Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I have the Syphon Filter games. I am hilariously bad at the Syphon Filter games. Please continue with the LP so I can experience the game as a semi-competent person would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I never finished SF2. Hype, I have. Though I will ask how you think Omega Strain is fun, because when I played it when it came out, it was fairly terrible. At the very least, I did not like it at all, though the PSP games were much more serviceable.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Coolguye posted:

potassium chloride is the chemical of choice for causing cardiac arrest in lethal injections because of its reactions with cardiac tissue

so uh

that's a thing that is not harmless

Better than gettng tased to death, methinks.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Lunethex posted:

You can't even reach Top Brass ranks without those team objectives too. I'll never be as cool as Gabe unless I cheat :mad:

Omega Strain isn't worth the effort to play legit. Coming from someone who always failed to get an online partner to do the online stuff with.

Again, what were they thinking when they made this game? The PS2 networking at the time definitely didn't have a lot of people online.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Lunethex posted:

Going to record the next video(s) tomorrow, starting SF2 at our usual pace. If you know anything about the game and want to send in a request/challenge/condition I'll make it happen! ..if it doesn't interfere with the Taser's commandments of course!

Please don't miss an opportunity to be METAL AS HELL. This game is hard, but it can be oh so satisfying at times.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Lunethex posted:

I wanted to use Level Select because there is a single post on the internet assuring me that the taser can be picked up on this certain level and I can't find it after combing through both of them 100%. Then the game developers tell me to tough it out.

That is rude :mad:

I was surprised to see this message is all. The irony is that there are other cheats in the game and it apparently doesn't block those :v:

You must become a true hero, Lune. You must become... the taser itself.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Wait, a lust for revenge? WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?!

Great to see this start out strong. That MGSV credits gag really had me going. If I weren't sick, I'd still be laughing.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Lunethex posted:

:lol:

I think I might need to change this to a "Let's break" LP because of something that happens in the next episode. There's a part where Gabe chases a dude and is firing at him for scenic effect. If you equip certain weapons he won't shoot...like grenades.

So I hacked in a weapon you're not supposed to get for that part and gave myself ammo for it.

The result was absolutely amazing :getin:

It was actually an idea I had for Disc 1's bonus video, where I'm going to hack in all the weapons and try to gently caress with the game's scripting, see what I can do. This is gonna be sick :haw:

Beautiful.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Looks Russian.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Well, the sniper is lefty-style, so he has to hold it southpaw so that he doesn't burn his face with the spent casings.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Every time I see "Rhoemer", I'm going to be imagining him saying "LOGAN!" now with the glowing red eyes, and it's entirely your fault, Lune.

I hope you're happy.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Watch Terminator 2 is the main point of of today's episode.

That, and Air Taser is an unrelenting god of electricity, and by extension, horrific burning with fire.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Lunethex posted:

Fixed that for you.

Already downloaded the Revision mod, man. Now just gotta find a way to make everything less black.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Let him suffer.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Lunethex posted:

I have the next episode ready to edit but I have the shittiest schedule imaginable for editing this week. I won't get a day off til thursday & friday so I'm hoping we can record on Wednesday night again.

Either way, the M-79 features prominently.

And that is a Very Good Thing™.

Hello explosions, my old friend. I've come to BOOM with you again.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Derek Barona posted:

Gabe played college ball, y'know?

And it seems that Rhoemer was his college rival. Internationally. Despite the rest of the world not playing American Football.

...maybe he knew Armstrong in his college days?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

FinalGamer posted:

Wow I can't believe my internal guess of Rhoemer's theme klezmers was right. I love that theme so much, it's charmingly disarming despite LOOOOOOOOGAAAAAAN

He may be dead, but his eternal attempts of gunning for Logan will probably follow us into the 3rd game. And beyond.

Speaking of which, the 3rd game is the beginning of the Syphon Filter games I never finished. Never could get into Omega Strain, either. But that's all you, now, Lune, buddy, pal, friend, taser-wielder.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Altman Be Tased

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I also agree that Rhoemer's haunting spirit is really only interested in loving with LOOOOGAANNNNNNNN, and let's face it, he really only messed with Lian the first time because it would gently caress with Logan.

Also, I was wondering, do you think the taser can ignite War Crimes Gas? Because that would be hella sticking-it-to-Rhoemer-even-in-his-death.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Lunethex posted:

Demons are immune to fire.

I know this because D&D says so :smug:

Never played it, so I'll take your word on it.

Kind of sad that I never really played SF3 myself, because I always enjoyed seeing how you're supposed to do things, as opposed to how I eventually beat the first game (bang head against wall until wall falls) and the second (watched a friend do i).

