Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Party Plane Jones posted:

Then there's weird reasons for cancelling, like Luck killing horses during production.

According to David Milch, the show was wildly over-budget and his creative and personal relationship with Mann was awful (he was forbidden from even going to the set). So the show was already going to hell, the horse thing was just the cherry on top.

Pedro De Heredia fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Sep 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

frenton posted:

At the same time I was watching this I watched How to Make it in America which I thought was hip and cute and funny but everyone else tells me it was really really bad.

I liked that show but it was inconsequential. It does not belong in either 'cancelled before their time' or 'should have ended earlier', it really could have just ended at any point or kept going and it wouldn't have mattered too much.

The second season I remember wasn't as much fun, and they were doing what, some ugly t-shirts or something?

Irish Joe posted:

She and Bill are from Arkansas. You do the math.

Good joke, but she is not from Arkansas.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

computer parts posted:

Eh, it got to that point where it's mostly running on day to day relationship drama that you see in a lot of series. For example, Bones is now all about how they're married and have a kid and another one along the way and oh also they solve murders sometimes.

This is more for the other thread, but how in God's name has Bones lasted like 10 seasons or however long it's been on?

• Locked thread