Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Send everyone. THEY LIVE, THEY DIE, THEY LIVE AGAIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cautiousness was not one of the 36 Chambers.

Thus we're off to raid with the standard numbers.

We Sacrificed to Humakt. This was a good idea!

This was not a good idea!
:negative:

Oh so that's how it is huh? Uh... Decline?

Neither the farmers nor the warriors are very happy. Holding a feast would be a good idea, or asking Chalana Arrory for her Hope Blessing

I think a feast is in order...

With the external threats we face, it would be prudent to reorganize as a War Clan.
Just after we got our arses kicked? Really Vandarl?

I said we would have 3 sick people by now.
You said that last time! :argh:

"The foolish man lies awake all night and worries. When morning comes, he's tired out, and everything's just as bad as it was."
You know what Beneva, you're right.

Let's party the night away with a feast and heal out wounds in the morning! No use crying over spilt milkmaids.

Yes, let's feast!

There's no point in having a feast if we don't invite our neighbours.

Alright, feast. But don't forget that we don't have enough weaponthanes to defend ourselves.

And lo the Wutang Clan held a medium sized feast and invited the neighbours. Now with hangovers to heal on top of wounds it's time to sacrif...

Oh man jesus gently caress, did the neighbours look that bad last night?

Tonalang finds a bunch of small trolls rooting about in the grain bins of his stead. They've eaten some of the grain, and have ruined more of it. You're familiar with these creatures from the old country - they're trollkin, the stunted and sometimes simple-minded offspring that most trolls are cursed with.

We do not wish to offend the trolls by mistreating their children.

These are only trollkin. The spirits of our ancestors don't care what we do with them.

I could cast magic on them to make them look like tall, strong fighters!
I'm sensing you're going to be a particularly painful thorn in my arse Harran

If we don't kill them now, they'll be trouble later.
That's your solution to everything!

If we take them as thralls, they'll worry the sheep.

We should trade them to another clan

If we can't make good use of them, the crafters might.

- Drive them off.
- Kill them.
- Sacrifice them to a god.
- Take them as thralls.
- Trade them to another clan.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Aug 1, 2015

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Kill them death to the beasts.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Quick thing... Sacrificing will more often than not get you that result, them just whupping your rear end before you're done. Not always, but like I said... better than even odds that it will.

Eh. Drive them off They aren't beastfolk, and nobody really wants anything to do with them. So. gently caress it.

Robhol
Oct 9, 2012
Trollkin would make an excellent sacrifice to Eurmal.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Sac to Eurmal

I'm sure it won't backfire horribly.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Sell them to our enemy

Don't forget to learn a blessing from urox for year goal.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Yeah stab them for Eurmal! He gives good (tm) gifts to his worshippers!

Man we've got a real bunch of characters for the ring haven't we? Brandgor has trollish sympathies, and Inganna worries about the undead.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

I'm sensing you're going to be a particularly painful thorn in my arse Harran

Look, you can't blame a guy for doing his job.

Also sac to Eurmal. What's the worst that could happen?

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Sacrifice them to Eurmal, the trickster god.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy
Eurmal will know what to do with them.

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

Infinitum posted:

A stake perimeter would defend against mounted enemies.

You feeling ok there, Harran?

Infinitum posted:

Phew, that's better, you had me worried for a moment.

But still, we should help our fool get into top form through sacrificing trollkin to Eurmal.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Surely Eurmal will love our gag gift.

SirDifferential posted:

This here is my entire experience with this game. I'm told to sacrifice or make trade agreements without having a clue about the worth of 15 cows, and the council looks at me expecting some sagacious wisdom. Most of the decisions I made involved me going on the pasture and throwing the Sacred Cow Bone in the air and seeing if it landed the meaty side up.
10-15 cows is generally a good amount to give people without breaking the bank. It's also a reasonable sacrifice size. A favor is worth 20 cows, for comparison.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

Also sac to Eurmal. What's the worst that could happen?

Oh I get it, it's a pun.
We also got +2 Magic from sacrificing. This Eurmal character seems like a pretty swell guy.

We are now in Earth Season. Time to lick our wounds.

Any of you guys have anything new to say?

We have the finest-looking young women of any clan.
You are just creeping me right the gently caress out Harran.