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
And I thought the Vz. 61 was supposed to be less powerful than the 9mm due to it's smaller caliber and stuff.

I guess the Taser imbued it with some of its power.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Lunethex posted:

I spent my day recording and editing. I went off the deep end again ala Episode 9 but much less so.

Is it any wonder why the levels we can play as Gabe are all the most interesting and have the most editing opportunities? It just isn't Syphon Filter without scripting or at least dialogue & interactions to mess with, and it helps that we have the Gabe & Rhoemer rivalry to carry us. Tentatively teasing Thursday for this one. Then it's only two weeks away from my promised Surprises.

Here is a sneak peek to stir the imagination

Don't forget that the Worm always refers to Chance, the scroungy little traitorous gently caress :)

I've acquired extra anticipation for the next update, anticipation still not at max.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Lune, you almost killed me today. I literally lost the ability to breathe due to laughing so hard, I was sure my lungs were gonna turn inside-out.

You're all diamonds, guys.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Psion posted:

"How do I have this taser?"
"You cheated" in unison deadpan from you and Jade

Oh, I loved that part, too. I almost said the same thing to myself, at my laptop, when you guys said it.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Leavemywife posted:

I feel this thread would appreciate the news that I'm going to be a father soon and if we have a boy, we want to name him Logan.

Will the name include several exclamation points following it on his birth certificate?

Even if no, congrats dude!

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
There was a firefight?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
There WAS a firefight!

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
It's the Boondock Saints.

Watch it.

It's great.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Lunethex posted:

Ive been meaning to ask but is there anything that the thread thinks i could do to improve the lp thus far? i know syphon filter isnt the most well known but ive been interested in encouraging more audience participation somehow. Just dont know how. also ill do a stream tomorrow of the sf3 minigame. Phoneposting but will get details tonight.

Well, as long as you guys are having MAXIMUM FUN, that seems to be what gets us going. Just like Nigel Cummings.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Kibayasu posted:

This one doesn't start in an elevator but it does involve an elevator. I'm not sure if its a great scene since its Arrow on CW but for that show's typical fight choreography it was pretty good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syZrZ1Huu_s&t=92s

Oh, wow, that's a really good fight scene for Arrow.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I'm gonna say, the one thing I don't like about a lot of modern action movies nowadays is editing. It feels frantic, yes, but I'm not really feeling the fight, you know? It doesn't help that every time someone lands a blow, the camera angle changes just as the hit is going to land, so you don't get to see or really feel the impact. It's all just implied fighting, really. Implied fighting and a lot of camera switches.

What I'm trying to say is that Jackie Chan movies have ruined me.

But then you have those fantastic scenes from, say, Kingsmen, in the church, where we were given a single cut (though it may not have been, with smart editing) of everything going to hell immediately and we aren't ever taken away from it until it ends, no changing camera angles or anything. THAT is a good action scene, because you're in the thick of it, because you feel it, because you aren't removed from it, because of that lingering visceral imagery.

What I'm trying to say is that that one fight scene from Daredevil in the second episode is so ballin', even though I know there were cuts and careful editing around that scene.

bman in 2288 fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Feb 4, 2016

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Well done.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

InfinityComplex posted:

It's not a difference in shading but rather something is overlayed on top of the original image. What was the one thing that scourged Coolguye for the last year?

I see it but I can't identify it. What is that overlay?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Derek Barona posted:

Finally had a chance to watch the last update, holy loving god drat there was a lot of death and tasering and it was glorious. If nothing else, points to whoever on the Omega Strain team decided that one radio clip of Gabe actually acknowledging that his favorite weapon sets people on loving fire, because they clearly deserved a raise.

Speaking of the taser, I couldn't help but notice that out of literally everyone ever encountered in the Syphon Filter games, Gabe himself is the single person that Lune never tased to immolation when granted an opportunity. I don't know whether to call it respect or fear of what Gabe would do back if he tried.

You cannot set ablaze what already burns. And Gabriel Logan burns with a hatred for the enemies of the Taser.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
A pity that the port doesn't allow for good things and fun. Two sticks instead of one would have been nice for you.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
So now we're doing Wanted now? Neat, I liked the bullet-curving did they had there. Only makes sense that the taser be able to do so.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Taser be praised.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Lunethex posted:

You forget about the grueling IPCA training program.

Technically, no one died then.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
You got to have a little faith in people Logan picked to be on his squad. It'll take more than extreme testicular trauma to kill them.

Now, horrifically scarring and destroying them for life, no doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Logan's immune to them, right? Would he try and use people immune to them as well?

Or at least people with whom it takes longer to kill, anyways.

• Locked thread