Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Now we ins- uh, assault the King's Palace. And cull the various populations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
The combat in this game looks pretty fun now that you have three weapons that are actually effective at dealing damage. They still manage to drag out combat for way too long with 100-man melees, but at least things are constantly changing as enemies are cycled in and out.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

Fiendly posted:

The combat in this game looks pretty fun now that you have three weapons that are actually effective at dealing damage. They still manage to drag out combat for way too long with 100-man melees, but at least things are constantly changing as enemies are cycled in and out.

I imagine it wouldn't drag on quite as long if he weren't playing on the hardest difficulty.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Let's finish this hellhole of a combat section.

One annoying thing is that I've been trying out like three different mics the past couple weeks. Haven't noticed a difference? That's the annoying thing!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Welcome to a place full of spiders and fire.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Oct 22, 2015

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Alright, nothing's broken for a change. So let's continue.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Oh, hey, you're back. Glad to hear you got your mic back in order.

Nothing is broken except for possibly the thing that broke at the end of the video. Ah, I love it.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It's been four videos, but we finally fill up the docks and can set off to new adventures.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Hrm. Maybe we should've stayed in the Forsaken City.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Tak, meet hammer.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
You're welcome.

Considering how quickly that final hammer wrecks things on the highest difficulty, I can only imagine how short the fights are from now on at the normal difficulty setting. It seems like it must essentially be game over at that point.

The final armor style doesn't look like it actually has as much, erm, armor as the other two though. Something about the less it covers, the more it protects, right...? Or Rule of Cool. Something like that.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
What are you talking about? The final armor is the only one that protects his tail, which is clearly the source of a cat's power. Because scale armor on a cat's tail looks like it would totally work.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
I'm just imagining all the fur pinching that has to be happening with that tail armour and wincing to myself. Kay's going to end up with a half-bald tail and he will have only himself to blame.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

GirlCalledBob posted:

I'm just imagining all the fur pinching that has to be happening with that tail armour and wincing to myself. Kay's going to end up with a half-bald tail and he will have only himself to blame.

Actual plate armor was backed by a coat (gambeson, arming coat, whatever) made of cloth, precisely because armor would chafe and pinch like mad (and also cause heating/cooling problems) if left in contact with bare skin. This tends to get ignored in fantasy depictions though.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I like that the ship is (basically) called the Minnow :3:. I got stuck at this games Final boss so never beat it myself.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Now into the heart of the volcano itself.

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI
I love you lovely dead thread.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

And there we go. What a final boss. Hot drat.

ANYWAY, this game is still a lot of fun, I enjoyed playing it immensely and while there are some bad points and OH MY there are some bad points, it was still a blast. It's unfortunate that this LP got saddled with nearly every problem under the sun, but I'm sure that means my next LP will go flawlessly. In any case, thanks for joining me on this adventure and I hope you enjoyed!

Now I really want to just move on and do some more Keen... ahh, soon.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Dirty Deeds Done posted:

I love you lovely dead thread.

If it makes you feel better, I'm still reading the thread.

I suppose I could watch the videos too, but meh. :effort:

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI

Xenoveritas posted:

If it makes you feel better, I'm still reading the thread.

I suppose I could watch the videos too, but meh. :effort:

wise.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Even though I wasn't commenting, I was still watching. Thanks for showing off this game. If it weren't for the awful voices and the weird accent choices, I would have enjoyed this game more than I do now.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Somehow I always managed to miss the thread while it was on the front page... I don't get it.

Regardless, I think I will pick up this game next time I can find it on the cheap. I actually saw a used copy on sale recently; I'll have to keep an eye out for another.

Regarding the final boss... I think it would've been fine, if each phase of it were maybe half the length (or less). Seemed fine in concept, but yeah. Definitely went on too long.

KeiraWalker fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Dec 3, 2015

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Hot drat, baldurk works quick, we're completely done with this LP and I haven't gotten around to posting my next one yet! Still, should only be another week or so, should be a good time. Thanks to those who watched and I hope you enjoyed. Later nerds!

http://lparchive.org/Legend-of-Kay-HD/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I do like that the inexplicably present item shop guy was actually our master all along. That was actually a bit of clever writing.

...not sure why they brought the whole bit up in the opening with the ancient dried-up wells, though. Sequel fodder? I mean, it does set up what the rats are doing in the volcano, but they seem to drop the whole business about The Way as an ancient lost legacy within the first few levels.

• Locked thread