Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Test Pattern posted:

Some that have been brought up already but deserve to be mentioned again:

Terriers
Nowhere Man
Better off Ted
Don't Trust the Bitch
Middleman

And one that hasn't been mentioned:

Sym-Bionic Titan

Tartakovsky making a giant robot show, and it gets cancelled one season in because, and this is the truth, CN couldn't figure out how to merchandise a loving giant robot show.

That reminds me of Titan Maximum, another giant robot show that only lasted one season. Monkey Jesus!

And I still lament the loss of Lucy, The Daughter of the Devil. Don't think getting Bob's Burgers was an even trade off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

precision posted:

I was told that Outsourced got way less racist as it went along, but even so it was very not funny.

It was apparently adapted from a indie film that no one saw?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425326/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

I have to admit I kind of faded off on watching Archer hit-and-miss largely because I thought they were going to go Frisky Dingo with it and take it right on over the edge full-throttle at it went on, but instead, they started trying to add serious/sweet moments to it, and develop some ongoing relationship drama plot lines, and it just doesn't work for me.

The closest they got was the cocaine season, hampered only by the fact the creators were uncomfortable with having them sell cocaine so just kept repeating the Pam Eats Everything gag. It just feels like they've been playing it more and more safe.

This thread has reminded me I need to watch the rest of the last season, but man, I do in fact miss Frisky Dingo.

The worst is that they did a spin-off to FD, called The XTacles, and told them that if the ratings were good for the two eps produced, they go into a series. Then Adult Swim dumped it one night with zero promotion and said "Welp, no one watched it. Too bad. No series."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

I bought the DVD set a few years back, it's enjoyable, but doesn't really hold up anymore, and it felt like it ran out of steam about 2/3 through the season.

I do love that they solved the mystery of the Orb and John Bly in the first season instead of dragging it out.

• Locked thread