Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I have never ever sacrificed in battle. I find more often than not they attack me while I'm sacrificing. So I just smash into them.

Anyways, Refuse and then warn.

We might have a Trickster, but we don't NEED to use him for every single option that lets him shine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
I really wish there was a option that was just "Accept, take his goods, have the trickster hand him a "magical bottle of unguent" that is actually a mixture of piss and poo poo, for him to wear during the negotiations". It's not really lying, since that other trader would certainly be confused.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Take the cows. No point in asking for extra cows from people who hate us.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

IAmTheRad posted:

I have never ever sacrificed in battle. I find more often than not they attack me while I'm sacrificing. So I just smash into them.

I mean if they charge you mid sacrifice all that happens is you lose the benefit of the sacrifice and the cow, no further consequences . And this requires that they pick charge. And that they sacrifice fewer times than you. You actually have a very good chance of succeeding on a sacrifice, though two is significantly more dicey. Orlanthi typically sacrifice and Horse People typically skirmish.

Sacrificing to Orlanth increases the odds of winning the "tactics" phase, and Humakt increases the chances of winning the "melee" phase.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

RickVoid posted:

I really wish there was a option that was just "Accept, take his goods, have the trickster hand him a "magical bottle of unguent" that is actually a mixture of piss and poo poo, for him to wear during the negotiations". It's not really lying, since that other trader would certainly be confused.

Depending on how the trickster is feeling that day, it might be what happens if you agree!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

RickVoid posted:

Actually, this brings up a good point. Could you put up a list of all of our nobles? That way we can start grooming younglings to fill positions later/tell you who to send where and for what.

Also so we know who we should start sending on suicide runs. There's always somebody.

I'll make a note for the post after this one.

Brother got a new dog, so have been playing with puppy :3:

Post inc!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A part of us wanted to refuse the deal and warn Insterid, but a much larger part remember that some of us are idiots and keep sending our cows away. So we

Rawkking posted:

Ask for more cows

Let's keep him feuding with us and not just do it for free.

At last we can retire and give up this life of crime

Goddammit.

Alright gently caress it. Cattle raid on the Hendarti

Goddammit.

Goddammit.

Alright gently caress it. Sacrifice to Chalana Arrory to learn mysteries

We learnt the Hope ability and will allow us to improve our people's morale. :toot:

Wait, what's that.. :confuoot:

God-loving-dammit

We let Farnan out of his hole for one day and look what happens?

Southerners come to your tula, claiming to be agents of the Pharaoh, the tyrannical ruler your people fled when you came to this land. They appear to be sorcerers; at the very least, those strange implements they carry are probably magical weapons. The implements emit a low thrumming sound, the likes of which you have never heard. They are looking for "Belintar's Book," a large tome which they say was stolen from the Pharaoh."

Good news indeed that somebody has stolen an item precious to the Pharaoh! (2)

They are sorcerers. They use a kind of magic that all good Orlanthi abhor. (1)

Obviously we tell them that we have it. (4)
Living the dream, eh Harran?

They would not swagger in here so confidently if they had not the power to back up their bravado. (2,3,4)

Tell them the truth. It's not as if they're vampires. (2)
But what if they're double-vampires Inganna? Did ya think of that?

They are sorcerers. They use a kind of magic that all good Orlanthi abhor. (1)

- "Die now, sorcerous scum!"
- "We know nothing of this book."
- "We saw the book, but do not have it."
- "We bought it, and it's ours now"

quote:

:suicide101: Wutang Clan ain't nuthing ta gently caress wit

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Aug 4, 2015

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
"We know nothing of this book."

I dream of an update that leaves us with at least couple weaponthanes.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
We don't know anything about the book.

We are so gonna die.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
These guys are your enemies, so kill them and take their stuff!.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
We want nothing to do with them, good or ill-I don't think we have the force to take them, given we just now got a warning about we don't have enough fighters. Tell them the facts(We don't know a thing) and move on.

Dakona
May 3, 2014

Infinitum posted:

They would not swagger in here so confidently if they had not the power to back up their bravado. (2,3,4)

The Humakti is advising caution. I think it's best we trust his judgement by saying "We know nothing of this book."

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
A Thane is worth 5 footmen. You could have won the battle if you stood your ground, you dingo. :colbert:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
3. one of our enemy have it!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

We don't have your book, go away.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
We don't have this book

If we can say who has it, send them after one of our rival clans.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
"Die now, sorcerous scum!"

Servants of the hated Pharaoh can't be allowed to live.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
We know nothing of this so-called 'book.'

