Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

hey guys what's going on in this thread

sorry i didn't go online for rocket league yesterday i fell asleep watching a blu ray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

Shirley Crabtree posted:

on the subject of exercise my gym changing rooms are always full of old man bums and willies

its a posh gym that i got a student discount at (david lloyd) so i guess my question is, is it a public school thing or do all british men get to a certain age and want to show off like that? is this what id see if i went to a gym for poors? i dont like it, im not a prude about being naked in front of other people or catching glimpse of it but its literally wall to wall old man cock and anus, it takes no more than 30 seconds to dry the old chap but they stand there legs akimbo and ive been nearly hit by flying appendages far too many times to mention whilst they rabbit on to their chums about tennis and cricket and their insurance policies

it's exactly the same at my gym. Most people dry off mostly, in the shower cubicles, go to their locker, finish drying then immediately put pants on, but the old boys spend ages drying themselves in the changing room staring at Sky News on the telly, bemoaning immigrants or something.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

sometimes when they are doing maintenance at my gym they swap round the male and female changing rooms

the womens' room is much bigger, cleaner and nicer than the mens' and actually has working toilets in it, it's incredible.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

weirdly though the Uk like isn't crowded at all, it's quite a long way down the list of countries ranked by population density

it's just that we have a lot of really stupid people that screech about how the country must be full because one time they saw a muslim on the way to work.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

it's my birthday tomorrow and all but two of my friends is on holiday and one of those is getting married next weekend (i'm the best man) so he's too busy to come get drunk with me

gonna just get trashed with work colleagues instead i guess.

Quote-Unquote fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jul 31, 2015

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

^^^ yes, I am Kyle maclachlan.

i probably should go to a goon meet one time. i think the last time i went to one was like 11 years ago

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

Taff is official uk thread Rocket League MVP

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

Jose posted:

someone post a list of ps4 usernames so i can add everyone and then still forget to play rocket league

I'm herr_pink

I am the world's worst goalie but idk pretty good at scoring from rebounds

Or crashing into team mates so hard that they accidentally score

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

I'm earning more than I ever have in my life and nobody ever gives me any work to do here. It's really boring.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

Eggs keep forever in the fridge but cook better if you leave em out for a while before cooking imo

But then I like to eat Yorkshire puddings filled with scrambled egg w/ nutmeg as a delicious drunk snack so you probably shouldn't listen to me.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

Drinking scotch and watching Blade on blu ray. This film owns so hard, literally every other comic book movie sucks in comparison.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

I might be on Rocket League tonight (herr_pink). Was supposed to go out but I really can't be arsed tonight, and it's the real ale festival tomorrow so I would rather not be hungover.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

NaDy posted:

so the real question that i need to find the answer to is what is the best pub quiz team name?

"I wish this microphone was a cock"

We used this one time and won. All the other teams kept on shouting out "who won again?" I can't hear you!" and for some reason the guy didn't realise they were taking the piss and kept on repeating our name for like five minutes.

Then everyone stood up and clapped and sang bohemian rhapsody and that quiz guy turned out to be albert einstein etc.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

Buy a ps4 and come and play rocket league and maybe diablo

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

Fraction posted:

Buy a ps4 and use it as a really expensive netflix machine, corn. Like me.

(I can't loving wait for Fallout but in the meantime there hasn't been a game that's really grabbed me since Dragon Age Inquisition )

play the witcher 3 it is like dragon age inquisition but actually good and has actual quest lines instead of just being a collection of a million 'collect 10 wolf dick' missions.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

hemale in pain posted:

that is the best quest. there's tons of really good quests in it buut drat 'witcher senses' poo poo is only cool for so long.

lambert lambert, what a prick.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

lol Colin Fry is dead

I just contacted the spirits and they're pissed off at having to spend eternity with that piece of poo poo.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

All psychics should either be in prison or should be institutionalised, depending on whether or not they think they really are talking to ghosts.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

goatface posted:

Find a hungry dog and feed it your chilli.

don't do this chilli is very bad for dogs especially if it has onion in it

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

Slash posted:

not going to work. Just take Friday's off for 3 months...