Right. We got 2 Weaponthane's injured in that last raid.. I didn't like that, and it was a mistake on my part. They're better now, but I went recruiting and managed to raise an extra 4.
13 Weaponthanes total make their home in Wutang Clan now.

We also don't have a shrine to Chalana Arroy with which to heal ourselves with. So let's start correcting that early, because you don't need to be a fortune teller to know we're going to get decimated at some point if we're not prepped properly. To build a shrine, we need to first learn some mysteries.
We sacrificed 10 Cows and 5 Goods to Chalana Arroy.

We learnt a mystery, I think, but I was too slow to screenshot what it was so I'll grab it next time! We're also 100% gonna get out of bed early, not hold feasts, and get to exploring our Tula early. It's a Saturday after all.

Sora Goodseller, a trader-priestess of the Talking God, Issaries, comes to offer you what she says is a great treasure: a whirlwind, trapped in a small clay jar. Sora says that when the jar is opened, the wind will roar out and sweep through our foes.

Sora does us a favour by making this offer. Even if we cannot afford her treasure, we must honour her.

Although it would be splendid to own such an item, you can never really trust an Issaries trader

What if the jar breaks in our own tula?
What if you're the one that breaks it..

Such an item would be very useful in battle.

If you send me to dicker with a priestess of Issaries, she might sweet-talk me into giving away half the clan.

I feel ready to haggle with her, as long as we are certain of a maximum price.
Koreng's bargaining skills are excellent. I reckon he knows what he's talking about

I hope she comes back with something more useful.

quote:

:eng101: Issaries, the Talking God, is the god of Trade, Travel, Communication and Concilliation. He is one of the Seven Lightbringers

Wutang Clan currently has

- Dicker with her, going no higher than 40 cows worth of goods
- Dicker with her, going no high than 60 cows.
- Offer to trade her your treasure for the jar
- Politely decline her offer; give her hospitality
- Refuse to dicker; offer her 40 cows.
- Refuse to dicker; offer her 60 cows.

Lionel Richie - All Night Long starts playing in the background

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 1, 2015

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

This Eurmal character seems like a pretty swell guy.

Eurmal is a cool guy and you should hang out with him whenever posible.

Samolety
Jan 27, 2008

I have returned from negotiations with Comrade Ignatov and have found him to be quite agreeable.
I believe it is peace in our time.
Politely decline, offer her hospitality.
The whirlwind is a one-time-use battle thing that, honestly, I don't find that useful. Though maybe we will want it when the ducks attack.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Samolety posted:

Politely decline, offer her hospitality.
The whirlwind is a one-time-use battle thing that, honestly, I don't find that useful. Though maybe we will want it when the ducks attack.

I'm willing to spend about 40 cows on a "Reap the whirlwind" joke. No more than that though.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Dicker? I hardly know her! (For up to 40 cows).

(I'm so sorry.)

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

We don't want your magical fart jar, but sit down and have a beer!

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013
I have an unhealthy amount of love for Issaries and his priests (and wish there'd be more events about him and his in the game), but even I will tell you not to dicker with Sora when your trader is only excellent. Also, that's a lovely treasure. So, politely decline, offer her hospitality.

And please never ever leave our hostages in enemies' hands in the future. It's bad for the morale and the genetic diversity of our clan. With appropriate application of crafter and trader efforts we can get tons and tons of goods to throw around as ransoms and gifts.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Lokapala posted:

And please never ever leave our hostages in enemies' hands in the future. It's bad for the morale and the genetic diversity of our clan.

Oh yeah. I forgot to yell about this.

YOU DON'T LEAVE OUR WOMEN IN THE HANDS OF OUR ENEMIES WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH YOU

Okay, I feel better now.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Lokapala posted:

It's bad for the morale and the genetic diversity of our clan.

You don't marry within the clan, since all of you are kin.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh we're totally going to raze Humakt to the loving ground later to get revenge, and get our women back. :black101:

Just tell me what I have to do to raise an army big enough to rip that town to shreds, and we'll do that.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Oh we're totally going to raze Humakt to the loving ground later to get revenge, and get our women back. :black101:

Just tell me what I have to do to raise an army big enough to rip that town to shreds, and we'll do that.

