Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

Im starting a business where I bait a lion out of your local zoo so you can shoot it.
Price $50000
ps: its like totally legal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
there is a lot of bear shooting that is p much exactly that they put you up high, throw down food and when the bears come in you just pull the trigger, rednecks take their sons and daughters out for their first bear this way

hunting is a very manly activity

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I thought we learned from the gamergate fiasco that internet mob harrasment over someone being terrible in their personal life is wrong and bad because its not your business. Why are the same websites that vilified people who did that stuff then blatantly encouraging people to do that stuff now?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Do it ironically posted:

there is a lot of bear shooting that is p much exactly that they put you up high, throw down food and when the bears come in you just pull the trigger, rednecks take their sons and daughters out for their first bear this way

hunting is a very manly activity

lions don't gently caress up your trash cans and run across the road like idiots in the middle of the night killing honda civics full of people with their idiot greasy stinky bodies tho

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

lions don't gently caress up your trash cans and run across the road like idiots in the middle of the night killing honda civics full of people with their idiot greasy stinky bodies tho

Thats only because brave men like OP are keeping the population down.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

lol the two dudes who helped him are already out on bail: http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/africa/zimbabwe-cecil-the-lion-killed/
they will never face trial

also this dude's name is "honest" so he's obviously innocent.

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.

Jonny 290 posted:

Oh, of course, the bear loving up your refuse is reason enough to bait and kill him for the amusement of your redneck kids, cause they didnt have enough sense of entitlement before.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
its pretty hosed how mad a bunch of people i know who eat meat and make off-color jokes about natural disasters that kill people and poo poo are about the terrible murder of a cat on the other side of the planet, none of which is to imply the dentist isn't a sad weirdo for needing to prove his manly powers by shooting a cat

if anybody wants to sell a tiger pelt btw pm me

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

Zombies' Downfall posted:

its pretty hosed how mad a bunch of people i know who eat meat and make off-color jokes about natural disasters that kill people and poo poo are about the terrible murder of a cat on the other side of the planet, none of which is to imply the dentist isn't a sad weirdo for needing to prove his manly powers by shooting a cat

if anybody wants to sell a tiger pelt btw pm me

I would hope that people are upset because lions are endangered, but I know that isnt true because people react the same way when a dead giraffe hits the social media circus

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
there couldnt possibly be a difference between killing an animal humanely for food, and killing one to to put a piece of its dead body in your living room, its the same thing jerry!

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I don't care about endangered species or Africa

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Three Olives posted:

My dad shot a lion, but it was not a celebrity lion. I'm not going to lie it looks pretty cool mounted in his office but it is also kind of sad so.

tacky decor AND a creepy gay son? money really can buy anything

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'm seeing news stories that this guy just got killed in Tijuana. Any confirmation or is this some weird viral goof?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Of course the lion was decapitated.
Obama's weak on ISIS

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
lions are pretty much thee symbol of patriarchal society. liberals should be celebrating this

the fact he was killed by a white man just adds to it

CRUNCH THE NUMBERS PEOPLE

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

mdemone posted:

I'm seeing news stories that this guy just got killed in Tijuana. Any confirmation or is this some weird viral goof?

Confirmed. He's dead.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Lion gets killed in Africa - hundreds protest.

Black dude gets shot in the head point blank by a cop - nothing.

Yup.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

rip murdercat. but lmao leftists are naming their pets and even babies Cecil.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
they named the lion cecil...but the cats not a weiner so i dont understnad

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I would pay good money to shoot that cross-eyed one named Clarence off Daktari but it's probably already dead by now.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

ok so this wasn't a ghost and the darkness type deal where they called in this poo poo oval office to take out a man eater? he killed a big cat called cecil lmao. the worst hunter?

also hilarious how his business is pretty much hosed because of this

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
its a good name for those babies though

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
who gives a poo poo about some dumb cat in africa

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Romes128 posted:

Lion gets killed in Africa - hundreds protest.

