Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

LU is what wrestling should be. Which of course means it's going to be canceled.
It's depressing as gently caress to think that TNA can lurch on for years while LU might only get one season.

Anyway, hyped for this. Have to love that even the first third alone of what's essentially a PPV-level event is, by itself, must-watch, and not just the parade of the jobbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is better than most of the action or horror movies I saw last year. I'm constantly amazed at how much money they're willing to throw at this, and how few people actually watch the product compared to poo poo-garbage like TNA.
Not to mention that this is Vampiro. This one video puts him across better than he ever was in his prime, really.

Revenant Threshold fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Aug 5, 2015

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Holy poo poo those ending teases.

If TNA is still around past September and LU isn't, a horrible crime against wrestling and good times will have been committed. Hell, Kickstart it. I'd chip in.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Wrestling is worthwhile.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
I really hope it's sticking on Wednesdays. Actually-Good-Wrestling-Wednesdays became something to look forward to.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Discount Trombones posted:

I can't wait for other WWE firees to suddenly be awesome in this promotion. Like, los matadores show up and become the greatest gimmick and tag team ever.
I wonder how much of this can be put down to LU being loving great at booking with a wrestler's strengths and weaknesses in mind, and how much is down to WWE having something like four gimmicks total that they try to mash everyone into fitting.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

I'm really hoping they use the balcony dives sparingly in season 2. Not only does the spot give diminishing returns the more they do it, but it would be really easy for something to go wrong, especially on the outside.
Even if they're still in LA, they might not use the same setup. There's plenty of options for new ridiculous kill-a-wrestler spots.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

I know January has been tossed around by a few unofficial sources but that's the first time I've seen someone at the production level put it in writing!
Does that mean when they start taping, though, or start airing? I would've figured taping, but I don't know what the normal delay from tape to air was last season.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
I wouldn't want the guy written out, but written up would be nice. Dropping him down for some character-building feud would be a good choice while they've got others fighting over the title. I'd guess at an unmasking even except they've built him up as Puma so much at this point.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Puma as a wrestler is fine, excellent, in fact. Puma as a character, eh. He's not bad or anything, but "really, really good wrestler with flips" is basically all there is to his character.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Animal-Mother posted:

What? He's the hometown hero. Poor kid from Boyle Heights whose life would've been rudderless without being initiated by mysterious Lucha men.
That's the booking, though. They could've stuck anyone under that mask and with that backstory. Well, not anyone, but you get the idea. And in order to get him heat beyond people wanting to watch a great wrestleman, it's everyone around him that's doing that for the guy. That isn't a bad thing, it's good booking, especially since LU is in a weird place with its style so it would have been difficult to say what kinds of characters would get over, but now they have a better handle on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Really curious how they're going to use Rey character-wise.

• Locked thread