Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

I have no idea how many times I've played this game, because it is so good. The levels are good, the weapons are good, the characters are good, the story is good, the humour is good.. Everything (bar a couple of small things) is just amazing and it is a crime that you took your time getting to this game, but I understand, since you need to be in top spacecat form to enjoy this game to the fullest.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Which R&C game is the one that's not that great that isn't All 4 One or Secret Agent Clank?

Size Matters. And maybe Full Frontal Assault, if Tower Defense isn't your thing. And maybe the mobile games if you want to count them.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

SorataYuy posted:

Both are bad games, SM less than D, however.

:catstare:

I think Size Matters is really bad because all the weapons feel terrible and weak, which is one of the worst things you can do in a R&C game. And it's laughably short. Skyboarding is bad, as well as most of the Clank stuff. Robot girl was kinda cool though, as were the shrunk down levels.

Deadlocked is not the game for you if you don't like mission styled arena combat, but it still has an Insomniac heart that really gives it its charm. And the guns are really good. Well, okay, 7/10 are. What do you think, Juaaaanita?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Pulsing Purple
Scoop Nose
High Lift Wings

Yeah, this is how I usually pimp it. Sometimes I go split nose.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I also played 2 after 3, for whatever reason and that's why I don't think of 2 as that great, since it feels very similar to 3, but just not as good. I do like 2 a lot, but 3 just improves on it in nearly every way.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I would love to join in the multiplayer, but I only have the PS2 version.

You scrubs are lucky. :smug:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

See, kalon, all of your LPs were worth it.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

The sewer's aren't too bad, but I've gone through them more than 10 times, so maybe I have stockholm syndrome.

On the PS2 if you go through the entire place in one go, the game lags due to how many enemies it loads in, it's kind of horrible.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I'm really looking forward to that game. From what's been seen so far, it seems it'll be a retelling by Quark, who is of course going to change a million things and maybe we'll get narration fights between different characters as they try to tell their version of events. As well as letting Insomniac poke fun at certain design decisions of the first game.

R&C games were always so colourful, too and this game just looks gorgeous.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I love Ratchet in this game, he's great.

Then he's ol' misery guts in Deadlocked, but it's okay, we got better characters instead.

Also, Heave is real mad about BoI, which makes me think he plays it in secret, but keeps up the hate for e-cred.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

They were a little bit poo poo, but weapon upgrades meant you actually used the different weapons, instead of ignoring all the bad ones. Unless you didn't care about upgrading them all.

Also, each video has an All 4 One mention, but now each video has an "I'm going to LP Deadlocked" by Heave. Will that be when kalon does Arkham Asylum?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

SorataYuy posted:

That's when Kalon will be guesting just to laugh at him for the entire game. Deadlocked is not a good R&C game in any capacity.

imma kick yo rear end in multiplayer fool.

Well, as soon as I get a PS3.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

SorataYuy posted:

I never picked up the HD collection (still have a perfectly good set of PS2 discs), so uh, nope, sorry! :D

I'm the same, minus the PS3, but no real way to connect to the internet. I will agree that Deadlocked is not the best R&C game, but it's a nice change to the standard formula and it was very fun despite it's flaws.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Level 99 and you get a cool rainbow effect. It's not difficult to max them, since once you've finished Challenge Mode, you should have plenty of bolts to buy some EXP+ mods. Add them all to one weapon, grind an endgame mission and you should level everything up relatively quickly. But I also had all the weapons (aside from the Holoshield, which was at level 99 because it is so useful in Exterminator Challenge Mode) at level 50, so it didn't take too long.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Hello, I played Secret Agent Clank. It's in the same continuity as Size Matters and is under the impression that Clank is an actual spy. It's pretty bad, the stealth mechanics mean you don't upgrade your weapons as often, but since the final boss is a ranged fight, all your melee weapons are useless and pointless to upgrade. The Ratchet sections are just arena stuff and uses the weapons from Size Matters. And they still suck! Overall, eh.

Also, you don't use the balcony to get that Titanium Bolt, you go on the spiral metal thing, align yourself so you're above the other spiral, then fall off and hover onto it, it's pretty easy.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

kalonZombie posted:

My way also works. Fight me, nerd.

It's true you've taught me a new way to get to that bolt, since I've always used that one way. And I would if I had a PS3.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Ratchet and Clank is a weirdly consistently good franchise. I have high hopes and may just watch this film by myself if none of my friends are interested.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I've only used the PDA once. In Size Matters the weapons are terrible and the final boss has too much health so you run out of ammo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Time Freeze is a really cool cheat and it's something I usually have on, like the helmet removal in Deadlocked, because to have otherwise is dumb.

• Locked thread