Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

InspectorCarbonara posted:

One of the things that was really interesting to me at the start of this show was the idea that the all of the powers had some sort of flaw to them that essentially stopped their users from going off and being super heroes but after Yuu, Nao and Joujirou they kind of just forgot about that idea. I guess the flaw to Yusa's power is that she seemingly has no control over when she is possessed so her power is actively a bad thing for her, but her sister's fire power seems perfectly fine and all of the one-off characters had no problems with their powers outside of the fact that they will eventually go away.

Most of the one-off characters we've seen so far have had pretty mundane powers, though. Taking pictures of people without their clothes might make you a good TSA agent, but it's not going to make you a good superhero. The abilities that you could call superpowers have drawbacks, save for Yusa's sister's fire abilities. The flying kid in this episode, for instance, didn't seem to have a lot of control over his powers. What little they showed made him look very Pumaman-esque and graceless.

InspectorCarbonara also posted:

Also is there ever going to be a character called Charlotte in this series or did they just pluck that name out of a hat?

This does seem like the kind of anime that just picked the name because it sounds nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
God drat, I wasn't expecting this show to go all Nevada on us. It's going to be hell waiting an entire week to see what happens.

J-Spot posted:

Nao continues to own.

Nao is definitely one the best protagonists of the summer.

Spoilered for being a great scene.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

CuLT posted:

This is totally it, and that does sound like a plot I've heard before, though all that comes to mind is Night of the Comet where everyone becomes zombies.

I would've said Maximum Overdrive, but I think your movie is more obscure, so you win.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
It's a good thing Yuu was too depressed to do anything embarrassing when he thought he was alone, or that revelation would have been incredibly awkward.

Darth Walrus posted:

Bets on Ayumi's funeral being a cover for the government getting their hands on her?

I mean, there was a lot of blood, but...

That's what I'm betting (and hoping) is the case. We haven't seen or heard anything about Nevada, so I'm guessing that was her blood.

Angry Grimace posted:

Perhaps Nao could explain why cocaine was the line Yu couldn't cross but threatening to kill people, starting gang wars with his powers and literally stabbing several people were just fine.

They were all delinquents, it's not like he was hurting people.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Misa saying goodbye to her family was really touching. This and the last episode of Wakako-zake made for two very sentimental food-based episodes. It's also very touching and tragic about the fact that Yuu sacrificed the events that would have him and Nao develop mutual feelings for each other, and their conversations in this episode drove home that she's probably never going to see him as anything but a close friend.

Phobophilia posted:

Also, just as the scientists and syndicates kidnapping ability users is a human rights violation, so is Yuu Plundering abilities. Who the gently caress gave him the right to do that? Yes, in this universe, superpowers are a liability because they are only temporary, but someone going around stripping away powers and adding them to himself is a bad thing.

Ha ha ha, what??

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
This show's nice, happy ending is exactly what I needed after Gakkou Gurashi's ending. I was expecting Yuu to die after his outburst in Arizona, so even if he and Nao have to start over again, at least he accomplished his insane goal and survived.

And, hey, Nao's brother got his brain-fixing music after all. Everything's going to be alright. :)

Kytrarewn posted:

I would have liked a few more episodes showing Yu going around the world stealing abilities in their stead.

I would have liked to have seen him raid more research facilities.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

.Clash posted:

So um they never explained how he remembered a future he never experienced. Okay.

He did experience it, then he went back in time and changed it. That's how time travel works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

.Clash posted:

His brother did, not him. When they were held by the EVIL SCIENTISTS.

Oh, that. I'm pretty sure that wasn't happening in the future, but rather the past/present that was currently being overwritten by the current timeline, which he was remembering because of Zhiend's song.

• Locked thread