Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

mikeycp posted:

We might do the first part. But we prooooooobably wouldn't do the second.

Yeah, sorry. Wasn't being serious there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Senerio posted:

Yeah, sorry. Wasn't being serious there.

I figured as much, but better safe than sorry!

We should know by a week or two after it comes out how much time Yakuza 2 is going to take up, and if I like it enough to want to record all of it.

Absolutely no promises, though.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR

Congratulations!

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
There are still 2 updates to go yet, so you know. Basically trying to round up some of the guys left on the map.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I tried to stop it. We could've ended with a nice neat 45. It would've been the single good thing to come of this.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
We said we would try and get close to 100 prosperity! May as well try to uphold that statement. Some of them were easy to get back to the city, and we at least showed off an extra two that we did not get on top of that.

Really though, recruiting most of the Digimon in this game is not worth it. The sense of reward you get for it doesn't feel the same as the original game, where most of the Digimon you recruited actually did something other than stand in the middle of the city or work in the warehouse. I should really write up the review I said I would do for this game having played it through now, I kind of have a lot to say about it. The summary of it would be 'pale imitation' however. It feels like a knock off of their own product.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
The problem with Re:Digitize is that all it really did was expand the list of obtainable Digimon and even then not by much since Decode actually had a larger list of obtainable Digimon than the base version.

And while I prefer the game's approach to DNA Digivolution compared to how it is depicted in other Digimon media, even that was underused since you only had Omnimon and Chaosmon to choose from in the base game and the latter was taken out of Decode in favor of Paildramon.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jan 27, 2016

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I think the main problem has is that it's iterating off of a base game composed of trash garbage.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
New episode? New episodes.

Episode 46 - Roundup Pt. 1

Episode 47 - Roundup Pt. 2

Later on in the day we will also be getting a couple more videos, but they will be episodes 1, 2 and 3 in a redone fashion because wow they are rough.

e; classic AP, I forgot to edit out like 2-3 mins of nothing in Pt 1. 4 mins is where the game resumes. I totally forgot I took a break to do something or other (probably fetch a drink?)

Another Person fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 29, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I just realised that this game is not actually good.

The story is bland, the training is a grind, the conditions for evolving are arbitrary, recruiting digimon doesn't do anything and the fights are one step above watching a random number generator.
The music was kinda pleasant sometimes.

Thanks for sticking through everything Mikey and AP

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
You are right! This game... is not good.

The original was good because it feels like there are things happening. It was original, it was fresh, and actions had rewards or consequences that felt like they mattered. It was not a 10/10, but it had heart. This didn't have that.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
Well, thanks for playing this so I didn't have to.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Air is lava! posted:

I just realised that this game is not actually good.

The story is bland, the training is a grind, the conditions for evolving are arbitrary, recruiting digimon doesn't do anything and the fights are one step above watching a random number generator.
The music was kinda pleasant sometimes.

Thanks for sticking through everything Mikey and AP

Those things also describe the original but this was somehow intangibly worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Well, these are not new episodes, these are old episodes. But they sound better and I wanted to get them into the thread before I archive it all.

Episode 1 Remastered - Black Smoke
Episode 2 Remastered - Bus Nerd
Episode 3 Remastered - The Rematch

• Locked thread