Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

https://twitter.com/davideastUK/status/1423669678434619400?t=_ijOxkwYZH4yK91gMk7dFg&s=19

:siren: BY ORDER OF IK, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE MAGNA CARTA- :siren:

- Political discussions are allowed in moderation, but this is a chill thread so tirades and debates should be moved to the UK Megathread (UKMT) in D&D
- oval office and shrek EMBARGO YOU CAN SAY oval office and post shrek IN THIS THREAD
- Please refrain from killing UK goons and burying them under your patio
- Meal deal discussion and Gregg order requests are mandatory
- GBS rules apply

here is the uk:

thamk you god bless the queen king

previous thread for reference

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

op updated

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Jose posted:

why am i less mysterious

than party boat

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

XMNN posted:

its the ridges
for her pleasure

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Fraction posted:

Oh hello I found you
hi how is the job going

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Shirley Crabtree posted:

i work at john lewis, the discount card is nice but i dont like the customers very much
john lewis customers are all self satisfied daily mail reading twats smugly lording their brief moment of power over anyone unlucky enough to have to serve them

i cant imagine anything worse than having to face those shits every day

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Shirley Crabtree posted:

i dont really know anything about wolverhampton so in an attempt to educate myself i did a youtube search and all i can find is videos of slappers fighting each other
go onto whatever channel 4 are calling their on demand service this month and watch raised by wolves do it now

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

op updated with a note about park running

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The Big Taff Man posted:

I'll be crowdsourcing ideas for my new posting brand over the next 7 days
ultra minimalism

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

StoneOfShame posted:

This thread is oddly more into nipples than sausage today.
whos to say saussies are not mostly nipple anyway #freethesaussie

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

aussies are mostly nipple but just like our bartending industry, we will make room for them in this thread

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

the thing is right

your all gay for going to the jim

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i dont use gay as a pejorative but i mean like if you go to the naked dude place and you look at a naked dude and you feel threatened or uncomfortable or think 'oh no i shouldnt stare' then maybe look deeper into that process

or just be like 'its a dick, whatever'

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i mean we saved up for a house and had a family in our twenties, i dont know why you havent done the same

maybe because your generation has spent the last thirty or forty years driving house prices up by ten times the rate of inflation all so you can stand there soaked in overpriced perfume and layers of foundation pretending your body isnt a rotting husk of its former youth

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

houses in liverpool are very cheap but the drawback is that you have to live in liverpool

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

the government banned bees or something

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

freelop posted:

Hey Fraction you are invited to this weekends' goon meet.
dude it says right there in the title

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

drat this couch is heavy

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i moved a sofa across the house and now im chillin with a glass of red wine and ibuprofen, just had a lasagne i made and probably gonna have a nap in a bit

good day

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Jose posted:

the robot is not sexy and he shouldn't gently caress it

what an age we live in

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The Big Taff Man posted:

It looks like all the best posters in this thread had lasagne for tea tonight.

Yes, I had lasagna
did you make it yourself

i used lamb mince and marinated it in red wine but used too much and now im sleepy

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

mousakka can suck a fuckin dick

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

we dont use the q word

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Fraction posted:

The gently caress is 'like a Jessie'?
ive only ever heard people use it when doing impressions of a scottish person

i doubt its a word they even really use any more

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

there is no post rock there is only dad rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBRoQ91W1rk

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

HJB posted:

i never got the name, why is there post rock when rock still very much exists
the idea is that rock is very much its own definition, and post-rock (well, post anything - post modernism etc) is aware of the definition of rock and consciously seeks to deconstruct and transcend said thing. so post-rock is not failing to be rock because it doesn't know how, nor is it saying 'rock is dead,' its saying 'we are aware of rock, we could do it if we wanted, but we are using the framework of rock to break free from the definition.'

imagine a hipster fawning about how his band has 'moved past typical rock' and you have got it

source: three loving years of listening to arty fuckers talk about this poo poo like its the most profound revelation ever

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Aug 2, 2015

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Fluo posted:

Wait till they discover Merzbow and John Cage hahahahahahaha
i meant 'post' as any kind of categorisation, mostly how astonished first years are when they finally crack the definition of post modernism.

its like well loving done, now go apply it to every single thing you do for the rest of your sodding education.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

you should have a brew called post beer and its just tapwater that you have to drink alongside a flavour tablet and a saline drip filled with alcohol 'in the right social setting.'

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

ajheretic666 posted:

I went out in the New Forest today and all the car parks were full of tourists just eating next to their cars and not going any further into the forest than the bins.
um

was this at night

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Jose posted:

don't eat at lau's when you're in newcastle

was it bobby deluxe who recommended it?
oh yeah the lau's on stowell street went down the shitter a looong time ago, last time i went past it looked like a school canteen.

lau's 22 on the other hand is classy as gently caress and i still recommend it. if you want to steer clear of the empire there is also my shanghai at the bottom of the coast road, started by a bunch of staff and family the lau's empire disowned.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

im not working that hard but im not earning a lot either

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

I saw Too Many Cooks yesterday and now I understand Bobby Deluxe and Vitamins' avatars

Upsetting imo
i think it would work p. well to either hotel california or when the man comes around

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

no

youve gone too far fluo

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i dont like cricket

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i love it

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

just stand up and do a karate montage to 'youre the best' by joe esposito

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

fyi none of this makes any sense

am I supposed to vote for hairy potter now or what
it doesnt really make sense to us and we live here, so vote whichever way your heart leads you

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

ah, well I know voting is a joke so I'll treat this thread as such
but i put so much effort into the op

its my lifes work

what will i do now

where will i go

(to the chippy most likely)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe