almost had an anxiety attack from the sheer density

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I've only visited a handful of places in England really...

Birmingham was a pretty nice looking city, I loved the canals but I did see some pretty sordid stuff - 2 heroin junkies under a bridge, a man who looked like a drug addict taking a full on number 2 on a footpath (he did apologise) and a heavily muscled brute with gold teeth swigging a bottle of vodka asking what we were doing in Birmingham.

Berwick is a pleasant enough little market village, very hilly, I enjoyed the peoples accents there, there is nothing quite as charming to my ears as a Northumbrian accent.

Blackpool was a really fun time, I had the fortune to go in 2015 when September weather was 25 degrees full on sunshine, I could see it being utterly miserable if you went during worse weather. There was enough to keep me entertained and the poke of chips I had on Blackpool pier was one of the best tasting I've known. The Harry Ramdsens was shite and over priced though.

Ross-on-Wye is a beautiful little village, we stayed in a tiny place called the Happy Cow Cottage when we were down visiting family that way. Did a lot of driving through South-East Wales which was pretty neat.

So yeah apart from those and a service station near Newcastle-Under-Lyme those are the only times I've set foot on English soil.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

fridge corn posted:

I tried hades. It sucks

I don't who sounds more crazy, you or the multiple nutters I've seen post about playing frickin Hades for 200 hours

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

fridge corn posted:

Hey at least I put about 10 hours into before I decided it was boring and the controls were bad, and the voice acting sounded off like everyone was rushing their lines or something. I guess not being thirsty for anime greek deities doesn't help either.

You gave it a fair shake fridge

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'm sitting in a frigidly cold Scottish office daydreaming of my lunchtime turkey sandwhich

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Wake and bake is where its at

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

I used to think "gently caress this stupid country why can't i just loving smoke it and that turned into "i have so much its almost boring" and one day the uk will legalise when I'm too old and baked too care

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
That's pretty rank and I'm the kinda guy who gets made fun of for making cheese and jam sandwiches

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Gamesmaster time

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Did anyone else watch the new gamesmaster? Seen no mention of it on here and thought it was fantastically done, really nailed the tone perfectly

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'm so fed up of my job that even working from home 3 days a week isn't enough but its the easiest money ill make in my life. Don't know what to do really. Probably get to 10am then say gently caress it and get stoned

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Friday is unfortunately my office day.

Thankfully its also my get stoned and play dota till 2am day

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
My boiler is from 1986 and still works

Central heating is on blink but I'm not cold enough to lift the laminate flooring and find valve just yet

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Gasmask posted:

Are you really supposed to get your boiler inspected

I’m 36 and I’ve never had it done

Very appropriate user name/post combo

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I can't be arsed with my work today and no one actually appears to care what i do so I'm gonna play some crash bandicoot

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

what happened to the Posh Beans

Ngl was actually looking forward to this review

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

CancerCakes posted:

Having a movie night

Attendees:
Horror movie enthusiast
Strictly come dancing fan
Period drama lover
Me (review post history for interests, nerd poo poo mainly)

Challenge: - pick a movie for us that everyone will like!

My suggestions so far are:
Parasite
Godzilla
Whole Nine Yards

Repo: the genetic opera

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

happyhippy posted:

I've left a french letter inside your mums.

:vince:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Skarsnik posted:

Just lol if you dont read every post of every thread to fill the empty void between work and sleep

I have league of legends for that

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
hadn't heard it till this thread pointed it out, its a pretty bleak one and i'm not shy of saying I enjoy Ed Sheerans catchier tunes

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
My dad had a Jethro VHS, for some reason i thought he was a yorkshireman, ah well, rip

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Dell_Zincht posted:

New GamesMaster is loving rubbish

its great, it could have been so obscenely awful but they nailed the tone and the humour and the nostalgic element, you could maybe say it was a bit too everyman having Mario, Call of Duty and Fifa challenges but they also did Deathloop and Splatoon so yeah, props to the team behind the show they did a great job

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Last day in office 2021 before 15 days of xmas break! Woooooo

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Finished work last night, wolfed down a special lamb shish and then promptly slept for 12 hours

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
its a fray bentos, just call it what it is

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
the uk ramsays kitchen nightmares was class and i've seen the episode about the british lad living in spain with his open air restaurant at least twice but the american one is unwatchable over dramatized crap and i couldn't get through an episode :(

pretty much the same for all Americanised versions of good tv though, The Office was the closest to being good but it was basically a different show (we didn't need 200+ episodes, 12 was perfect!!)

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

MikeCrotch posted:

I just deleted Twitter off my phone. Too cowardly to deactivate my account tho

i quit twitter, i dunno, prolly like late 2019, pre covid anyway and its genuinely the best internet related change i've ever made

now instead of sitting refreshing that i just refresh something awful and podcast addict

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I only know what Lytham St Anne is because legendary Scottish footballer Colin Hendry has a pish footballer son called Callum from there

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Greyhounds are the loveliest dogs and I would have one in a heartbeat but the wife says no cuz she thinks they are ugly and wants a cocker spaniel instead, booooo

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I've been steadfast about phones never breaking for years but i went for a walk on new years and slipped and fell, twisted my ankle, cut my knee open and smashed my phone off the ground, now the screen doesn't work, i've tried to use my old phones as a replacement but they either don't switch or or don't have a sim card bridge, i've tried ordering an upgrade from o2 (thankfully the phone was like 6 years old and kind past it anyway) and the website crashed, i've looked on amazon but can't be arsed spending £100 on a phone when I barely leave the house anymore

all in all i'm just considering not getting a replacement, its very freeing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

el dingo posted:

Been back to work since Tuesday and I've mostly just read these forums

haha, same