Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Jericho ended at exactly the right time. There's no way they could possibly have done justice to the Second American Civil War.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

TheDon01 posted:

Mission Hill

It was basically an animated sitcom but had a lot different about it. Had a gay couple next door that wasn't a walking "lol they gay" joke and Brian Posehn as Jim was fantastic.

I heard a rumor a while back that the company that made the ink's for this show's color palette went under and it couldn't be brought back and be the same. Don't know how true that is for color matching, but it's been gone so long now that there isn't a chance to return anyway.

I loved Mission Hill so much and it might have resonated with me more than any other TV show. Especially when Andy visited Jim's work and responded with "My generation played a really mean trick on me. I thought we were all goofing off together, but everybody else snuck out to get rich while I was sleeping."

Wally and Gus were great characters. Although the first thing that comes to mind when I think of them was Gus yelling "Ya cheap gay bastard! These things are gonna fly right off!" after Wally apparently bought cheap condoms.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

KatWithHands posted:

Man, I used to love this show back when they marathoned it daily on Spike TV. Am I correct in remembering that it just sort of faded away and didn't get renewed following 9/11 and that really awkward question hanging over the writers' heads? It's probably just a coincidence, but I always remember it as that show that got cancelled because there was no way to get around Frank stopping/not stopping 9/11.

As I remember, it had a lot of problems on set and one of the series leads walked away, so it was quietly put out to pasture.

It ended in May 2001. The no fourth season edict would have had to come down way before 9/11

Sash! fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Sep 7, 2015

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

GobiasIndustries posted:

Oh man, I'm happy to be the 1st person to bring up Frisky Dingo. The show was set for a 2nd season but Adult Swim decided not to renew for some stupid reason. This also probably explains why, by the end, most of the main cast is killed off and the plot goes completely bananas off the rail.

Frisky Dingo did have a second season.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Davros1 posted:

The worst is that they did a spin-off to FD, called The XTacles, and told them that if the ratings were good for the two eps produced, they go into a series. Then Adult Swim dumped it one night with zero promotion and said "Welp, no one watched it. Too bad. No series."

And somehow those episodes were crammed to the walls with INCREDIBLE LINES.

Every single thing anyone said about Rapier Ape eclipsed everything else in Frisky Dingo.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

IRQ posted:

The Event was garbage but it came 5 years after the LOST clone fad. In fact LOST ended before The Event started. I don't think it was related to LOST, just a terrible idea.

But it had the best last five minutes of every episode, tricking you into next week without fail!

The finale took that concept to the next level and I laughed and I laughed and I laughed.

I thought it had a good premise and some good moments, but they had basically a movie's worth of ideas they accidentally used as a TV series.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Man, I did not know Outer Limits was only two seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Balance the equation :colbert:

• Locked thread