Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
lol'ing at the labeled plugs because how else could you tell what plug belongs to what appliance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Inside Out Mom posted:

This is the best game.

This isn't a loving game

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
ew this thread is actually really funny what the gently caress

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
dog poo poo on the floor
got some cassettes, need some more
we can have all we want without regret
hold tight while i stuff this egret

wait gently caress which thread am i in

simple
Apr 11, 2007

I like how someone decided to paint the ceiling but instead of moving the junk to finish the job, they just stopped painting.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Where are the pics of that goon's house that was so filthy his kids got taken away?

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

A chimp, so hip! Some hamburger buns;
Cat litter? No better, the odor still stuns.

The GermX is useless, and what's with that owl head?
"Yahtzee!" you yell, finding tampons instead.

e: mspaint version :effort:

Tipps fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jul 29, 2015

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Tipps posted:

A chimp, so hip! Some hamburger buns;
Cat litter? No better, the odor still stuns.

The GermX is useless, and what's with that owl head?
"Yahtzee!" you yell, finding tampons instead.

This is v good

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

I'm the 1989 calendar from a Mexican Tortilleria

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I'm not nearly as creative but I gave it some effort.

Black Numenorean
Nov 23, 2008
This thread is a national treasure.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
Brilliant thread.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

This one is for our friends across the pond

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Sestze posted:

Brilliant thread.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

social vegan posted:

I'm the wall of alcohol that is the only place you can walk freely

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
These are fun to make. The hard part is just getting a good GIS result for "hoarder" that has a good mix of items other than just floor-to-ceiling pizza boxes or whatever.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
this thread owns btw

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Otacon posted:

i used to work at a place that would fix computers at peoples houses and one time i got assigned to this hoarders house and it was really bad and scary and his computer room used to be a guest room but he turned it into his EBAY room and there were stacks and stacks and stacks of unopened model car and plane and train boxes on his bed and when i went to try to change out something in the USB port there were two GIANT JUGS of what i can only assume to be fetid urine

i hate hoarders

And yet, if only for a brief time, he was your master.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

simple posted:

I like how someone decided to paint the ceiling but instead of moving the junk to finish the job, they just stopped painting.

Also, they only did one lovely coat and gently caress people who paint over hard wood.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

social vegan posted:

I'm the big frank chillin in the back.

This is a really good thread and all the submissions are great.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
There's got to be a demarcation between people who just stuff their houses with old junk and the literal garbage filled rooms, it's not the same mental disorder.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

social vegan posted:

Hat and twat do not rhyme :colbert:

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Cyril Sneer posted:

Hat and twat do not rhyme :colbert:

try harder :ssh:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

notZaar posted:

There's got to be a demarcation between people who just stuff their houses with old junk and the literal garbage filled rooms, it's not the same mental disorder.

I feel a little bit more sympathy towards people that just have a lot of stuff vs. those who live in a loving indoor landfill. As hard as it might be for the person to let go of their stuff, at least the person with a lot of stuff only puts those who try to help them in the position of having a yard sale to clean up the mess. Whatever doesn't sell, put up for free on CL and you'll have it all gone in no time.

Way worse to have to have a loving hazmat team come into the house to deal with the mess.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

notZaar posted:

nah in both cases the person is just lonely as gently caress. garbage rooms represent a person that no one ever visits, and junk rooms represent a person who has gained an unhealthy attachment to some kind of object to substitute for human attachment (or someone that gets their only social interaction from garage sales and flea markets)

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
That's not true, I have never had a normal successful relationship and my house isn't crammed full of garbage.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Furthermore my parents live in a hoarder house and they are married to each other and also beloved about the community.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Rutibex posted:

nah in both cases the person is just lonely as gently caress. garbage rooms represent a person that no one ever visits, and junk rooms represent a person who has gained an unhealthy attachment to some kind of object to substitute for human attachment (or someone that gets their only social interaction from garage sales and flea markets)

It's so loving weird when someone on Hoarders doesn't want to throw away a loving McDonald's wrapper because they think they have some kind of emotional attachment to it.

Like I said, I understand large collections of stuff a lot more. My step dad was a hoarder but it was mostly stuff that actually had use and value. Before he passed away from cancer, he told my mom to sell off anything of his that she wanted to after he died. He knew she wouldn't use any of it and it would just take up space. Yeah, it's been a bit of a burden dealing with it all but my mom at least has made some decent money which has been nice since she's pretty much retired now.

I can't imagine what dealing with a literal pile of garbage after his death would have been like for her.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

notZaar posted:

That's not true, I have never had a normal successful relationship and my house isn't crammed full of garbage.

you horde gbs posts, the disorder manifests itself in different ways

Applewhite posted:

Furthermore my parents live in a hoarder house and they are married to each other and also beloved about the community.
are they both hoarders, or is it just one of them doing it?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Over the past couple of months I've been going through boxes of things from my youth that I "couldn't get rid of"
It was mostly old kinder toys, cracker toys and various poo poo of zero value (a carrier bag full of those fuzzy things with googly eyes and little feet)

These kind of threads are great as a warning of what not to become.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
filling your house with garbage is a great way to make your sad pathetic life more understandable. no one visits because of the smell and garbage everywhere, and you could fix that then people would like you and visit. it is empowering to know that you have the power to fix your own problems

but of course they don't clean up, because they know deep down that no one wanted to visit them in the first place, but trying to understand why is painful or too complex, better to simply surround yourself with filth, that way you know the reason

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Rutibex posted:

are they both hoarders, or is it just one of them doing it?

Just my dad p. much.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Rutibex posted:

No I'm freely sharing them with my peers

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I literally don't own a single thing that I couldn't replace, owned shitlord hoarders

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Applewhite posted:

Just my dad p. much.

weird, usually with the hoarder couples you see both of them are hoarding and they enable each other. when it's only one person hoarding, their relationship is usually strained by it

:shrug: good for your parents

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Rutibex posted:

weird, usually with the hoarder couples you see both of them are hoarding and they enable each other. when it's only one person hoarding, their relationship is usually strained by it

:shrug: good for your parents

Well they both used to be hoarders but eventually the house got so bad my mom quit hoarding cold turkey.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
If you told me these were thrift/antique stores in Austin, I would believe you

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf

freelop posted:

(a carrier bag full of those fuzzy things with googly eyes and little feet)

I wish I could see a picture of this with their little googly heads and antennae all positioned to be looking up at the photographer.

took some googly-eyed googlin', but found out those lil things are called Weepuls.

xov fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jul 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeepBoopBatman
Apr 21, 2008

How has no one noticed the hoard of turds in this guy's probable diaper.

• Locked thread