Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

What's the best version of RE4 if I've never played it before. Since this is a thread for scary game

gamecube version is good. ps2 has more stuff but it looks like total poo poo, idk about the other ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

frank.club posted:

Wow how much did that set you back? Some of the best horror games had limited releases in the US. A ps2 copy of Fatal Frame 1 used to be nearly $100. FF2 is at 100 dollars new for some reason on Amazon. That wii version of it was pretty solid

someone bought it for me as a gift. pretty badass gift imo

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Beat the chainsaw guy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Mak0rz posted:

This is the answer

yeah the PC hdmake is real good. the wii version is extremely good too, and was the definitive version until they remade it (and patched it to support the mouse)

yes you read that right re4 hd was out on PC for like 2 weeks without proper mouse support

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Bobnumerotres posted:

yeah the PC hdmake is real good. the wii version is extremely good too, and was the definitive version until they remade it (and patched it to support the mouse)

yes you read that right re4 hd was out on PC for like 2 weeks without proper mouse support

i thought i bought it at release and it had mouse support, or did they patch it so it wasnt as weird

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

In Training posted:

What's the best version of RE4 if I've never played it before. Since this is a thread for scary game

steam version byfar

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SM64Guy posted:

i thought i bought it at release and it had mouse support, or did they patch it so it wasnt as weird

it had "mouse support" ie moving the mouse was treated the same as moving an analog stick and wasn't true mouse aim.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I played this and it ran like poo poo on my old card + the fov drove me insane. Now that those are fixed I should get back into it. I played RE4 on pc and I didn't really like it any more. I'm so over RE4. Well later

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

In Training posted:

I like the Wii controls a whole lot, they are very fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Multi armed lady just smashed the poo poo out of me
I was supposed to run

frank.club fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jul 31, 2015

• Locked thread