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
"Book? We know nothing of your book."

You know, the last thing we need is to bring over trouble that we fled from in the first place.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Winner by unanimous decision

Meta-Mollusk posted:

These guys are your enemies, so kill them and take their stuff!.

Wait.. no bad decisions are my half of the LP. Instead we listened to our council. Especially when

Dakona posted:

The Humakti is advising caution. I think it's best we trust his judgement by saying "We know nothing of this book."

Sorcerers are as bad as vampires, but they die easier.
What are you doing Inganna? Nobody mentioned vampires, and it was a really weird thing to bring up in conversation. Are.. are you racist against vampires?..

What are they doing?
Oh darling you really are blonde aren't ya. They're pointing their weapons at us

Wonderful. So I suppose it's down to Good Ol' Infinitum to decided whether to gently caress up again or not.

gently caress IT :black101:

Of course we kept the magical murder weapons! I forgot to check them out on the treasure page when I made this post, so I'll see what we got next time. :10bux: says they're probably cursed or some poo poo knowing my luck.

Puistokemisti posted:

I dream of an update that leaves us with at least couple weaponthanes.

Sadly it is not this post.
-1 Weaponthane

It is now Earth Season.

Hurrah. Now I'm not stressing about food. :toot:

Our people could use cheering up. Ask Chalana Arrory to raise their spirits.

Because I wanted to ensure we got Hope blessing, I sacrificed a little more than usual.

Hurrah! Next order of business: Now because someone, who will remain nameless, managed to raise the clans feuding with us from 2 to 3 we're going to raise our defenses a bit.

A stake perimeter would help defend against mounted enemies.

So what's what we did. At the cost of 40 goods we now have a Stake Perimeter That outta keep Inganna happy :downsrim:

Hurrah Koreng's back!

Didn't we used to have 13 weaponthanes?...
Shut up Koreng.

Right. Things aren't looking like a complete disaster now. It's also Dark Season

No prob. One Barntar blessing coming up!

Right after..

Yanoith, the daughter of a thane, is causing trouble for the ring. She seems to do nothing but agitate against your decisions. She has convinced the carls that you favour the weaponthanes, and the weaponthanes that you favour the carls. She says that you have dishonoured clan ancestors, that your rulings are unjust, and that your management of the clan's wealth leaves much to be desired.

Her complaints are unjustified. Nonetheless, the mood of the people will continue to deteriorate if we do not take strong action. (3,5)

She shows disrespect for chosen leaders. We are well within our rights to outlaw her. (3)

Oh, she doesn't really mean any harm by her words. I rather admire her gumption! (1)
Dude she's like 16..

Everyone says that the weaponthanes love her, but I can think of no particular weaponthanes that do. (5)

Errath, the Tragic King, failed to act against an enemy in his own clan. That enemy turned out to be mad; she triggered an avalanche, and many of Errath's tribe were buried.

She is consumed by spite, and no one knows why. It is unlikely that any argument will satisfy her. (3)

She says the carls love her, but secretly they wish she would shut her mouth. (5)

What do we do with Little Miss It's-Just-A-Phase-Mum?

- Ignore the situation.
- Offer her compensation in exchange for her silence.
- Outlaw her.
- Persuade her that her words harm the unity of the clan.
- Threaten her with outlawry
- Try to marry her off to another clan.

Perhaps the Hendarti...

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Outlaw her and sell those loving weapons
Do not keep them, they are very bad.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Marry her off.

Also get rid of the weapons. I don't know about the Android/iOS/Steam version but on the GOG version you can actually give a treasure to another clan. Give them away to your distant feuding clan and try to broker for peace in the meantime with marriage.

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013
Well, on one hand, she's an annoying rabble-rouser. On the other hand, she kind of has a point, what with the weaponthane losses, the frivolous cow-spending, the senseless feuding, the not rescuing our people from Hendarti.... Oh yeah! And now we have enriched uranium in our treasure shed.

Ask her to join the ring!

Failing that, persuade her that her words harm the unity of the clan. Although our lawspeaker's bargaining is poo poo, so that probably won't go over all that well.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Outlaw her.

Infinitum posted:

Of course we kept the magical murder weapons! I forgot to check them out on the treasure page when I made this post, so I'll see what we got next time. :10bux: says they're probably cursed or some poo poo knowing my luck.
Yeah, they're incredibly bad. Give/sell that poo poo to someone else. If you're feeling cheeky, send a high Bargaining emissary to one of our enemies offering to end the feud, and offer them the treasure for it. (It's one of the options once your dude gets there, don't select it on the emissary screen.)

