Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

goatse guy posted:

Gonna go ahead and guess that she didn't drive due to mutiple DUIs. That's the impression I was getting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkyuq-m-aGs

I'm going to hazard a guess and say she drives a PT cruiser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Just saw the new Vacation movie. Super funny poo poo.

That movie looked like trite garbage in the trailers. How drunk were you?

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Fo3 posted:

Whelp, August sucks.
Slipped on my floor (due to the silicon spray leaking), took a CRT with me. I really wrenched my knee (can't walk, it's the size of a melon), and did something to my foot (hurts more than my knee). gently caress!
I had until the end of the week were I could do 2-3 days of community service to pay off my fines in lieu, obviously can't do that now, so have to pay $10 a week which will take over a year to pay, and will have to go bankrupt on other debts in order to afford that!
gently caress me, something could have worked out for once, but nope. Fix a keyboard, ruin ya life.

Get you some steroids at the doctor. I was having serious trouble walking at all from my crash and the steroid shot along with a prescription for Medrol has me feeling like a million bucks these days. My hip bursa was so inflamed I guess it was pinching on a nerve and making my whole leg tingle.

My shoulders/triceps/abs workout this morning was :perfect: from all that. This gear is the poo poo.I'm sure corticosteroids are a different beast entirely from anabolic, but doesn't matter, got gear

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

A week and a half after my crash and I still have trouble walking. I have a huge fluid buildup on my left hip that moves around like some fleshy waterbed. It's diameter is about basketball sized and it sticks off me like some pouch. It doesn't hurt, it's the back of my pelvis that hurts. I've tried running but only made it five steps. What an awful time to be sober. Coming up on two weeks now :toot:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I'll be damned.

Is that This kit? Because now I know what I'm doing today :getin:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

literally a fish posted:

You can actually do a pretty decent job with just standard two-part cut and polish, it's all in the elbow grease and microfibre cloths
but those kits usually work pretty well

I wonder if they covered this in the detailing thread, but what can I spray on there after I'm done to make sure they don't re-yellow in a month? Like, can rattle-can krylon clear do the job?

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Ether Frenzy posted:

happy birthday op I hope you got all the carbon fiber parts you asked for and had a good celebration day, from one m3 guy to another.

I don't believe in racing but I chased this guy at speed in your honor

Loud as gently caress, didn't leave me for dead like I expected (he still won handily but through mid-3rd I was right on him)

Man, the only car I know I can beat with my NC miata is an automatic NC miata :v: It was like those pink slip shows from the early 2000's with dudes racing celicas and neons crowing about sub 18s 1/4 mile times :kiddo:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Got a mini paceman as a loaner while the wife's car is in the shop. I hate to say it, but I like the little SUV :negative: I like being able to see over poo poo and the mini connected bluetooth poo poo in there is the tits. It's official, I want a nice ride and a cool stereo way more than I have fucks to give about handling.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Friar Zucchini posted:

Saw a brand-new Challenger R/T with a loving tow bar. It was tiny, but still, I salute him who dares to tow with a V8 Challenger.

Likely there for bike racks. I have a hitch on my miata and no way in hell am I towing anything but a hairdryer with that little shoe.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Also no one really understands that cars are complex pieces of machinery and when something breaks its automatically "a piece of poo poo"

Yes you have to take care of your car. Yes things wear out. Just because you have a flat tire its not a fault of the car maker for making a lovely car, you just have a flat.

My mom traded in her mint Z3 for a c230 sedan *kompressor* because the battery died after six years.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I'd roll a matchbox car down that loop-de-loop because everyone knows hot wheels don't roll for poo poo :colbert:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

yay! I traded the miata for a 2008 impreza hatchback and I couldn't be happier :buddy: Own it free and clear and so far I can see why people love subarus so much. This thing rides like a couch with pillows for wheels. I miss nice riding cars in this festering poo poo pit they call Houston. The roads here are so bad I think 50% of people that own trucks justify it by the road they most frequently drive on.

Man, drove almost 100 miles last night and I feel fresh as a flower. I'd feel so beat upon in my miata. My wife hated that car because of the ride and how I took corners, throwing her around. Having a cush daily driver is the tits. I can also fit all her art festival booth gear into the hatch, including the ez up tent. I don't even have to unbolt the seat bottoms like I had to in the focus wagon! Now to make this stereo not sound like radio shack speakers stuffed into cigar boxes hooked up to a mini boombox...

