Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

azren posted:

I don't even hear the videos anymore. All I hear is "Rhomer," "LOGAN," "EXPLOSIONS!!!!!!"

To be fair, why would you WANT to hear anything else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
If you watch Jade stream occasionally I gave him Logan, Rhoemer, Explosions, Cummings, and an as yet unused Torgue quote in the SF videos.

They are being used very well. The latter 3 have yet to be set up by his bot though.

edit: I've been meaning to mention I noticed Coolguye is also yelling out LOGAN when Rhoemer shows up. I am happy with this series of events.

edit2:

edit3: I updated the OP to properly reflect our journeys.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Dec 26, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Of all the candidates for this_thread.png, I think Nigel Cummings delivers.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Psion posted:

Nigel Cummings delivers.

pfbbtbtbtbtttttttttttttt :q:

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Lunethex posted:

edit: I've been meaning to mention I noticed Coolguye is also yelling out LOGAN when Rhoemer shows up. I am happy with this series of events.

I dare anyone to not at least have the urge to do so after watching this LP. Like seriously, this LP has forever ruined me to the notion of taking this series even the least bit seriously anymore and it's all thanks to Rhoemer and LOGAN!!!

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

I would think that seeing the taser in action would be enough to ruin anyone's ability to take the series seriously, it doesn't need any help from Lune in that department.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I feel this thread would appreciate the news that I'm going to be a father soon and if we have a boy, we want to name him Logan.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Leavemywife posted:

I feel this thread would appreciate the news that I'm going to be a father soon and if we have a boy, we want to name him Logan.

Will the name include several exclamation points following it on his birth certificate?

Even if no, congrats dude!

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Leavemywife posted:

Some may scoff at your decision but i do not. I promise you that at the end of this series/the lp, you will definitely appreciate the plans i have for gabe and co.

Keep this post in the back of your mind until that day comes. There will be magic :getin:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Make sure to keep him away from any taser or taser-like apparatus lest they be soul bound and immolating things in the vicinity.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Leavemywife posted:

I feel this thread would appreciate the news that I'm going to be a father soon and if we have a boy, we want to name him Bowser.

Fixed it for you.

EDIT: Comedy option:

Leavemywife posted:

I feel this thread would appreciate the news that I'm going to be a father soon and if we have a boy, we want to name him Rhomer.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

True story: I was asked "do you want to get something for lunch at ...uh... the place?" and I just said "LOOOOOOOOOOOGANNNNNNNN"

they didn't really get it

I don't care

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Leavemywife posted:

Congratulations! :neckbeard:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

We should definitely be recording tonight. In lieu of not being able to have it today, and because I consider this my most favorite edit (mostly because I put more time into this than any other episode) I want you all to see this.

You are not going to believe who is in his crosshairs this time! It's literally tearing me up every moment that is passing without this episode being seen.

PSA: currently dying because I looked into Dark Mirror & Logan's Shadow some and I was positively amazed by every thing I saw. All the momentum from this first trilogy LP is somehow leading to :magical:

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
There was a firefight?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

IT'S HERE. Posting early because I may pass out in a bit as of this posting. I hope your reaction will be along the lines of :vince: or something, at least that's what was going through my mind when I worked on it.

Update 15 - That was definitely an experience

Syphon Filter Episode 18 - Gabe's Second Testimony
Look gabe is talking to jowls mcjowlerson but then something really bad happens ok and we are in big trouble and I'm at the local doctor now for having my finger shot off.

"Wow...wow..." -Coolguye
"w-what the gently caress" -TheLastRoboKy
"I'm stunned." -Jade Star
Why don't you let TORGUE do the thinking huh genius? - Mr. Torgue

The game has changed. gently caress Rhoemer.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Dec 31, 2015

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
There WAS a firefight!

Boardroom Jimmy
Aug 20, 2006

Ahhh ballet
What the gently caress did I just watch? You brilliant bastards. I don't know how you manage to make these better every time but dammit, you do it. Thanks for introducing me to Mr. Torgue, by the way.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

What was the 'oh god don't walk up the sides' song?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I keep saying Lune needs therapy and every update is more bills. This update is overtime pay.

also jade, there are guided mortar rounds and there was a proposal to replace the 105 howitzer on an AC-130 with a 120mm mortar. So there's that for you.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Perfect way to start a new year.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
:psyduck: I think not recognising the source material made that one a miss for me, to be honest. The valley thing was kind of bullshit though.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

That....was simply beautiful. :allears:

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Psion posted:

also jade, there are guided mortar rounds and there was a proposal to replace the 105 howitzer on an AC-130 with a 120mm mortar. So there's that for you.