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Iced Cocoa posted:

Marry her off.

Also get rid of the weapons. I don't know about the Android/iOS/Steam version but on the GOG version you can actually give a treasure to another clan. Give them away to your distant feuding clan and try to broker for peace in the meantime with marriage.

This is a smart course of action.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Spoilers, people. Let Infinitum try those weapons out himself. Anyway, I kinda doubt that we can marry her off to any clan we hate and if we marry her off to clan that doesn't hate us now, they probably will afterwards.

Threaten her with outlawing.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!
She seems set on causing trouble, so I suspect that if we threaten her she'll just point back at us and show how weak we are. So I say we outlaw her. Like it or not kid, "Obey chosen leaders" is one of the laws of Heort, so you either play along or you get kicked out.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
She's tearing us apart! Try to persuade her, but if that doesn't work and you get another option, just outlaw her and be done with it.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Ignore the situation

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Outlaw the dissident. Break the weapons as they are symbols of the accursed Pharaoh.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Puistokemisti posted:

Spoilers, people. Let Infinitum try those weapons out himself. Anyway, I kinda doubt that we can marry her off to any clan we hate and if we marry her off to clan that doesn't hate us now, they probably will afterwards.

Threaten her with outlawing.

You actually can't. They just sorta sit there, harming you and being boring.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Marry her off.

As I understand it, for good Orlanthi magic comes from one of three sources, the god, ancestors, and nature spirits. Though in the case of nature spirits, it's ok, but atypical and shamans/spirit talkers are viewed with some suspicion and tend to live apart from other Orlanthi. In all of these cases, the people aren't actually doing anything themselves, but petitioning some manner of higher power to act on their behalf. In contrast, the sorcerous tools bend reality in a way that goes against all Orlanthi customs and beliefs. They are literally unholy, and just owning them hurts our connection with our ancestors and our gods. Get rid of them immediately.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Closing votes off for this round, but I need a hand with how to do the emissary mission the way Haifisch suggested.

I also have not forgotten whoever it was who wanted to see all the clan-ring candidates and I'll include it in the coming update.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Lokapala posted:

Well, on one hand, she's an annoying rabble-rouser. On the other hand, she kind of has a point, what with the weaponthane losses, the frivolous cow-spending, the senseless feuding, the not rescuing our people from Hendarti.... Oh yeah! And now we have enriched uranium in our treasure shed.

Offer to marry Lokapala off to another clan.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Marry her off somewhere. One less mouth to feed and a gain in reputation for the clan.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Persuade her. We have a serious morale problem and I suspect this is the only mood-positive outcome, though it's less likely to succeed than the other options.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Slaan posted:

Marry her off somewhere. One less mouth to feed and a gain in reputation for the clan.

I'm not sure marrying off someone who is horrible enough that people want to outlaw her will do our reputation any favors.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
They don't have to know that :ssh:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Slaan posted:

They don't have to know that :ssh:

I suspect once she is living with their clan, they will figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Some young upstart comes into the house of Wu and starts trying to run game? She leaves us no choice but to

Haifisch posted:

Outlaw her.

Fresh jams play on her way out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3jzDb4H7o

-Mood

*sigh* Still, probably better than the long term damage this harpy could have caused if we left her alone. Something needs to be done about the clan mood as well I suppose. I think a feast is in order.

But first, lets get rid of this raw uranium sitting outside our clan hall. I think it's time we attempted to end our freshly formed feud with Bachad.

Best case scenario we get rid of the bad juju Pharaoh rocks. Worst case scenario we end up with 10 foot mutated bug-eyed monster enemies.
One can only cross his fingers and hope.

Who to send, who to send..

Well Koreng has our highest bargaining skill and he's on the Clan-Ring for that reason.

Here's the setup I used, so that you may laugh at me.

Koreng has presented your gifts to the Bachad clan, and extended an offer of peace. The Bachadi seem uncomfortable at accepting such a large amount of gifts, but do not give them back. Garnath, their chief, is noncommital. Penterest, the clan trader, seems receptive. Jotisan, on the other hand, is clearly marshalling arguements why your emissaries should simply be killed.

Seven cows would be a minimum. Fifty cows would be good. A hundred would be excellent. (2)
Well it's a good thing I sent you with 25 cows and 25 goods then I suppose.

- Arrange for a noble male of your clan to marry a noble girl of theirs, and vice versa.
- Offer them wealth
- Offer them a treasure.

If we don't offer them the magic death rocks, I'll be sure to sell them off ASAP afterwards.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 4, 2015

• Locked thread