Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Rokka no Yuusha vol 1 BD sales are out, and it scrounged up 551 units the first week, which is pretty hopeless.

How hopeless? It's as bad as Oremonogatari.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Kild posted:

I'm Adlet Meyer cus I called all of this last ep.

The guards lying. Nash being the 7th. Adlet's friend showing up at the end. Nash's plan to kill people was even guessed by me.

Excuse me? I called all of this over a month ago

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

darkgray posted:

Rokka no Yuusha vol 1 BD sales are out, and it scrounged up 551 units the first week, which is pretty hopeless.

Holy poo poo, Ore Monogatari did that bad?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

ViggyNash posted:

The manga still sells incredibly well so I imagine that if it gets a second season it will be by virtue of following in Chihayafuru's steps.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Different anime have different business models and treating blu-ray sales like a definitive success number is deeply misleading.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ViggyNash posted:

no, its doing fine

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Devil Tesla posted:

Different anime have different business models and treating blu-ray sales like a definitive success number is deeply misleading.

Yeah basically this.

Manga/LN sales and merch sales are also important, but harder to quantify (especially the latter!) so armchair analysts just ignore them.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Sounds like we need to join forces here. Give me Takeo as the 9th and definitely real this time guys seriously Brave. Yamato can be the 10th as the Saint of Baked Goods.

Or put Adlet and Flamie as a couple into Ore Monogatari as annoying kids who think they have superpowers but don't.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Ezra's armor includes a bunny girl outfit, a maid outfit, and so forth. Not that it matters cause Mashima keeps going back to the boob bandages.
Well yeah, that's why I said most and not all. Ezra alone has more outfits than all the characters in most anime and manga properties, Rokka definitely included.

Her strongest outfit definitely shouldn't be boob bandages and a big ol' sword though, that's just silly. Why do you bother collecting a million outfits and spamming swords like Nashetania if that's how you fight at your best?

But enough about things that will never be commercial successes, like Fairy Tail, and lets talk more about real powerhouses like Rokka!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Disregarding the lovely future LN volumes, this anime was really fun to watch. And that's what I can take from it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

darkgray posted:

:wow:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rokka rules, gently caress the haters.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I say this as a man who has impeccable taste.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i want a Flamie figure/nendo asap

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please no have mercy on my wallet.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

dogsicle posted:

i want a Flamie figure/nendo asap

I have literally never bought an anime figure in my life. I also would seriously consider buying a Flamie figure, awkward boobstrap and all.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Rokka rules, gently caress the haters.

:thumbsup:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

how come no one posted a gif of the flamie "kiss"

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Kild posted:

how come no one posted a gif of the flamie "kiss"

please no snowballing pics in this thread, tia

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Grim Up North posted:

please no snowballing pics in this thread, tia

dont kinkshame

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Rokka is getting a disk release by Ponycan US. If you aren't familiar with these guys, they put out shows in 4 episode volumes with a full retail price of $90, helpfully discounted to $72 on Right Stuf.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Oh no. They are almost as bad as Aniplex.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BlazeEmblem posted:

Oh no. They are almost as bad as Aniplex.

Unless you're talking about the Japanese import versions that they bring over, Aniplex's prices are actually lower than Ponycan.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

The Devil Tesla posted:

Rokka is getting a disk release by Ponycan US. If you aren't familiar with these guys, they put out shows in 4 episode volumes with a full retail price of $90, helpfully discounted to $72 on Right Stuf.

Why, that would be a bargain at twice the price!

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Went into this series expecting big battles against demons and adversity in a hostile land (A bit like what if LOTR didn't have the fellowship dissolve before reaching Mordor).

Somehow ended up with a weird-rear end whodunit story, with a romance side-plot. I wasn't particularly upset with the reveal as to the culprit; focusing on Nashetania's(sp?) relationship with Adlet early on and portraying her as the main heroine only to turn it around on us has been done before but still surprises just due to the amount of shows that don't like to throw the viewer a curve. That said ending it by saying "CONGRATULATIONS ON FINDING THE FAKE oh now there's another fake" felt lame.

Just my opinion though.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

I'm 100% with you on this one, Khy. I looked the show up on Wikipedia, and it appears to never get any better. The rabbit hole just gets deeper and deeper. I finally dropped it, way too late in my opinion, at about episode 10 or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

khy posted:

Went into this series expecting big battles against demons and adversity in a hostile land (A bit like what if LOTR didn't have the fellowship dissolve before reaching Mordor).

Somehow ended up with a weird-rear end whodunit story, with a romance side-plot. I wasn't particularly upset with the reveal as to the culprit; focusing on Nashetania's(sp?) relationship with Adlet early on and portraying her as the main heroine only to turn it around on us has been done before but still surprises just due to the amount of shows that don't like to throw the viewer a curve. That said ending it by saying "CONGRATULATIONS ON FINDING THE FAKE oh now there's another fake" felt lame.

Just my opinion though.

Fun fact, in the second volume, in the very first paragraph, on the second or third line, they reveal who the second fake is. It's a non-mystery if you're reading the series.

In any case I liked the mystery focus of the show and it ended up being far more memorable than it would've been if it went for a straightforward based-on-first-impressions handling of the story. If you just came for that though I guess I see why you wouldn't like it. But it's a hell of a lot more memorable as a mystery show.

• Locked thread