Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Doc Morbid posted:

Why does Jacques Villeneuve look older than my dad despite being almost 20 years younger?

Must be hard being Jacques Villeneuve.
Meanwhile, a rival Formula E team digs up an even older F1 WDC to race for them:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-33832488

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

be nice wicka posted:

everyone please stop saying mp4-30 and instead refer to it by its rightful name, mp4-19
MP minus 26.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

learnincurve posted:

a collective crush on Arrivabene?
A few years of failing to win the WCC and he'll be Departabene.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Based on her loud "Phwooar, he's still hot even though he's got old" this morning, Coulthard must be high on my wife's laminated list.

Meanwhile, she thinks the current drivers (bar Button and Alonso) look like literal children. Which I suppose is true in Verstappen's case.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Human Grand Prix posted:

Alonso didn't do anything wrong.
Dead men make no more mistakes.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Eh, Silverstone's rep as one of F1's crown jewel tracks is undeserved anyway. Monaco has street racing around a shitload of money. Spa has great scenery and looks like an Uzi. Monza has balls-out speed and two corners called the Lesmos (fnarr fnarr). Silverstone has... an old airfield off the A43 and a load of greasy burger vans. Granted, its being replaced by a Tilkedrome in some oil-rich shithole dictatorship probably wouldn't be any better, but I wouldn't miss it.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Billy the Mountain posted:

I'm a reasonable man, I really am. I've been pulling for Williams for the last 4 seasons. After this race I now have an undying hate for Kimi.
Kimi was just making it up to Force India for DREAM CRUSHING them at Spa in 2009.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Pablo Bluth posted:

Totally unlike Horner...
But did Red Bull get Renault pregnant?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Whitey Ford posted:

Leave me alone. Dreamcrush. The aforementioned taking a poo poo and magnum ice cream. Closed gate. James Hunt monkey suit.

What have I left out?
Falling off a yacht. Apart from that nothing, because Kimi is so boring we have to recycle the same old jokes again and again.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The best part of that Bernie quote isn't just that he doesn't like democracy in F1:

Russia Today posted:

SS: I think one year ago you said about Formula One that it has become too democratic, that everyone just has to be too happy. So there’s no place for democracy in Formula One?

BE: I don’t think there’s any place for democracy, first of all.

SS: Ever? Anywhere?

BE: Anywhere.

Explains why he likes going to Bahrain and other Middle Eastern shitholes so much. (That, and money.) Pyongyang GP coming soon!

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

learnincurve posted:

I now name thee "evil manor" now all the likeable people have quit
Ghastly Manor.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Pablo Bluth posted:

I suspect that child might be the right word. Now an F1 seat is no longer possible for her, expect a Wolff Jr to be racing at Mercedes in a couple of decades.
The way things are going with ever-younger drivers in F1, more like one decade.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
CBeebies talk ITT! My 8-month-old loves Baby Jake, which is becoming increasingly surreal and hallucinogenic, and Big Barn Farm, because, well, cute talking animals. He also fell asleep last time I tried to watch an F1 race with him, so he'll be well set up for the future.

At least until the BBC finally escapes their contract with Bernie and lets the sport go to Sky full-time, at which point I'll be giving up watching because gently caress paying for an entire Sky Sports package just to watch one channel. Sorry in advance, kid.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Dudley posted:

The biggest confusion here is that they appear to have let people who post in this thread anyone who watches or participates in F1 in any way breed.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Brainwrong posted:

That's just me. All the others are Welsh or Southern.
Ay up.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
What's Ferrari's beef with Sky, then? Scarbs retweeted something earlier about Arrivabene having a go at one of their cameramen.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

learnincurve posted:

When was this?
Scarbs' retweet:
https://twitter.com/f1photographer/status/670199498220539904

Edit: oh for gently caress's sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

In a season finale full of montages, Sky's bloopers montage was the loving best.
Don't suppose there's a link?

Ever since Jake left, the BBC's end of season montages have been poo poo. They used to put together a bit of a narrative through the year and vaguely tie the images to the lyrics, but now it's just random car shots, champagne spraying and crashes to crap music. At least this year's wasn't quite as bad as 2014's "series of slo-mo shots of Lewis Hamilton to a Beyoncé track" or whatever the gently caress it was.

(Yes, I'm old. :argh: )

• Locked thread