Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
:allears: Logan... :allears:

It was too much for me to not post now. gently caress my sleep schedule, there's a lot of work to do to prepare this video. Recording may or may not happen but drat it I will have this done, I have A LOT of poo poo I need to prep.

quote:

12:17 AM - Coolguy: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhahahahahahahahaahaha
12:17 AM - Coolguy: ahahhahahahahahahahahaha
12:17 AM - Coolguy: AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHA

quote:

12:17 AM - TheLastRoboKy: So many things sinister about that

The taser is an unfortunate habit

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Lunethex posted:

:allears: Logan... :allears:

It was too much for me to not post now. gently caress my sleep schedule, there's a lot of work to do to prepare this video. Recording may or may not happen but drat it I will have this done, I have A LOT of poo poo I need to prep.

The taser is an unfortunate habit
Wow, where'd you find someone who sounded just like Logan to record that dialogue you obviously wrote yourself?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

ArchWizard posted:

Wow, where'd you find someone who sounded just like Logan to record that dialogue you obviously wrote yourself?

It's like you took the words right out of my mouth.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I still need a forest fist fighting movie scene of some kind. I saved my bacon by being able to find a video of something I was going to do in RE4. Had to lift it because I can't even find the loving mod I needed to do it. I was preparing an all nighter of just playing start to finish on it to get that particular footage but I'm saved :D

Two things left, forest fist fight IF POSSIBLE, it's not a total loss, and I have to play some of DARK MIRROR! to get the final bit of closing footage. After that, it's locking the door, digging deep, and banging out what is sure to be our wildest video yet. Nigel Cummings won't know what hit him.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
If you want a fist fight in a forest, there's a good one about 25 minutes into a Japanese action movie called Versus. Couldn't find any clips of it on Youtube, though.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

At this point I'd settle for any brutal fist fight. If there's any good ones out there, post ASAP because I'm editing right now.

Also this

Pictures speak thousands of words. This one is speaking in many demonic ones.

edit: working on the Versus clip, will be a while before I can gauge it. I have, actually, two movie clips I'll be plastering over :v:

I'll spoil the other: James Bond. OF COURSE IT IS, It will be, in :torgue:'s language, AWESOME.

The :torgue: emoticon pretty much sums up the entire thread imo.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 14, 2016

Nacho
Oct 26, 2010
It's kinda a foresty fist fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvmbR9UL8iY

npc.EXE
Oct 21, 2010

Go on, taste it.
If it's not too late The Hunted has several forest based fights that might have what you're looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCUmom8u1Hg

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Versus did work out spectacularly. Thank you for the suggestions. Still might find a use for it eventually :D

The upload is happening right now, so within the hour or maybe the next, I will be delivering a real movie night experience. I think this is the best episode yet. Easily. Not a single moment passes that isn't absurd. Then there is Roboky absolutely losing it, which is never bad.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Update 24 - drat IT

-Syphon Filter Omega Strain Episode 6-1 - Zurich, Montenegro
Logan takes center stage as he hunts for clues linking Niculescu to the Syphon Filter conspiracy. Having found no evidence, he travels to Mihai's villa for answers, finding his only surviving nemesis in the process and treating her to a fantastic experience.
-Syphon Filter Omega Strain Episode 6-2 - Ukraine
The IPCA, having located Ivankov's nuclear missile base that he purchased from the North Koreans, set out to shut down the launch of his missile before he starts World War 3 by demolishing Moscow. gently caress this level god damnit
-Syphon Filter Omega Strain Episode 6-3 - After-Action Report
I'M IN CHARGE NOW
-Syphon Filter Omega Strain Episode 6-4 - Codec Calls (Zurich, Montenegro, Ukraine)
-Syphon Filter Omega Strain - Elsa's Final Deposition

Everything is good. Life is good, and the Syphon Filter conspiracy is dead. Finally! But there's still TWO games left, just another day at work for Gabriel 'loving' Logan. Man, we're up to 50 videos in the playlist on my channel now, that's pretty cool.

Thanks to nine-gear crow for Aviators on Logan :v:

[Pre-Zurich News][Post-Zurich News]
[Pre-Montenegro News][Post-Montenegro News]
[Pre-Ukraine News][Post-Ukraine News]

[FINAL ZEUS]

Also, in closing, I told Coolguye I was going to present a compelling case for an avatar for Roboky. It must combine this stupid poo poo-eating face with this to be like this. I'm bad at photoshop.

