Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your Myers Briggs Type?
ENFJ
ENFP
ENTJ
ENTP
ESFJ
ESFP
ESTJ
ESTP
INFJ
INFP
INTJ
INTP
ISFJ
ISFP
ISTJ
ISTP
View Results

• Locked thread
Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.
I've been an INFP for years and "Nobody really knows what they're talking about. But they're certainly talking. Not really hatable so much as pitiable. Like a babbling old woman at an inconsequential town hall meeting, to whom no one is listening." is the most accurate description of my personality I have ever read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

Thin Privilege posted:

For real though I've taken that test dozens of times and the result is always different based on my mood and the circumstances. I've gotten ESFP--the complete opposite--when I was in a good mood and on a ton of caffeine.

This is, I think, this kind of test's fatal flaw: most people cannot evaluate themselves objectively. There are checks in place to help counteract that (like asking the same question in multiple ways) but the cheaper the test the less likely that these checks are in place in a significant way. That's also why it takes a few guesses when trying to diagnose a serious mental illness, because often the person experiencing the illness doesn't know that there is something wrong and/or they don't know how to describe what they are experiencing because they were never taught that kind of vocabulary since mental health is still taboo.

• Locked thread