Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Bit less than the customary amount

Stop trading giving away our cows! You need all of the cows.

Of course if someone asks for cows in order to keep the clan mood good, then trade them away. Goods are better than cows for trading purposes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lokapala posted:

Only our Evil is beastmen, so this is a Bad Idea.

Hey now, it also works with our own blood. Maran Gor ain't picky.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Removed - didn't think it was a spoiler since it's just a name with no context, but I'll remove it all the same.

Sorry.

mauman fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Aug 3, 2015

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:redass: Can it with the spoilers lads.

I'm tallying the votes now. Hold onto your butts.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh hey we have a tie. Next vote seals the deal.

What's it gonna be?
- A little less than custom demands.
- The customary amount (enough for 40 people).

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

A little less. If we give a bit of ground when we cash in a favor, they'll probably be more chill.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

A little less. If we give a bit of ground when we cash in a favor, they'll probably be more chill.

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

+30 Food It's a start.

Well, it's about drat time :clint:

Christmas has come early and the Hendarti have decided to pay us a visit.

quote:

Hendarti have 11 horsemen and 124 swordsmen
vs
Wutang Clan's 7 weaponthanes and 86 members of our fyrd

I want these Hendarti scum dead.

What's the plan? :tfrxmas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiZMqVXVZgA

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 3, 2015

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Survival, evade.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Skirmish em and kill as many as possible. :black101:

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
1 magic, drive them off, skirmish.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Skirmish, drive them off. While the Wutang clan ain't nothing to gently caress with, we need to get ourselves to a position of being nothin' to gently caress with first, and getting shitwrecked now won't help that.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Magic, drive off, Charge!

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Skirmish, Drive them off

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013
Drive off, maneuver.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

One Magic, Sacrifice to Humakt, Drive them off, Maneuver

Kick their rear end, take their hats, stab them a lot while stabbing smartly.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
We could use less population, so I guess Charge, kill many

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Evade and survival. We have too many mouths to feed, but we need our adults alive so they can farm.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Generally speaking, horses and cows are the worst wealth to give up because they produce more wealth just by existing. Your goods income isn't affected by how many goods you gave so they're safe to trade off, as is food once you have a big surplus. Food is actually great to trade off because anything you don't eat will just rot anyways.

Also there's a button on the caravan menu that affects the size of the caravan you send. I assume you left it unchanged but I find it's usually the right move to always send a large caravan.

Evade + drive off for this combat.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Just as Whozit is on his way out, Farnan returns!

I think someone just earned an upgrade from his hole to a hermit cave!

50 cattle and 8 horses traded for the equivalent of 63 cows. Farnan lost about 20 cows on the deal.

Throw him back in his hole.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

Skirmish, drive them off. While the Wutang clan ain't nothing to gently caress with, we need to get ourselves to a position of being nothin' to gently caress with first, and getting shitwrecked now won't help that.

Well that didn't go too badly. Losing the weaponthanes sucks, so hopefully Koreng gets back soon with some new recruits. Even though it's probably still early days in the grand scheme of things, I'm getting kinda sick and tired of being on the back foot in these fights and I don't like it.

Mental note: We are going to go build a very deep hole in which to bury the entire Hendarti clan in later :siren:

Narsham posted:

50 cattle and 8 horses traded for the equivalent of 63 cows. Farnan lost about 20 cows on the deal.

Throw him back in his hole.
Mental note: Build Farnan an even deeper hole :siren:

Osama Bin LadenDangmar, a trader of the Varmandi clan, comes to you requesting the aid of your Eurmal worshippers. "You have a trickster on your ring and thus can help me. I wish you to place a spell of confusion upon a trading partner, Insterid of the Bachad clan, so that she will become confused and offer me an absurd number of sheep for my silver when next I negotiate with her. I will give you ten cows for this service.

Dangmar and his people are our foes, and expect nothing from us. (5)

By putting an Eurmali on the ring, we created the expectation that we would spread trickery and confusion throughout Dragon Pass. But we can trick people by confound this expectation. (4,5)

Of course we should aid this admirable fellow. (3)
How fiscal of you Harran :jewish:

We're stronger than Insterid's clan; we can afford to upset them. (1)

We need all the cows we can get. We should dicker with him, but do not refuse him, even if his offer does not increase much. (2)

Dangmar is well-respected as an honest trader. We have had reason to suspect Isterid's perfidy in the past. (3)

quote:

:eng101: We are currently feuding with the Varmandi.
On the one hand we just got raided by the Hendarti, so gently caress everyone we're feuding with... On the other, we could narrow the clans we're feuding with from 2 down to 1..

- Accept his offer.
- Ask for higher compensation.
- Perform the ritual, asking nothing in return.
- Refuse him, then warn Insterid.
- Refuse him.

zzz time. :tootzzz:

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 3, 2015

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Perform the ritual, ask nothing.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Charge and drive them off. We might be able to catch them sacrificing and use that to give us a real chance.
edit: yay for leaving tabs open :toot:

See if we can get more money out of him. They are feuding with us after all, so they should totally pay more.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Aug 3, 2015

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is this a trick question? Take the cows

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Ask for more cow. But yeah, we have a Trickster, always listen to the Trickster.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

- Ask for higher compensation.

What's the worst that could happen. :downs:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
More cow, more trickster!

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Ask for more cows.
Seriously we have to few cows.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Refuse him, then warn Insterid

It's good to having 2 clans to feud with so that you can always raid 1 if you establish a truce with another. It's when you get 3 or more you should worry about, because then you'll be raid fodder.

Also, battle sacrifices take magic and you can get interrupted while doing them, so it's generally not a good idea.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Ask for more cows.

We're not your friends, random other clan, but we are interested in more wealth. Wutang Financial.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Look, out Wu-Tang ancestors clearly spelled out that shame on a trader who try to run game on a trader. This poo poo don't fly on our watch. Refuse and warn Insterid.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
If we were friends with his clan, the tears of his victim would be all the pay we would need.

But we are not friends. Ask for more cows, he's gonna get rich off this anyway, and we're basically doing him a favor here, so something like 15 cows is more appropriate.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!
Refuse him.

Also, next time you make a caravan be sure to send someone with actual Bargaining skills, not the lawyer we keep in a hole on the other end of the tula.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Actually, this brings up a good point. Could you put up a list of all of our nobles? That way we can start grooming younglings to fill positions later/tell you who to send where and for what.

Also so we know who we should start sending on suicide runs. There's always somebody.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Perform the ritual, asking nothing in return.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Trust not the Trickster. Refuse him and warn Insterid

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Tricksters seems to be the only people working out for the Wu. Do it, but ask for more kau

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Nothing ever goes wrong with letting the trickster do things (for free).

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Bargain, we could really use the cows.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Ask for more cows

Let's keep him feuding with us and not just do it for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Refuse, then warn Insterid

The Bachad are on the cusp of a feud with us, and are neighbours to both us and the hated Hendarti. If we're not careful, we're going to end up with 3 feuds 2 of which are right on our borders. We can't afford to piss them off anymore, especially since no one else on the goon ring was smart enough to send them gifts. Like me.

• Locked thread