The subtitle should be "Gabe, you are the hazard. You are the biohazard" or "This thing is just like Satan's Spaghetti it just has access to the infinite dimension of cruelty there's nothing standard issue about this thing"

Something like that. There are many great Roboky quotes out there.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 15, 2016

Boardroom Jimmy
Aug 20, 2006

Ahhh ballet
I don't know if you're planning on showing it off but the Stone bonus mission from Dark Mirror has a slight variation if you play it on the highest difficulty in the game.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Khary Payton voiced Mujari? Great, now I can't watch him without hearing him say "BOOYAH!" all the time.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Boardroom Jimmy posted:

I don't know if you're planning on showing it off but the Stone bonus mission from Dark Mirror has a slight variation if you play it on the highest difficulty in the game.

I was playing it on hard though.

Boardroom Jimmy
Aug 20, 2006

Ahhh ballet

Lunethex posted:

I was playing it on hard though.
Are you playing the original PSP version or the PS2 port? I know you're emulating but which one are you using. Because when they ported Dark Mirror, they made some changes to get it down to a T rating.

Basically, what will happen is that after you take out the snipers, Mara and Elsa will suddenly be in their underwear. There's a bunch of other little details in that level as well. For example, if you only manage to kill Mara instead of the double head shot, Else will run out of the hotel and get hit by a car. You actually need to do that for one of the ratings which is connected to environmental kills. Oh, and each level for Dark Mirror has some hidden evidence that sheds some background on what's happening in each level. One of the one's in this level is found by going into the bathroom. Essentially, Stone chose that location because it's close to the bathroom and he's an old man who needs to have one nearby at all times.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

wtf

i guess i really need to play the psp version

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
You know who also always played it on hard?

Okay but in all seriousness I feel like this one was the weakest of the SF games we've played so far cause of the whole "make a single player in a multiplayer" game thing. It had some fantastic moments but drat if it didn't want to fight Lune all the way to get through it. That ending with Mara though. Stone cold but also righteous, I dig it. Looking forwards to Dark Mirror to see just how weird/fun it gets.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Lunethex posted:

Also, in closing, I told Coolguye I was going to present a compelling case for an avatar for Roboky. It must combine this stupid poo poo-eating face with this to be like this. I'm bad at photoshop.

The subtitle should be "Gabe, you are the hazard. You are the biohazard" or "This thing is just like Satan's Spaghetti it just has access to the infinite dimension of cruelty there's nothing standard issue about this thing"

Something like that. There are many great Roboky quotes out there.

version 1: what i am even doing anymore

version 2: i'm too lazy to actually finish this so i'll post a half rear end result and deal with the consequences later

edit: I just got an idea! I won't act on it until later.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 16, 2016

Jegan
Nov 5, 2009

Boardroom Jimmy posted:

Are you playing the original PSP version or the PS2 port? I know you're emulating but which one are you using. Because when they ported Dark Mirror, they made some changes to get it down to a T rating.

Basically, what will happen is that after you take out the snipers, Mara and Elsa will suddenly be in their underwear. There's a bunch of other little details in that level as well. For example, if you only manage to kill Mara instead of the double head shot, Else will run out of the hotel and get hit by a car. You actually need to do that for one of the ratings which is connected to environmental kills. Oh, and each level for Dark Mirror has some hidden evidence that sheds some background on what's happening in each level. One of the one's in this level is found by going into the bathroom. Essentially, Stone chose that location because it's close to the bathroom and he's an old man who needs to have one nearby at all times.

You also need to take out the 3 guards from stealth, which needs to be done in a certain order. Guy in the window, guy on the roof, and guy by the front door.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

How the hell do I do that, as soon as you drop one they all knew where I was :mad:

At least on the PS2 version. Don't worry this will all be corrected when Dark Mirror begins.

InfinityComplex posted:

version 1: what i am even doing anymore

version 2: i'm too lazy to actually finish this so i'll post a half rear end result and deal with the consequences later

edit: I just got an idea! I won't act on it until later.

