Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i watch the matches on mute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..

Illinois Smith posted:

Season 2 wishlist:

ACH
Team Tremendous
Gran Apache
ACH
More minis
El Niņo Hamburguesa
ACH

They should really bring in Faby Apache so they have a woman who can actually work. Put a mask on her if they're so determined to have a masked woman babyface, just no more Sexy Star please.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

oatgan posted:

bring in ludark so she can hit people with light tubes and walk around in them barefoot

So long as it doesn't interfere with her uploading random CaraLucha fancams to YouTube I'm OK with this

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
It probably speaks to the Hollywood background of the top brass that they thought they could just fill the role of masked, silent babyface with a guy who has no experience playing that role.

I know there was talk about Flamita coming in and he would make a lot more sense as the top babyface. I imagine that hasn't happened though since while I'm trying to avoid spoilers I'm sure I would've heard about it anyway.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I don't think there's any doubt WWE would want him even if just to headline in NXT, the question is if they want him badly enough to pay better than those supposedly pretty drat lucrative LU contracts. Given the lengths WWE has shown they're prepared to go to to gently caress over ROH, I wouldn't be surprised if they make him a nice offer just to keep him away from the other non-TNA promotion with TV.

Burt Buckle posted:

Puma played the silent guy with a veteran mouthpiece perfectly.

I thought he was dry and clearly uncomfortable in the role. He did have some very good matches though.

The whole thing with him being mute is obviously to not give away that he isn't Mexican, which makes you wonder why they didn't just put a drat Mexican in the role since they were always going to live or die by their ability to get picked up by Spanish language TV. It kinda smacks of classic Hollywood racism to make the central character in your lucha libre themed TV show a guy called Trevor from Kentucky.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 28, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
lol gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Mob posted:

Then I guess they shouldn't have treated him like a geek off the streets at the Performance Center

Eh if they'd signed him back then he would've ended up on the main roster soon enough anyway since the purpose of NXT was still actually to be developmental back then. I'm sure they only see him as having value to headline in NXT.

• Locked thread