Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
This was one of the series I followed back in the PSOne days, and I still find it befuddling that it was allowed to fester on the PSP instead of moving forward with the various PlayStations. In a lot of ways, they're ahead of their time; looking at them in 2015, they're graphically rough as hell, and Gabe's immensely flammable outfit used to drive me up the wall, but the action's smooth as hell and the cast of characters is way ahead of its time.

I just looked up what the developers have been doing lately and I guess they're the ones behind the Uncharted game on the Vita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

I'd forgotten how much I enjoy Gabe Logan's voice acting. I have no idea who the actor is, but somehow he's got the perfect amount of "rugged badass" in his voice; he skips right up against the edge of self-parody but never quite goes over. It's amazing.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Psion posted:

I'm surprised - he could've used this game as a springboard into the wonderful low-pay, high-stress, long-hours work of professional videogame voiceover artist!

oh wait

probably a good move

They don't make that little money.

Although a lot of them also do cartoons.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

IIRC, Dark Mirror and Logan's Shadow were both written by Greg Rucka.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

I always liked how much more Lian does in the second and third games, and Gabe's occasional sense of humor. "I don't know. I'm making this up as I go." Teresa's also pretty cool.

In retrospect, Syphon Filter 2 feels a little like a proto-Uncharted 2, with the train sequence and, IIRC, the final boss trying to play the moral equivalence game.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

I thought it was earlier in the series than this, but all the MGS jokes in the LP may get a little funnier after SF3 when Kim Mai Guest takes over as Lian's voice actress. She played Mei Ling, and has probably been in about a dozen other games you like.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Edit: never mind.

Wanderer fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

azren posted:

Apparently, I haven't been paying enough attention to what's happening. How so?

The militia standoff in Oregon hit a flash point the other day with the arrest of its leader and several members, one of whom appears to have effectively committed suicide-by-cop during his arrest.

• Locked thread