I don't think Humakt, God of Death, would appreciate your attempt to raze him.

Lokapala is technically correct though. We need them to help secure alliances with other clans: clan inter-marriage is a necessity and we need something to bring to the table. Besides cows.

I would imagine that the hostages are fairly well treated though, at least up until you told them we didn't care about getting them back. I'm sure that will end real well.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Politely decline her offer; give her hospitality

Infinitum posted:

- Oh god what do I do with cattle and crop lands. I am not very good with computers.
Remember that when you are on the cattle and crop screen your clan ring will explicitly tell you if something is wrong, assuming you ask someone with the right skills.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!
Let me be another one to yell at you for leaving behind some of our own people in the hands of the enemies. You do not do that. Ever.

As for Sora - the likelihood of us getting a good price out of this is close to nill, so let's decline her offer and give her some hospitality.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jenx posted:

The likelihood of us getting a good price out of this is close to nill, so let's decline her offer and give her some hospitality.

Y'all come back now, ya-hear?

Last time we sacrificed to Chalana Arroy and learnt her mysteries. Now we can build a shrine!

It is now Dark Season and before construction starts, we see what the talking heads have to say.

Chaos is strong near us. Urox can be stronger, so we should maintain his shrine and sacrifice to him.

A sacrifice to Urox will keep our war magic strong. Failure to sacrifice may weaken it.
Hmm 2 guys recommending to sacrifice to Urox. Will keep that in mind

No, we should learn Eurmal blessings instead!
Yeah I'll get right on that guy

Here's what the shrine construction page looks like. It details the Annual Maintenance of each shrine, as well as the cost to build. For now we're just going to build a small shrine.

A shrine to the Healer makes sense.

No, we should learn Eurmal blessings instead!
I swear to god I will turn this loving Tula around Harran

Next up, exploring. It's probably good to explore, and at the very least I want to know what's to the North-East.

Let me know if my positioning is right. 3 weaponthanes and 12 footmen seems adequate?

Oh poo poo someone has decided to gently caress wit' Wutang Clan. :black101:

Drenyan, one of your carls, is found slain in an isolated corner of your tula. She is obviously the victim of :siren: secret murder, :siren: one of the most serious crimes in Orlanthi soceity. The people are appalled and frightened

-1 Mood

We have a feud with the Hendarti, so it is reasonable to assume that they had a hand in this heinous crime.

This stinks of Chaos. Let me interrogate the people, and I will find the betrayer.
Achievement Unlocked: Crazy Guy on the Council

If people know you did it, killing a person is sometimes bad, but never unforgivable. Secret murder, on the other hand...
Achievement Unlocked: Actual Crazy Guy on the Council makes a valid point

*Currently away exploring*

None of is saw what happened, but the spirts of our ancestors surely did.

We must be ever-vigilant against the scourge of banditry

This is the work of bandist; the hills are full of them.

Whatever your decision guys, we are out for blood. Noone commits secret murder against Wutang Clan and gets away with it!

- Blame bandits.
- Blame Chaos cultists within your own clan.
- Blame no one; console the people
- Blame the Heran clan.
- Blame the Hendart clan.
- Conduct a divination.

I'm heading to bed, so this will be open a fair while.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 1, 2015

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also how is pacing, update structure, etc going. It's my first LP so lemme know if anything can be improved on.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Well, first of all it might not be the best idea to send off dudes exploring in the middle of winter because that's when the trolls and ice demons are feeling all rambunctious and up to no good. But hey, I'm probably worrying about nothing.

Also learn an Urox mystery, because Urox is a bro.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
They got rid of sheep? Good move.

Divination

One more gently caress-up, don't sent your ring members off exploring, explorers have pretty good chance of not coming back. Especially don't send them off in Dark season, they won't be back for Sacred Time and your magic will suffer.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
You left some spare magic in the kitty at the beginning of the year right? If so divination. Also the omens want us to learn a Storm Bull blessing this year, so do that. Then learn a Bartar blessing. Food is the most important thing right now so focusing on Barntar, Ernalda, and Uralda is a good idea.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Divination nation.

Edit : Also the Humakt blessing Truesword is off the loving chain awesome for fighting. It doubles how good your weaponthanes fight. No, like, it actually, literally makes one weaponthane the equivalent of two.

