Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Fascinating, I'd have never guessed this game would get an HD re-release. It's been on my list of games to LP even though I've never played it, it just seems like the sort of thing I'd like being a sucker for PS2-era action/adventures. I look forward to seeing if my instincts were correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Suspicious Dish posted:

Darn it, I actually bought the original PS2 game (along with Legend of Kya) and was planning on LPing it some point. I had no idea they made an HD remaster. Is it as terrible-but-not-actually-that-terrible PS2 platformer / Zelda clone as it looks?

Ha, I had the anagram double feature idea as well. Apparently this game only appeals to LPers. I can see why, the ridiculously horrible writing and acting combined with such a slow introduction would kill the momentum for anyone looking for a "good" game, but it offers a lot to talk about and I find it very charming so far. Looks like this is going to be a fun thread.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
It looked like the game was basing their intelligent species off of the Chinese zodiac (with cats standing in for tigers), but then bears showed up.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
The combat in this game looks pretty fun now that you have three weapons that are actually effective at dealing damage. They still manage to drag out combat for way too long with 100-man melees, but at least things are constantly changing as enemies are cycled in and out.

• Locked thread