Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

ChaosSora posted:

Otosaka Ayumi - Yuu's younger sister and probably meant to be the cute character of the show. Due to being the younger sister of the protagonist in the Key series her chances of survival aren't very high there is a small chance they'll surprise us

I think there are enough death flags planted on her in the OP to make her survival unlikely.

Not to mention the whole Too Kawaii For This Earth one dimensional characterisation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Kytrarewn posted:

Oh god, the pizza sauce is totally going to become a real plot point, isn't it?

Ayu runs out of Pizza Sauce. Ayu becomes ill. They went out of their way to display the two events next to one another. It's probably going to turn out that the Otosaka Special Recipe sauce includes some form of medication that keeps her from dying in some sort of horrifyingly painful way

Ugh, I hope this is not the case.

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

pandaK posted:

It's going to turn out that people get super powers from meteors which is word for word exactly from another anime or western cartoon story I'm sure.
This is totally it, and that does sound like a plot I've heard before, though all that comes to mind is Night of the Comet where everyone becomes zombies.

pandaK posted:

Poring over this OP makes me feel like I'm a regular Mother's Basement.

More like The Irregular at Mother's Basement

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Darth Walrus posted:

Well, that all went oddly smoothly. Wonder when and how the other shoe's going to drop?

Well, it looks like Ayumi's friend / spurned suitor was about to save her in the nick of time, but instead just ended up seeing the whole special-power spectacle. He also arrived in a black car, so he's probably from money.. perhaps A SYNDICATE?!

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Phobophilia posted:

Wrong person, she's from Shun's crew.

Ah, yes, didn't spot that. Never mind!

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

pandaK posted:

Most probably something of the sort, yeah. The opening starts off with a bunch of shooting stars, Charlotte's title card incorporates a shooting star in it, there are constant allusions to shooting stars throughout the OP. It's going to turn out that people get super powers from meteors which is word for word exactly from another anime or western cartoon story I'm sure.

Successfully called.

Not sure how I feel about this episode, for all the meticulous planning and knowledge of the bad guys, they sure seemed underprepared. Where was muscles? Off pulverising at the syndicate? The focal shift to Shinosuke & Co is also weird. Whole show feels weird now, especially if there's only a couple of episodes left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Ugh, this is straight into Aldnoah territory. Don't know if I'm even going to be bothered watching the last episode.

• Locked thread