Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

I had a pretty AI day.

I got to drive this:

To its my limits.

Thompson Speedway in CT has an exotic road course thing and I got a Groupon deal and split it with a friend. It was kind of expensive but eh, it was my first time on a track and driving an incredibly expensive car. I had a great time.

I learned a lot. Driving on a track was even harder than expected. Maybe starting with a 580hp car isn't the best but it sure was fun.

Then we went and picked up my friend's new car.

And of course :britain:

It actually runs but it's not quite ready for the street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Pham Nuwen posted:

Looks just like mine, down to the paint color (before I repainted mine). What year is it?

I got the carbs sorta tuned today and took it for a trip around the block :getin:

It's a '73. He told me it runs well but it needs stuff like the seat bolted in, a new seatbelt, and some of the lights fixed. I'm 6'0" and ~250lbs, I will drive it.

This is his second Midget. Bought the first one last summer and as he took it apart he found more and more rust. This new one is solid.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

ilkhan posted:

bought a shirt.
Wearing a blipshift shirt right now, actually. Which I do on most Fridays.

Also...TGIF.

I was wearing one when I did the track day thing with the SLS AMG. When the instructor who was going to be riding with me saw it he said "I get a little nervous every time I see someone with a Blipshift shirt." I just bought some more.

I got my first apartment! I was in New Hampshire the last few says looking at them. It wasn't too difficult, the one I ended up picking is owned by someone who recently retired from the department I'm going to be working in. He's not even bothering with a background or credit check. It's not huge but it's enough for me, I'm really excited.

I understand why some people say to avoid Craigslist for apartments. It's not that people are trying to scam or murder you, they just don't respond.

We took my mom's 2.0 EB Escape up. It managed 27mpg up, 23 driving around the area, and nearly 29 back down. I was seeing if premium made a difference and it seemed to, that was all with the A/C on and driving normally, 70-80 on the highway.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Friar Zucchini posted:

Saw a brand-new Challenger R/T with a loving tow bar. It was tiny, but still, I salute him who dares to tow with a V8 Challenger.

Between the mid 90's and around 2000 my dad towed his '69 Chevelle with a 1986 Ford LTD Crown Vic wagon.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

When I went to the Team O'Neil rally school for their winter safe course one of their instructors was a mechanical engineer but said he quit when he found out that he "Couldn't drive a desk very well." My new job will still have a desk and lots of paperwork but it least I'll get to crawl around submarines too.

• Locked thread