Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Hell I believe him. They're going to be beating Mercedes for the rest of the season.

You can drop the sarcasm now. Both cars finished in the points on a very slow circuit, and neither managed to break down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I always believed in McLaren

Nano gonna win the WDC next year for sure

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Honda was apparently caught off guard by the fact that it apparently was not 1985 anymore and the Turbo Engine technology had changed.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

El Hefe posted:

btw did keevo close the other thread to preserve the sanctity of such a great thread? lol

he did & i'm glad as it couldn't have gotten any better after that queen argument

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Human Grand Prix posted:

Honda was apparently caught off guard by the fact that it apparently was not 1985 anymore and the Turbo Engine technology had changed.

honda made a good engine until 1993 happy to help op

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Human Grand Prix posted:

You can drop the sarcasm now. Both cars finished in the points on a very slow circuit, and neither managed to break down.

Alonso beat both Mercedes, that's a helluva accomplishment and quite frankly I find it insulting that you think I was being sarcastic.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

poo poo Farm posted:

honda made a good engine until 1993 happy to help op

*92, unless you count Mugen as Honda. Thank you.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I forgot about HRT.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

Human Grand Prix posted:

I forgot about HRT.

If only we were all so lucky.

Doc Holliday
Dec 24, 2002

Human Grand Prix posted:

Isn't the real problem that Honda was given a spec and size requirement for the engine which they designed the entire system around, only to have McLaren inform them late on that the body would be smaller due to improved aero? (Because having a full power engine would be pointless if they lost 0.5 a second a lap to poor aero, right?)

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

aequalis posted:

If only we were all so lucky.

I was honestly trying to work out whether... manor?.. I think that's their name now.. I was trying to work out whether they were HRT or whether they were Marussia.. or Virgin.. whatever the hell they called themselves at the beginning.

Then I remembered I couldn't actually give a gently caress about back marker scrubs and went back to the far more interesting activity of poking myself in the eyeballs with a fork.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Doc Holliday posted:

Isn't the real problem that Honda was given a spec and size requirement for the engine which they designed the entire system around, only to have McLaren inform them late on that the body would be smaller due to improved aero? (Because having a full power engine would be pointless if they lost 0.5 a second a lap to poor aero, right?)

No the real problem is that Honda was simply unprepared and perhaps underfunded.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Watching Donington 93, wet race, Senna started 5th and by the end of the first lap he was already 1st and by the second lap he already had like 5 seconds over Prost lol

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Alain Comprost

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
On the note of Donington -

Formula E Pre-season testing starts on Monday at Donington, with the new none all the same cars. Tickets are FREE (Only £5 if you want a pitwalk) so if you live near Donington and have time spare on a Monday or a Tuesday over the next 3 weeks might be worth a look -

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/fiaformulae-london/

List of teams that have finally entered -

ABT Schaeffler Audi Sport (DEU)
Andretti Formula E Team (USA)
Dragon Racing (USA)
DS Virgin Racing Formula E Team (GBR)
Mahindra Racing Formula E Team (IND)
NEXTEV TCR Formula E Team (CHN)
Renault e.Dams (FRA)
Team Aguri (JPN)
Trulli Formula E Team (CHE)
Venturi Formula E Team (MCO)

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

El Hefe posted:

Watching Donington 93, wet race, Senna started 5th and by the end of the first lap he was already 1st and by the second lap he already had like 5 seconds over Prost lol

Prost was 63 years old at the time, so not that impressive IMO

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Hefe how have you not watched that race up until now it's like the most famous race in f1 history

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Alain Post posted:

Hefe how have you not watched that race up until now it's like the most famous race in f1 history

Imola 1994

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

I like to bring it up when people say ABS and Traction Control don't do anything.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Alain Post posted:

We only got a dedicated F1 channel this year in this poo poo continent and I don't like downloading stuff like this so

I had it recorded since May though lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's just kinda like if someone went up to a football thread and went "woah anyone ever seen the Maradona goal against England" or something lol

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I have like 20 classic races on my dvr left to be watched!!!

