Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

J-Spot posted:

I like the whole Unremarkable X-Men premise this has going, but it's dragged down by what is so far an uninteresting story and the same lovely jokes getting hammered over and over. Yuu's sister makes disgusting meals with pizza sauce, we get it already.

The first episode kind of tricked me into thinking Yuu would be a super powered sociopath and I'm disappointed they didn't keep that up. Dude intentionally crashes a truck into a building to trick a girl into liking him, then suddenly he's completely neutered by Nao.

"A character does something terrible with food and no one will call them on it" is as much a dumb Maedaism as literally everyone having a tragic backstory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I liked that he was watching Angel Beats in the manga cafe.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I wonder if Maeda wrote that song too. Seemed like his level of engrish in those lyrics.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
the start of a maeda ending

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Its sort of weird since I seem to recall the concerts that occurred in Angel Beats were more concerty, (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l1apVaZJZ0) rather than rock fans sitting calmly in rows of folding chairs.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Was that the last episode? If so it was definitely a "we sure hope we have a second season" last episode.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
i checked the op after and it said 13 episodes, so yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Either they fixed it quickly or I'm just not observant, since it seemed fine to me.

Anyway, show was okay.

Blhue fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 26, 2015

• Locked thread