Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Guys I had to put Benton on leave with pay for a day he was wiring the place up with bombs and painting "I'm a traitor" on the walls in the blood of agents he lead to their deaths? I'm thinking we might need to sit him down and talk about agency pride? But don't be too pushy about it. We don't want to upset him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I'm still completely and utterly flabbergasted by this box-filled death-science cathedral full of exploding chandeliers with its digestive system tunnels.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Seriously that's not a boss fight it's the game dragging your inner child who loves video games down to Uncle Touchy's Puzzle Basement.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Coolguye posted:

anticipating the question: yes, he chose that skype avatar purely because it pissed me off.

It's what you deserve for what you put me through with that War in the North project we aborted due to technical difficulties.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

And we all thought that Syphon Filter 2 had the most thrilling train-wreck.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

FinalGamer posted:

Also holy poo poo you're right about Tony Abbott's doppelganger that's loving exact :stonk: fits appropriately for the fucker he is.

Doppelgangers.

Telling people to look up The Twins and Tony Abbott together is one of my hobbies, though I have to warn people about the nudity and then explain before they search that no, The Twins aren't two young people and you're not getting put on a watch list.

That mission was fun but when I first agreed to do it I was expecting to have to time sink a lot to get good enough that the game wouldn't be constantly sodomizing me from start to finish (much like they threaten you with in Outlast!). In the end I spent about five minutes learning the controls, ran both my missions once to get a general path plotted out and an understanding of what I was up against. I was pleasantly surprised I didn't do too horribly. It probably helps the mission areas were small (if not so shrouded in draw distance getting lost was a constant issue) and there was less bullshit than what I saw Lune getting rolled by half the time when he goes down.

Horrible fact though, regular soldiers in that first section infinitely respawn and very quickly too. Lune warned me about it but I wasn't ready for just how fast they actually respawned.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Dusty is my favourite character somehow.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Turns out the most efficient form of murder is apathetic strafing. Who knew?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Don't worry, we have our top agent on a deep infiltration of the enemy rear lines. I just hope he doesn't blow his cover too soon.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Jade would be there one second and gone the next only to reappear five minutes later with everything on fire around him.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Spudd posted:

So turns out the Taser has left the game world and has invaded real life. Lune, what have you done.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-08/man-catches-fire-after-being-tasered-by-police-in-riverstone/7229874

Lunethex posted:

Of course it's in Australia :kiddo:

I had a feeling it was going to end like this.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

T.A.S.E.R. probably just stands for Taser tAser taSer tasEr taseR

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

My suspension of disbelief stretched way too far and I just couldn't handle it.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

You know who did a good enough job?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Thefluffy posted:

I love how we have to preserve the lives of terrorists that want to unleash super Ebola on the world.

They have families. Probably.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Nothing like good old fashioned last minute meddling to grind the shine off of a title.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

You know who also always played it on hard?

Okay but in all seriousness I feel like this one was the weakest of the SF games we've played so far cause of the whole "make a single player in a multiplayer" game thing. It had some fantastic moments but drat if it didn't want to fight Lune all the way to get through it. That ending with Mara though. Stone cold but also righteous, I dig it. Looking forwards to Dark Mirror to see just how weird/fun it gets.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

That's terror.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Lunethex posted:

Number two, That's Terror.

Number Three - BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Oh man I completely forgot that ends in tazing.

Man, this Nether-realm Noodle really is here to stay in my existence.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Well, I guess this is my life now. Also thank you, it's amazing!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Someone in the US Government went over the paperwork, saw what the Agency was doing and went "I'm sorry but why do we have a War Crimes division?"

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

The reason the Taser doesn't set anyone on fire any more is because Gabe doesn't own the original taser any more. You think a train could kill Avitus? He's the most powerful accountant that ever lived, sent from a grim-dark future. He grabbed it as he was knocked into the path of the train, which then launched him forwards in time once more because if Japanese media has taught me anything trains are loving MAGICAL. What Logan wields now is a mere fragment of that power. A sliver of its energies. The memory of his master that trails back through time and space. A shadow of its former self.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I was actually referring to the execution of Jang Song Thaek, though I might have confused his death and the death of this other guy. Of course the hilarious thing about looking up Jang Song Thaek's execution is that at first reports were that he was 'fed to 120 wild dogs' and everyone bought that.

I did see an unsubstantiated liveleak video of a dude bound on his knees disappearing in a haze of red mist that was purported to be the defense minister guy but honestly it's North Korea so it's all an amazing mystery and I'm just going to accept I'm wrong and perpetuating hilarious untruths and no one from North Korea will ever come out and prove me wrong because they aren't allowed to use the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

A wild ride I've enjoyed thoroughly. I knew about this game in passing before it started but yeah, a crazy cool little ride of spy fiction that rather sadly chugs out towards the end with a whimper. Thank god-tasers Lune fixed that.

• Locked thread