Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Oh man, I remember playing this game at a friend's house and immediately falling in love with the TAZER.
At first I was a bit disappointed that you only used it on one enemy, and then I reached the end of the video. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I wonder if the "teflon-coated bullets" thing is a reference to Lethal Weapon: the "improved armor piercing capabilities" thing is false, but I seem to recall it was the plot of the third movie.
Also add me to the list of people surprised that the taser can be used for its intended purpose in this game. :v:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
That article and the sources do confirm that teflon does not improve the ability of punching through body armors, and in fact makes it harder for a bullet to achieve penetration. :v:
It does say that it helps when hitting metal surfaces at an angle, though, and helps with barrel wear. :shobon:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
That grenade moment was just magical. :allears:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Well, this was a great LP and these last two videos were even better, and the edited in audio was spot-on. :allears:
And speaking of the edited audio, aside from the Payday 2 clips, where is that from? I think I've heard the "explosionsss!" before, but I have no idea from where.

Looking forward to the sequel. :munch:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Psion posted:

Mr. Torgue from Borderlands 2. If you're around coolguy for a while you'll know about him one way or another :v:
Thanks. I'll have to look up videos of this character. :keke:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Just after having watched the first of the two videos, I am really impressed by this game (and terrified by the new taser :stare: ) and quite a few of the things it improved on: the voice acting is better, the inclusion of the rest of the CBTC was a nice touch, the side characters are much more involved and allowing the player to control Lian in her escape was a great move especially since this is the second time that this fellow superagent was kidnapped.

Like in the previous games, the guns so far are all mostly real, with the in-game H11 being a prototype caseless assault rifle that did not enter production in real life.
Also the devs could've picked a worse fighter jet: they could've used the F-35. :v:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Lunethex posted:

you've seen the :magical:
That was amazing, by the way. :allears:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Lunethex posted:

Italian one is really bad holy poo poo.
Yeah, it's no LOOOGAAAN, even if I do have to say that for the time the dubbed voice-acting is pretty good. :shobon:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Lunethex posted:

Is there a horror movie or some movie out there that anybody knows about where someone is slowly opening a refrigerator, oven, or some other industrial kitchen thing really slowly and tensely?
Well, Ghostbusters has such a fridge-opening scene. :v:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Derek Barona posted:

There is no fridge there is only LOGAN
It's official: zhuul! is no longer the best/worst thing to see in a fridge. :allears:

Edit:
like with almost all of the weapons so far the MIL-15 is also based on a real gun, a SPAS-15 in this case.
Although real-life fragmentation rounds aren't quite that explosive. :v:

radintorov fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Nov 25, 2015

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Lunethex posted:

edit: also want to remind the thread again I love you all and I love these videos and I laugh forever when I think of them. This LP is a good thing.
This is a good thread made by good people.
...well, "good" people given the number of crimes against humanity, physics and occasionally time that happen in the videos. :v:

But that leads to some amazing hilarity, so all is forgiven. :D

radintorov fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 10, 2015

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

His service record is long, filled with all kinds of hard operations, specializing in complete penetration and exploitation of enemy security holes. This mission though is of the utmost importance, and were the enemy to perform well and erect their defenses ahead of time I fear we may have to order the agent to pull out prematurely before things become a total mess. By nature this is a slow and gentle operation, so roughness is not permissible, lest the enemy feel the agent within them and react by tightening security.
:golfclap:

Lunethex posted:

It's at this point I realize I have to stop playing for the night :v:
Stop playing? But then you might miss yet another hilarious Operation name. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
That MARS gun? It's a real thing, like almost all the guns in this game, though it didn't go into production. :v:
Oh and it's real life name is the ARES. :rolleyes:

edit:
also Jade has to watch Winter Soldier because it's a good movie, that grenade moment was amazing... and I don't know how to feel about the new voice actor for the next game.

radintorov fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 12, 2016

• Locked thread