Black dude gets shot in the head point blank by a cop - nothing.

Yup.

The cop was arrested for murder thus less of a reason to protest hth

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
buncha crazy cat lady douche bags and jimmy kimmel literally cried about it wtf

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Ramsus posted:

buncha crazy cat lady douche bags and jimmy kimmel literally cried about it wtf

i guess ?

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Ramsus posted:

who gives a poo poo about some dumb cat in africa

a bunch of people. its kinda hosed up though. i dont remember this much outrage over the rwandan genocide. but we didnt have facebook and buzzfeed back then.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
people hunt animals all the time, but this one HAD A NAME

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Necros posted:

a bunch of people. its kinda hosed up though. i dont remember this much outrage over the rwandan genocide. but we didnt have facebook and buzzfeed back then.

man i was outraged about that. if twitter was arround back then i would have retweeted some platitudes with a vaguely relevant hash tag SO HARD

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

"everyone is so mad about this lovely thing that happened but why aren't/weren't they made about this shittier thing that happened? nobody should ever be mad about anything unless it is the worst thing that has ever happened because you shouldn't waste your time trying to change something in this world unless you are changing the worst thing in this world" - goons

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
people are so butthurt about this dead loving lion i suddenly have the desire to go get my teeth cleaned

like lmao who gives a poo poo, it's not like it was your lion you dumb fucks

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
although if it was your lion, my condolences for the loss of your really expensive walking wall trophy

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

oh look a goon with an anime avatar has difficulty understanding people who care about things what a loving shock

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Tuxedo Gin posted:

"everyone is so mad about this lovely thing that happened but why aren't/weren't they made about this shittier thing that happened? nobody should ever be mad about anything unless it is the worst thing that has ever happened because you shouldn't waste your time trying to change something in this world unless you are changing the worst thing in this world" - goons

umm obviously it is because crazy cat ladies such as yourself that anthropomorphize animals into making them worth more than human lives in a place where most won't see the ripe old age of 40 and the president ate baby elephants at his birthday party

zero outrage over real issues and then blowing up with hands across america for 1 animal is pretty hosed up imo

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
i'm sorry you care so much for this piece of meat you've never interacted with and never would have interacted with in your life

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Ramsus posted:

umm obviously it is because crazy cat ladies such as yourself that anthropomorphize animals into making them worth more than human lives in a place where most won't see the ripe old age of 40 and the president ate baby elephants at his birthday party

zero outrage over real issues and then blowing up with hands across america for 1 animal is pretty hosed up imo

yes but do you not see how that logic eventually leads to not giving a poo poo about anything because you can always find something hosed up in this world? there's obviously bigger issues but if they aren't in front of you, you aren't going to have any emotions about them. people saw the pretty lion walking around on videos and then read about his lovely gay dumb death at the hands of a rich prick. they feel an emotional connection to the animal and get upset.

blame the loving media. they're the ones who decide what garbage gets shoveled in front of the masses for them to care about.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Tuxedo Gin posted:

yes but do you not see how that logic eventually leads to not giving a poo poo about anything

no, it's a local issue for the zimbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Ramsus posted:

no, it's a local issue for the zimbs

except that it was an american who did it? outrage at poor behavior of americans around the world does a pretty good job at motivating others to be slightly less lovely. i think shooting rare and endangered animals is a pretty lovely thing to do and i have no problem with anyone who does it getting run out of town. we're going to have enough trouble with biodiversity as it is what with the environment going to poo poo. we don't need to speed along the process by turning a blind eye to poaching and whaling and poo poo.

i don't think this lion is jesus reborn or anything, but i don't see the problem with being annoyed with people who kill animals for sport. i get pissed at rhino poachers, whalers, seal clubbers, drift netters... all sorts of dump practices that are helping to speed us along towards an extinct planet. what can i say? i don't like anime, i don't play a lot of video games, but i like to look at animals and nature and poo poo. guess i'm just a big dumb human being.

• Locked thread