I did this one year. didn't work friday in October, November or December. 3 day weekends rule.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

if I didn't really like MGS 1 or 2 but kind of liked Revengeance should I get MGS 5: Toilet Paper Party?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

Bozza posted:

gently caress off, HS2 haven't designed owt that detailed yet.

They're still fannying about with their branding and corporate vision and piss.

Is this going to be like the British version of the F-35 or whatever that we spend a tonne of money on designing the most elaborate, high tech vehicle ever but it doesn't actually perform the basic actions of a train like 'moving forwards' and 'not falling off the rails for no reason', like the F-35 can't fly straight or land without exploding?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

feedmegin posted:

Unfortunately the British version of the F-35 is the actual F-35. We paid 2.5 bil towards its development costs

Yeah I know, plus the aircraft carrier we built that was supposed to have the new F-35s on but we had to abandon that when it became obvious that they couldn't get the planes on the ship without everything exploding lol

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

corn in the fridge posted:

cool plane chat itt

what is your favourite kind of plane or train?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

corn in the fridge posted:

i like the ones that get me to my destination in a timely, safe, and comfortable manner

they are good

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

why would you keep tinned sweetcorn in the fridge?
this is very problematic

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

why isn't it friday

i hate my job

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

my job is just boring. I was hired as a software developer but I spend maybe 98% of my time doing web design

which is something that i am bad at and hate doing

almost all the programming is done by one guy who doesn't like to document anything at all, doesn't write tests for anything and doesn't want to do pair programming so that other people can figure out what the hell is going on. and he's on holiday so basically if anything goes wrong everyone looks to me and I have to spend hours searching through badly formatted, undocumented code to chase down bugs. But that's still preferable to loving around with CSS all day so I'm hoping something goes wrong.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

Actually considered injuring myself intentionally rather than come in to work today

Then I realised that's probably a sign of mental illness and I should probably see a doctor or find a new job ASAP. Only been here three months and really, really regretting leaving my old job (even though the pay and benefits are better).

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

UncleBlazer posted:

Does he believe that his code is amazing and has a smug sense of satisfaction even though his code leaves you weeping? There always seems to be one guy. Especially at small businesses that have a single in house developer with nobody to slap their poo poo down

You won't believe the atrocities I've seen in PHP.

To be honest it's mostly not too bad (if really poorly formatted, which makes it hard to read, but that's easy enough to clean up in Sublime Text or such). It's just that the complete lack of testing leads to really silly errors that could easily have been avoided if there was literally any shared knowledge or unit/behavioural tests. And those errors are hard to track down because of the complete lack of documentation. You know, stuff like not doing strict type checking, which is stupidly important in PHP (quite a few times I've had to fix something because of the use of != false instead of !== false).

I've got a new boss now who is keen for me to write tests for all new work from now on, so it might get better. Right now though it's a serious chore to get out of bed and endure this poo poo. It's honestly making me completely miserable spending hours every day making tiny annoying tweaks to CSS and being shot down whenever I want to refactor some code or rewrite some ancient bits that nobody seems to understand (because "it works fine the way it is!"). But at least the money is good.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

It is 10:18 and I really wish I was drunk.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

NaDy posted:

i forgot

we forgot

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

It's almost lunch time
Might go to the pub and get drunk and see if anybody in my offices notices or cares this afternoon.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

wow, I'm never going to post in AI. Pretty sure those guys are even more retarded than TFR or GiP.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

that guy is really angry that someone said he was negligent as gently caress

even though reading his posts it looks like he was

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

good morning

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

Taff i sent you some presents in Diablo. didn't realise you played it? Or is the game just being an idiot and giving me gifts for people that don't even play the goddamn game?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

The Big Taff Man posted:

Ive got it but only played a little, I got it to play with a mate offline as it was on a list of best couch multiplayer games and we played a bit and he hated it.

Oh okay. Let me know if you want help levelling up to 70 or need any gear.

Story mode sucks pretty hard for the most part.

crispix posted:

i want pressens

get diablo on ps4 and i will sent you many

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

The Big Taff Man posted:

Im like at a really low level but if you ever want to play feel free to let me know.

Will do. If you play in adventure mode with a gem of ease (I'll chuck one your way) it takes like an hour, maybe an hour and a half to get to max level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 21, 2002

friday status update: still not friday