P.S. get more weaponthanes. I usually get like 20 or so and then I can pretty consistently demolish any other clan.

Xiahou Dun fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Aug 1, 2015

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Divine our murderer. Then loose the War boys!

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Xiahou Dun posted:

Divination nation.

Edit : Also the Humakt blessing Truesword is off the loving chain awesome for fighting. It doubles how good your weaponthanes fight. No, like, it actually, literally makes one weaponthane the equivalent of two.

P.S. get more weaponthanes. I usually get like 20 or so and then I can pretty consistently demolish any other clan.

You aint' doing it right until you have 40+ weaponthanes, Truesword and that Vinga poo poo and just kicking everyone out of Dragon Pass :omarcomin:

Too bad the game doesn't actually support that sort of play style :flaccid:

(Second after Vinga-worshipping clan option on my wishlist of poo poo that should be added)

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
Divination, then whoever it turns out to be just blame someone you're feuding with instead.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

NewMars posted:

Also, the most common cult for gay people in Orlanthi society to join is either Heler or Vinga.

Vinga is the patron deity of woman born with the souls of warriors and leaders and her cult is female only. Is there anything in the lore about her attraction to other woman? I remember in a previous lp, one of her myths is about her trying to hide her fertility because she doesn't want to risk going into combat potentially pregnant, but she also doesn't want to give up having sex with men.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Divination is always a solid choice if you have the magic for it.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!

I dont know posted:

Vinga is the patron deity of woman born with the souls of warriors and leaders and her cult is female only. Is there anything in the lore about her attraction to other woman? I remember in a previous lp, one of her myths is about her trying to hide her fertility because she doesn't want to risk going into combat potentially pregnant, but she also doesn't want to give up having sex with men.

Here's the thing - using terminology like heterosexuality or homosexuality when referring to Orlanthi is just as meaningless as when talking about, say, ancient Assyrians or Greeks. The Orlanthi have different concepts of gender and sexuality, and so such real world and modern concepts have no real equivalent. There was talk about this on G+ a while back, but to summarize:

Sex
Orlanthi generally recognize 4 different sexes - Male, Female, Both (hermaphrodites or Heler worshipers), Neither (either eunuchs or people who simply fit into neither of the previous three)

From the above the Orlanthi derive six distinct genders, with the understanding that at least 80% of people will follow the general rule, but that there are always people who don't. Those genders are: Man, Woman, Vingan (women who are men), Nandan (men who are women), Helering (people who are close to the Water rune, thus belong on an entirely different axis) and None.

Now, as long as they follow some pretty basic taboos (no rape, no incest, no adultery, no sex with non-adults, no sex with non-humans, no sex with a married person (if unmarried)) people are generally let alone to boink whatever and whoever they like. Since sex is freely and openly accepted, thus marriage is usually not about sex or reproduction (there are no Orlanthi orphans. A child always belongs to the clan of either the mother or father).

So yeah, is Humakt a cult for gay people, both male and female? Of course not. There are no gay people in Orlanthi culture. But Humakt is a cult for people who do not feel the common urge towards life, so they usually abstain from reproduction. Unless they don't, since there are Humakti who are fine with having children.

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013

my dad posted:

You don't marry within the clan, since all of you are kin.

Yes, but as far as I know tradition and mores vary greately among Orlanthi and which gender gets to leave their clan upon marriage isn't necessarily set in stone, so these women could've brought in some strapping young weaponthanes into Wutang :v:

And even discounting the facts that it's a shittty way to treat people who trust you to take care of them and you lose potential marriageable bargaining chips/future mothers who will birth amazing heroes into your clan, this still gifts your Sworn Enemies with free skilled labour force and/or wives.

Anyway, all our mages suck, so this has a good chance of failure, but the general rule is to always divinite if you can, so divinate!

And since we don't want a berzerker god to be annoyed with us, remember to learn an Uroxi mystery before the year ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Divine, then do whatever the divination says.

Infinitum posted:

Also how is pacing, update structure, etc going. It's my first LP so lemme know if anything can be improved on.
The one thing I'd add is the count of cows/magic/etc for events. It's really useful to know where we're sitting on that stuff when making decisions.

• Locked thread