:love: :shepspends::love:

Jegan
Nov 5, 2009
That's why you need to do it in a specific order. The one in the window can spot if the one on the roof dies. The one on the roof can spot if the one by the front door dies, and can only see you if you walk onto the balcony. You need to wait for him to turn away so you can get on the balcony to kill the one in the window. Once that's done, the other two are simple.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

I haven't added the taser blunt yet but ahahahahhahaha the loving elf's face fits Rhoemer's head so god drat well.

edit:

There's a teeny, tiny, small difference between the two. Can you guess what?

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Apr 17, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Those are loving magical, InfinityComplex. Just saying.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

That's terror.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

TheLastRoboKy posted:

That's terror.

Number two, That's Terror.

Number Three - BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Lunethex posted:

Number two, That's Terror.

Number Three - BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Oh man I completely forgot that ends in tazing.

Man, this Nether-realm Noodle really is here to stay in my existence.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Well done.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Oh man I completely forgot that ends in tazing.

Man, this Nether-realm Noodle really is here to stay in my existence.
I will miss Metroplex and his breakfast snacks, though. :smith:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Exxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

edit: I hope you enjoy the legacy you now carry RoboKy.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 17, 2016

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
the forbidden rhoemer triple elf taser

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

InfinityComplex posted:

edit:

There's a teeny, tiny, small difference between the two. Can you guess what?

I give up. What's the difference?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

There's a face in one of them, someone said. But I just see a difference in shading. I zoomed them in on my browser and flipped tabs over and over but only saw a difference in lighting :/

Below:

You are a monster. I knew I chose the proper variant :allears:

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Apr 17, 2016

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

It's not a difference in shading but rather something is overlayed on top of the original image. What was the one thing that scourged Coolguye for the last year?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Well, I guess this is my life now. Also thank you, it's amazing!

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

InfinityComplex posted:

It's not a difference in shading but rather something is overlayed on top of the original image. What was the one thing that scourged Coolguye for the last year?

I see it but I can't identify it. What is that overlay?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Hivac posted:

the forbidden rhoemer triple elf taser

As much as he's joking, he's correct about this. There are 3 elves in that image.

Well I guess 2 people asking is enough.

I hope you enjoy life with your new fiancee, RoboKy!

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I'm having difficulties with the penultimate games of Syphon Filter.

The PSP version is crashing at the end of the third training mission and I can't solve it. On top of that, there may be more crashes in store when I go to play the main game and Logan's Shadow, I was reading up on the very unhelpful, unsolved, and uninformative grand total of two threads about this issue on the internet. What's even more insulting is how the loving PSP emulator is up to 1.2.1 from my 0.9.9.1 version and it's not fixed.

But I refuse to give up my godTaser-given right to set people on fire and play a censored product. It's aggravating but I'll have to play both versions, because if there is a crash somewhere I'll have to sub in footage.

edit: actually no the bigger insult is how the latest version runs the game worse than the version I've been using.

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
that's OK lune. from what I saw of this the series should have ended at 3 with logan tasering mara to death anyway.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Finally had a chance to watch the last update, holy loving god drat there was a lot of death and tasering and it was glorious. If nothing else, points to whoever on the Omega Strain team decided that one radio clip of Gabe actually acknowledging that his favorite weapon sets people on loving fire, because they clearly deserved a raise.

Speaking of the taser, I couldn't help but notice that out of literally everyone ever encountered in the Syphon Filter games, Gabe himself is the single person that Lune never tased to immolation when granted an opportunity. I don't know whether to call it respect or fear of what Gabe would do back if he tried.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Derek Barona posted:

Finally had a chance to watch the last update, holy loving god drat there was a lot of death and tasering and it was glorious. If nothing else, points to whoever on the Omega Strain team decided that one radio clip of Gabe actually acknowledging that his favorite weapon sets people on loving fire, because they clearly deserved a raise.

Speaking of the taser, I couldn't help but notice that out of literally everyone ever encountered in the Syphon Filter games, Gabe himself is the single person that Lune never tased to immolation when granted an opportunity. I don't know whether to call it respect or fear of what Gabe would do back if he tried.

You cannot set ablaze what already burns. And Gabriel Logan burns with a hatred for the enemies of the Taser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Derek Barona posted:

Tasing Gabe Logan would probably result in some kind of never before seen temporal feedback loop that rips the space-time continuum to shreds over and over again.

• Locked thread