Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Jay 2K Winger posted:

I love that Drago's character can be boiled down to "a literal motherfucking dragon from the netherworld."

I'm curious if that also means that Bengala is a literal tiger they're just letting wrestle.

If I was Striker, I'd make a Tawky Tawny reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
You guys, a Vampire Pope and a Karate Skeleton beat each other up, an Aztec Grim Reaper won the world title and then a Dragon and a Spaceship had a chat. I love wrestling.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Michael Schiavello was such an interesting addition to the show. He added a cool sports analyst dimension to the commentary that I just haven't heard in wrestling before.

Are there any other commentators who do stuff like that?

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Erebus posted:

I don't think it really worked. It sounded like two play-by-play guys trying to cover the same match, with one sounding way too professional for Lucha Underground. Schiavello sounded like the canned commentary in a video game that Striker was trying to talk around.

I think that's exactly what I liked about it, though. Play-by-play without a color guy is a very rare thing to see, especially in 'rasslin, and while I get why the formula works, I like when people try to break it.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

ZenVulgarity posted:

None of the wrestlers will benefit health wise for having an off season right? Since they'll be going out and doing other things (most were anyway).

They'll benefit by being able to turn down dates they can't physically manage and not have a 70 year old maniac calling them five days after a broken rib to do a house show circuit in Dubai or wherever where they do nothing but job for a week in 3 minute matches and then not even get booked on the remainder of the dates.

Whether they actually use that ability is doubtable though seeing as all wrestlers are crazy.

• Locked thread