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Jerez 1986.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

yeah I already watched that one I posted about it a few weeks ago it was good

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

ukle posted:

On the note of Donington -

Formula E Pre-season testing starts on Monday at Donington, with the new none all the same cars. Tickets are FREE (Only £5 if you want a pitwalk) so if you live near Donington and have time spare on a Monday or a Tuesday over the next 3 weeks might be worth a look -

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/fiaformulae-london/

List of teams that have finally entered -

ABT Schaeffler Audi Sport (DEU)
Andretti Formula E Team (USA)
Dragon Racing (USA)
DS Virgin Racing Formula E Team (GBR)
Mahindra Racing Formula E Team (IND)
NEXTEV TCR Formula E Team (CHN)
Renault e.Dams (FRA)
Team Aguri (JPN)
Trulli Formula E Team (CHE)
Venturi Formula E Team (MCO)

This is news worth noting!!! gently caress YEAH

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

enri posted:

I was honestly trying to work out whether... manor?.. I think that's their name now.. I was trying to work out whether they were HRT or whether they were Marussia.. or Virgin.. whatever the hell they called themselves at the beginning.

Then I remembered I couldn't actually give a gently caress about back marker scrubs and went back to the far more interesting activity of poking myself in the eyeballs with a fork.

There's only 10 teams. Seriously. Just 10 loving teams to remember. I don't get this attitude at all. How terrible is your ADHD? I mean, if this was MotoGP or something where beyond the manufacturer teams you have all these random independant teams then sure. But, no, it's 10 teams in an extremely heavily publicized sport. Are you senile? Alzheimer's? Michael Schumacher? Come on, man.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You are mad.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
formula e is trash & shouldn't be acknowledged

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Wirth1000 posted:

There's only 10 teams. Seriously. Just 10 loving teams to remember. I don't get this attitude at all. How terrible is your ADHD? I mean, if this was MotoGP or something where beyond the manufacturer teams you have all these random independant teams then sure. But, no, it's 10 teams in an extremely heavily publicized sport. Are you senile? Alzheimer's? Michael Schumacher? Come on, man.

You are a terrible poster

*edit*

poo poo Farm posted:

And your worse

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to watch because I like Aguri.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

You are a terrible poster

aren't you the guy obsessed with claire williams despite being like 40?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Middle-Aged Adventure Time man Vs. Klurf Dude.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Human Grand Prix posted:

I'm going to watch because I like Aguri.

is takuma sato coming back? does anybody remember when he overtook alonso?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

poo poo Farm posted:

aren't you the guy obsessed with claire williams despite being like 40?

she's 39, so it's not that odd???

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Human Grand Prix posted:

Middle-Aged Adventure Time man Vs. Klurf Dude.

epic fight

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
lol wait are the Klurfs the things that Shmorky came up with? ahahaha

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

I think you'll find this bit explains it all:

quote:

Simple answer: I'm not emotionally invested in the teams that are there to make up the numbers, they seem to change ownership every other week and I'm not interested enough to give a gently caress.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
It's not even about giving a gently caress. I don't give a gently caress about them.

But I at least don't pretend to act like I don't know the name of them.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

poo poo Farm posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

It's not even about giving a gently caress. I don't give a gently caress about them.

But I at least don't pretend to act like I don't know the name of them.

Jesus christ, can't you just shut the gently caress up?

Yes, I was totally pretending to not know the name of the current de facto back marker team. Wait, no.. no I wasn't. I know their current name is MANOR... the point I was making was that I couldn't remember whether they were formed from what started as HRT or what started as the other one that wasn't Lotus.

I'm sorry if my busy life doesn't give me room to remember insignificant bullshit that is not important to me in the slightest bit. Guess I'm just not a big enough F1 fan :rolleyes:

• Locked thread