Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Stink fag posted:

I'm going to upgrade tomorrow.

Upgrade to a drat clue, rear end in a top hat.

This flame brought to you by the Quake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i got this

turned all the creepy sounding stuff off. it only took like 5 minutes and i found it all myself instead of googling it, so I think those tech review guys r merely QQ + mad. im sure the company is still getting something out of it , thats fair enough.

neway, its pretty good. it looks nice. thats realy about the size of it. i only use computer for internet and saving photos i take on my phone and stuff.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

other than the fact my task bar looks different and i have a new default background i cant tell the difference

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Win10do

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

This really puts the "Win" in Windows

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I installed Windows 10 and it looks nice but I think my old Windows 8 settings were originally overwritten and are now being replaced with the old ones again and it's kind of tripping me out watching my video resolution and background picture swap about 10 times in 10 minutes.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

So far for me just weird resolution stuff like if I change the resolution of street fighter it shuts off my GPU, or if I try to open KOF in full screen it gets all wacky looking.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I forgot to install my video drivers before playing because I forgot in the glorious year 2015 generic video drivers can run at something besides 800x600 and it tricked me. I was like, oh, full resolution? Cool must have automagically updated my drivers too. Nope it loving didn't.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I had to roll back because my system was instantly shutting down if hyperthreading used all 8 cores for anything.

Gonna figure out why that was and reup though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

I had to roll back because my system was instantly shutting down if hyperthreading used all 8 cores for anything.

This sounds like a line from a 90s cyberpunk movie

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

In Training posted:

This sounds like a line from a 90s cyberpunk movie

it's future, today

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

So far for me just weird resolution stuff like if I change the resolution of street fighter it shuts off my GPU, or if I try to open KOF in full screen it gets all wacky looking.

Did you remeber to download windows 10 graphics driver and completely delete all the old driver files? Also now windows is set to install drivers automatically so if you restart while uninstalling it puts the drivers back on startup

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

Did you remeber to download windows 10 graphics driver and completely delete all the old driver files? Also now windows is set to install drivers automatically so if you restart while uninstalling it puts the drivers back on startup

I don't know. I just installed the latest drivers first thing when Windows was done installing.

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014
My Windows 10 experience has been excellent so far.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Stink fag posted:

My Windows 10 experience has been excellent so far.

I'm glad you got it all sorted out.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
My favorite feature is it trying to stop me from playing dogshit indie games I download from itch.io

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

drat, wish it would stop you from posting.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
winten is an imp zone plot to improve posting quality but im not falling for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Windows 10 makes every game look and sound like the finest films from the Golden Age of Cinema.

• Locked thread