Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
I love that Drago's character can be boiled down to "a literal motherfucking dragon from the netherworld."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Jonny Nox posted:

because of course Vampiro is an actual vampire. This is Lucha Undergound

Exactly. This is a company containing Mexican voodoo zombies, a walking steroid golem, a Bengal tiger, a firebird who is the walking incarnation of the force of life, a literal motherfucking dragon, and also some chump who likes moths. In the basement, the guy who owns the company keeps an Asian chick locked up across from his brother, who literally chewed a dude's face off.

With all of that, why the gently caress wouldn't Vampiro be an actual vampire?

Besides, this is also broadcast on El Rey. They might just turn it into a crossover with From Dusk Til Dawn if LU season 2 ever gets made.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

Speaking of spoilers, there's a Rolling Stone article floating around today about Ultima Lucha that I guess has some minor spoilers about Pentagon/Vampiro. I haven't read it because someone warned me. But interesting thing in the article that was quoted to me - apparently the graffiti on the Temple walls has hidden messages in it hinting at story arcs that they plan to do in later seasons.

:mad: Now I gotta watch all of LU again.

Also:

:neckbeard: Now I gotta watch all of LU again!

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Take advantage of Sling.com's free week's trial and use that to watch Ultima Lucha.

Goddamn, what a loving show.

Season 2 NEEDS to happen.

Again, the crazy gimmicks.

Drago? Literally a motherfucking dragon.
Vampiro? Literally a motherfucking vampire.
Aero Star? Literally from motherfucking outer space.
Mil Muertes & The Disciples of Death? Literally motherfucking Mexican voodoo zombies.

Marty the Moth? Literally out of his motherfucking mind. :stare:

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

HogX posted:

What did Vampiro say at the end to Pentagon? I couldn't understand it.

"A dark place."

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Phenix Rising posted:

Do we know who that was following Fenix in the truck in the teaser? Was hard to make out his face under the cowboy hat.

King Cuerno.

Cuerno's been spotted wearing that same cowboy hat in backstage segments.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

Just melt down some of that Aztec gold they have.

Go ahead and ask Team Death for their gold and see how well that works.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

RZApublican posted:

I dream of the day that Lucha Underground shows a Konnan vs. Vampiro match :allears:

If there's any promotion that could make a Konnan/Vampiro match work now, it's Lucha Underground. :allears:

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

We have displeased the gods, there must be a sacrifice to Mantanza

Where's that crazy mariachi guy? We can afford to sacrifice him to appease the gods.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

For a while I thought they were doing a literal "Mil Muertes can become three skeletons" thing which would've been amazing, but then we saw them all together.

I like to think it's both. Mil Muertes is Death Incarnate, but he can also split off "Little Deaths" that carry a fraction of his power.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

CobiWann posted:

Now I'm thinking of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_petite_mort and I can't get that image out of my loving head.

Hey, what Mil and Catrina get up to in the privacy of the depths of the Temple is their own business. I ain't gonna judge.

EDIT: I also didn't say HOW Mil splits off those Little Deaths.

Jay 2K Winger fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Sep 9, 2015

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

This is proof there is a god.

Or rather, a pantheon of them.

We pleased them with the sacrifice of TNA.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

Yeah, but what about The Underworld and Beyond the Stars. At least Aerostar can provide his own transportation

Drago is literally a motherfucking dragon. He can fly himself in. The budget for his transpo goes instead to paying him in live cattle for him to slaughter and eat.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Akileese posted:

Big Ryck is the absolute best. I thought Ezekiel Jackson sucked but I love Big Ryck.

Big Ryck may not have won a whole lot, but motherfucker always made sure he got paid.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Retromancer posted:

I honestly wonder what they'll do with Puma now that he's not the eternal champion who is the coolest and the best, Prince Puma.

Probably get around to finally turning Konnan heel.

Personally, I kinda hope they don't turn Konnan heel, but only because I don't want to vindicate Evil Pope Vampiro's incessant need to run him down at every opportunity.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Rhonne posted:

Did Big Ryck's eye ever heal?

Nah, he had the eye patch on during Ultima Lucha.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

I dunno, I get the feeling that Misterio's gonna be Puma's new mentor in the early part of the season, and Puma gradually starts winning matches without someone interfering on his behalf. Then Konnan escapes from hell (or wherever Team Death dragged him off to), and gets pissed off that Puma's listening to someone other than him.

Then you have poor Puma having an angel on one side and a devil on the other, not sure who to listen to.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

They do have events they can build to though - Aztec Warfare, Grave Consequences, Ultima Lucha, and the Trios tournament can be their annual big four.

Any word yet on who isn't? Has anyone notable mentioned moving on?

If I had to guess, Hernandez may be in some trouble with them. When Season 2 hadn't been confirmed, he went off to TNA looking for a payday, they filmed weeks worth of matches and material with him, and then they found out they couldn't use any of it, 'cuz he was still under contract to LU.

I dunno if that pissed off LU or what, but I could see that being something they'd decide not to bring him back over.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Howling Man posted:

Big Ryck was terrible.

But he made sure he got paid for being terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Gavok posted:

It's like a goddamn Tekken intro and I love it.

Well, they did say that LU was in part inspired by Mortal Kombat, so why not deepen the video game inspirations?

• Locked thread