Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
hey StarkRavingMad is this you?

Benne posted:

Jack Evans had like 3 matches this season but he's been so awesome I'm dying to see his older stuff.
watch some 2005 ROH to see him get murdered by Daniel Bryan and the non-washed up version of Samoa Joe. He was in a sweet rudo group with Roderick Strong, Austin Aries and Alex Shelley at the time.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jul 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I love this loving company so, so much.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Perfect ending to the season with a ton of interesting pairings set up for the next one. The ending montage had me grinning like an idiot throughout. I love this company so much.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Grozz Nuy posted:

I dunno what LU costs in relation to the other stuff they produce and how much more it would be than the offer they already have from El Rey though.
Cubs posted a pretty good summary of their financial situation and the possibilities of a season 2 yesterday.

http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2015/08/06/attempting-to-answer-your-lucha-underground-season-2-status-questions/

Still hoping for them to bridge the funding gap by working out a deal with one of the bigger Mexican networks.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

quote:

Is there anything that you wanted to do in Lucha Underground but weren't able to?

Well we killed a guy, so not really.
The. Best. Company.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I need to see Santa Claus vs. The Taliban Time Travellers from Outer Space now.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Aug 23, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Grozz Nuy posted:

There's also a completely bananas Pentagon Jr. and Drago/Aerostar and Fenix tag match on the second night, which is also just a loving fantastic show from top to bottom.
I know you're super hyped for this but posts like these are why I can never, ever loving avoid BOLA spoilers. Everyone's just so hyped to tell others about all the crazy matches past the first round.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Grozz Nuy posted:

That's not a tournament match.
hmm yes what on earth could be the reason for four guys who were in the first round of a tournament to fight in a tag match on the second night, could it be that they're out of the tournament i dunno

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Whoops, sorry then.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

If you're gonna hire someone who's good in PWG just bring in Excalibur, have him take over pbp and let Striker concentrate on cramming in as many dumb references as possible. The rotating PWG crew of guest announcers is fun but I'm not sure how much of that would carry over without the ability to poo poo on your co-workers in the ring. Hero definitely knows his stuff though.

I still don't see why they can't just have Vamp sitting next to Striker in his full vampire pope outfit.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Season 2 wishlist:

ACH
Team Tremendous
Gran Apache
ACH
More minis
El Niņo Hamburguesa
ACH

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Spermgod posted:

They should really bring in Faby Apache so they have a woman who can actually work. Put a mask on her if they're so determined to have a masked woman babyface, just no more Sexy Star please.
Oh yeah, I forgot about Faby.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Los Hell Brothers seems like a thematically consistent choice if they're bringing in AAA guys.
Can we just have Averno?

Also I have no idea about current US indie women who could play Marty's sister. Is MsChif still around?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Really psyched for Pentagon singles matches against pretty much any of the upper card guys. The only one he's faced so far was Fenix really early on. I'd be totally down for a brother vs brother feud (if they decide to go that way) but him against Cage, Mundo Puma, Mil, Alberto or Cuerno are all fresh, as well as putting him up against Aero Star, Drago or nay other AAA faces they'd want to bring in. They did a fantastic job of establishing him last season, can't wait to see what they do next.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

They do have events they can build to though - Aztec Warfare, Grave Consequences, Ultima Lucha, and the Trios tournament can be their annual big four.
Ultima Lucha is obviously gonna stay as the big punctuation mark at the end of seasons and a trios tournament is always great to shake things up, even if it's just for #1 contendership status. I really don't want them to write themselves into a situation where it's "oh poo poo, gotta build to a big casket match between two people because that's a thing we do every year now" though. One of my favorite things about season 1 was how all the big gimmick matches felt like natural progressions of the feuds they were part of, locking themselves into a rigid WWE cycle would be dumb imo.

oatgan posted:

the observer says LU is trying to get Rey Horus, Flamita, and Mike Bailey for the next season all of which is really excellent news.
All of these would own.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

oatgan posted:

First off the Bucks are great heels.
Seriously, they've been King Shits Of gently caress Mountain in PWG for like a decade.

Also there's nothing wrong with rudos getting cheers. In Mexico a lot of them have their own fan section, like home / away fans in sports.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Thauros posted:

Bucks and Jack Evans would be an even better flippy gringo douchebag trio imo. I can't think of a possible better Third Buck anywhere
I've wanted this to happen for so long now. The third brother they had for like three shows a few years ago was extremely weaksauce. Jack would be perfect, especially now that he's started cutting heel promos before his matches.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Except Ralph Macchio sucked balls at karate

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

They're flippy rudos, what's so complex about that?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

gently caress yeah, Melissa's a great addition.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Have the Wikipedia idiots already spoiled next season?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

oatgan posted:

also it says a lot about AAA's creative processes that they have all the talent and are doing nothing with it
Like, half their roster left for CMLL in the last few weeks and they had to cancel their December PPV. They're in full meltdown mode. If the LU guys stay and the company doesn't go under they're gonna be the top guys by default.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Nov 30, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Burt Buckle posted:

I love the way El Rey showcases Lucha Underground. It's like what TNA fans think Spike Destination America Pop will do.
Well, it helps being on a tiny network that only has two other shows that are original programming and is desperate as gently caress to fill airtime with anything it can get its hands on.

POP isn't huge either but even they are currently running 10 original shows.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Dec 10, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Taking the matches off Youtube is a pretty big pointer that they've worked out some sort of streaming deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

SIX MORE WEEKS HOLY poo poo

• Locked thread