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

corn in the fridge posted:

some lovely weather out there today. We're going out for a stroll around kew botanical gardens

have any plans for today?

:tipshat: Gonna wash, claybar, and wax my new-to-me Subaru Impreza. I've never owned a car since my old mini cooper that my wife is so fond of. Got it tinted yesterday, 30% vlt front, 5% vlt back windows and hatchback. It's like driving in a cave now.

The forecast for all this week is rain every day, of course :negative: But I have to get the tint installer residue off the paint asap.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Mother of gently caress. My neighbor has a pipe leaking and it's loving my house up. Like 30% of the carpet downstairs is soaked through. What do I do? This is babby's first house so I'm really at a loss for ideas on who to call? Plumber? Insurance company? The neighbor has someone coming and her water is shut off, but wtf do I do with soaked carpet? Please help!

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

leica posted:

If you're a home owner you need to own a shop vac, go buy one and get to sucking up water, then run some fans over it once you get up all the water you can.

also get one of these http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-1-7-8-in-Wet-Nozzle-Vacuum-Attachment-VT1710/100638361

and two of these http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-2-1-2-in-Extension-Wand-VT2508/100050604

It's been seeping for days, I'm going to have to rip up carpet and throw it out. I already smell mold. I hope she gets a plumber loving fast. I'll be using my trusty wagon to pick this up in about 5 minutes.. http://www.lowes.com/pd_549705-20097-5920611_1z11p8g__?productId=50159051&pl=1#img

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

You guys rock for the shopvac suggestion. Sucked up about 6 gallons of water from the closet. I have no carpet in there anymore, pulled all the tack strips and threw all that smelly poo poo out. I also have a gigantic hole in the living room carpet. I'm calling a plumber and my homeowners insurance today once I get a referral to a plumber that wont grease me up and go at me with a plunger handle like those ARS thieves.

I love how all this expensive poo poo happens when there aren't any hours at work :smith:

Our wedding was on the beach with 6 guests and reception at a brazilian steahouse. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Honeymoon at south beach and key west. It owned so hard. gently caress fairy tale/princess weddings, that poo poo's a scam, none of us are royalty.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Oh gently caress yes! My plumber checked my house and the neighbor's and found her AC condensate line is plugged and leaking into both our places. Once she gets that poo poo fixed I'll let my insurance company know and they'll pursue hers. :toot:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

some texas redneck posted:

How the hell does her a/c drain being clogged flood your place?

Are you in a condo / duplex / quadplex / whatever situation where you share a wall? Or is your place so close that it's pouring out of the a/c overflow drain from her house and soaking in under the walls of your place?

Beats what I went through at one apartment - the a/c tray rusted through, causing it to dump water into the ceiling, and I'd been complaining to apartment management for over 3 months before half of the bathroom ceiling collapsed while I was in the shower (they'd kept telling me they had a "3 month backlog" on ordering new drainpans, since they had to be replaced in every apartment). I finally called the city, they went to the apartment management and threatened to condemn the entire building unless it got fixed ASAP. They managed to find a new drainpan within an hour of code enforcement showing up, and I had a new (very badly done) ceiling in my bathroom a few hours after that. There was a shitload of mold up there from months of water dripping, and in that apartment (much like a lot of apartments), the "return air duct" was the ceiling, with a vent hacked into a wall above a door to hold an air filter.
We share a wall and apparently the AC drains down a pipe into a p trap and that thing is plugged, so all the AC water just pisses onto the ceiling of her downstairs bathroom and from there it runs into my downstairs closet, which adjoins my downstairs bath, a hallway, and my living room. I wish she'd get on with it already because the water is loving up more and more of my place. I'm happy USAA has told me that they will pursue her company for the damage. My wife keeps prattling on about what flooring will replace the carpet and it's getting kinda old at the moment. I told her to stream of consciousness flooring chat with the insurance guy because there aint poo poo I can do about it right now.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Seems like it's turning out to be a gently caress 2015 kind of year for a lot of us AI goonies :smith:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Anyone know a good subaru guy in Houston? My driver's side headgasket is weeping oil. Oh subaru with your EJ25's :allears:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Hey, I asked about car stuffs in here this morning, but I guess we don't talk about cars on the car forum :shrug:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Sigma X posted:

Sorry, man, the only thing I know about Houston is that I want to stay far away from it.