Not in 1987

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
I cannot stop loving laughing. Goddammit, Lune.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Jade Star posted:

Not in 1987

Lian Xing is just ahead of the curve, okay

azren
Feb 14, 2011

This was, as always, beautiful.

Psion posted:

I keep saying Lune needs therapy and every update is more bills. This update is overtime pay.

"CALL MY THERAPIST! TELL HIM HE'S A RICH MAN!"

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Yapping Eevee posted:

:psyduck: I think not recognising the source material made that one a miss for me, to be honest. The valley thing was kind of bullshit though.
I had no idea what that source material was but I still pissed myself laughing out of utter confusion.

It was a good firefight. Now I finally know where that drat quote is from but yeah what a loving trainwreck that was.

I think what I love most about this LP is how much actual FUN you guys are having, this is one of the few LPs I've seen of late where the LPers are just legitimately having fun with the casual absurdity of the game in its scripting and joke potential. We need more of these and I am so happy you guys are here. :)

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

What do you mean by trainwreck?

Also i dont follow the 'not knowing the source material' part. Do you mean that you didnt know the movie? I read every comment and post obsessively so if you have feedback for future episodes ill look into it.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
It's the Boondock Saints.

Watch it.

It's great.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Lunethex posted:

What do you mean by trainwreck?

the valley part = trainwreck

as in all the instakill poo poo it pulled on you

also true story: Lune told me he got a phone call from John Chacon, asking to meet at The Place. And thus, this LP was born.

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jan 3, 2016

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

bman in 2288 posted:

It's the Boondock Saints.

Watch it.

It's great.
Ahhhh, gotcha, thank you, yes I meant the live-action part where there was a firefight.

Good to know where I can go find it then, thanks!

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Roboky is a national treasure.

Update 16 - TheLastRoboKy

Syphon Filter Episode 19 - Australia|(28:30)
Lian gets intimate with the beautiful Australian Outback and kills lots of mean people dressed up as medics who are testing the final strain of Syphon Filter on the aborigines. Along the way lots of mistakes are made and Tony Abbott becomes a hot topic.

Oh man we're getting closer to Omega Strain. There's only two updates left for SF3!

I wish all 4 of us could play co-op :(

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

time until The Place: 3 seconds

time until Roboky notices it: ???

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Okay, so I kind of missed it in the madness that was Gabe's 2nd testimony, but...Lunethex, what did you do that resulted in needing your finger reattached? :stare:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
It is a joke about the Boondock Saints sketch. The Saint with Lune's face on him lost a few fingers in the shootout.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Coolguye posted:

It is a joke about the Boondock Saints sketch. The Saint with Lune's face on him lost a few fingers in the shootout.
Oh, okay. I mistakenly thought he had a finger shot off in real life.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Yeah that entire sketch is how he strongarmed me and Roboky into playing a game that we've never touched in our lives, so any questions can probably be referred to it. Any questions that are not answered by that sketch can be answered by this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNd5sOZSkH4

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

I think this was the mission where I finally understood what the point of Syphon Filter was, and it horrified me legit as a kid in that it's basically a programmable ethnic cleansing virus.

drat THAT'S EDGY YO but yeah this was a fun mission for me, I think this is actually my fave section of Syphon Filter 3 not the least for having all those cool-rear end Aborigines with the amazing names to rescue. I kept hoping for one of those names to just get so long it fills the entire screen's width because some of them get pretty intense.

Also holy poo poo you're right about Tony Abbott's doppelganger that's loving exact :stonk: fits appropriately for the fucker he is.

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jan 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

FinalGamer posted:

Also holy poo poo you're right about Tony Abbott's doppelganger that's loving exact :stonk: fits appropriately for the fucker he is.

Doppelgangers.

Telling people to look up The Twins and Tony Abbott together is one of my hobbies, though I have to warn people about the nudity and then explain before they search that no, The Twins aren't two young people and you're not getting put on a watch list.

That mission was fun but when I first agreed to do it I was expecting to have to time sink a lot to get good enough that the game wouldn't be constantly sodomizing me from start to finish (much like they threaten you with in Outlast!). In the end I spent about five minutes learning the controls, ran both my missions once to get a general path plotted out and an understanding of what I was up against. I was pleasantly surprised I didn't do too horribly. It probably helps the mission areas were small (if not so shrouded in draw distance getting lost was a constant issue) and there was less bullshit than what I saw Lune getting rolled by half the time when he goes down.

Horrible fact though, regular soldiers in that first section infinitely respawn and very quickly too. Lune warned me about it but I wasn't ready for just how fast they actually respawned.

• Locked thread