I should have done the same.

Have some cattes for your troubles

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Slow is Fast posted:

Gonna need more info on these cattes.

They pass emissions and inspection okay? Any mods. Beautiful cattes.

Big grey fella is Taco. He's some kind of maine coon mix and weighs 27 Lbs. He's the poo poo and is totally my boy. Floof belly is Chex, former stray. Short haired marshmallow belly is Biscuit, former feral barn kitten. Downstairs on the tile is Banana, shelter cat, and on the red thing is Coco, shelter cat. They all run sick nasty mods like royal canin mixed with blue buffalo for mad tyte drifts through the house. All cattes have a broken meow of some type.

E: the wheel clock came from a modern furniture store, but it's got a sick offset.

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 19, 2015

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Breath Ray posted:

I don't suppose the store has a website? Love playful touches like this around the home. Especially if I can get them past wifey!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Umbra-Compass-Cast-Metal-Clock/dp/B000BHKF5M

BAM! Umbra compass wall clock :smuggo: cast metal

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Just had to cough up my $1000 deductable up front. I had to take out another credit card to do it. I'm never getting out of debt :suicide: This has to be one of the worst days of my life, and it's my 7 year anniversary :toot: At least we love each other, right? :unsmith:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Houston has recently come into a monsoon season. I had to drive 90 miles in it yesterday in the new subie. It didn't give a gently caress about rain :smuggo:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Seatpost chatte: I found that most of the road vibrations you feel are largely dependent on your wheels/tires. When I rode gatorskins on lovely mavic cxp22's the ride was harsh as gently caress, that's with carbon fork/seatpost. I changed to conti GP4000S on easton EA70's and it was like a whole different, much better riding bike.

I'll change the wheels around on bikes and find the lovely ride comes with the wheels and I can't even feel the difference in the frame. I'll put the oval concepts 978's (78mm carbon/alu clincher) with vredestein fortezza tricomps on my soul faith and the soul rides like poo poo. I put the eastons back on and it rides like a dream. Put the eastons on my all carbon fuji and it rides like a dream. Wheels/tires make such a huge difference in ride that I can't overstate it.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Magnus Praeda posted:

Cyclechat: what are some good padded bike shorts?

I'm partial to Capo bib shorts. Kinda pricey, but worth the money. At least they don't cost as much as Assos.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

23c to 25c is just the best upgrade, no matter what the tyres. Unfortunately winter has meant I needed to be on Gatorskins but now spring is juuuust around the corner I'll go back to Turbo Pros and latex tubes. Be nice to be back on good rolling tyres, Gatorskins might deal with poo poo roads but hoy they are crap at everything else.

My present bike is a dream to ride - despite being a so called full blooded S-Works Tarmac race bike, it's really nice to ride. I put on a 3T Aeronova Stealth bar and it pretty much removed any residual hand numbness from vibration. When I get good roads I switch to a set of Xentis carbon wheels and it really is just amazing how well it absorbs road noise.

I ride 23s. I have a pair of those s-works monoos(25s) on some lovely alex wheels and I feel like I'm riding through mud all the time. I hate them. Also, after almost 10 years of riding on gp4000's I've gotten one puncture. In one month of these stupid SWORKS!!! tires, I've gotten three. Anecdotal, but gently caress those pieces of poo poo. I'm also not convinced 25's aren't poo poo meant for fatties so they don't pinch flat all the time, because fat.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Literally every bit of data on 25c shows they ride better and roll faster and are more aero. Basically riding 23c is nuts esp with a wide rim.

Maybe I got a poo poo set of tires from a CL bike. I'll give gp4000 25's a shot. I mean I really like those tires so if I can get away with 25's and have a nicer ride on my aluminium roadie then I'll do it. I'll probably be selling my Fuji D6 2.0 TT bike though. It's a friggen bitch to sell something actually worth money on Houston craigslist these days. Everyone got laid off in oil and gas so nobody's buying poo poo. Certainly no shortage of scammers trying to pull the old paypal shipper scam though.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Pham Nuwen posted:

turns out the 3rd bolt wasn't actually the 3rd starter bolt, it was just some bolt. The 3rd starter bolt was hiding behind it.

And then after all that hassle to change starters, it seems the problem may have been my battery terminals all along.

May have been. I didn't try old starter + new terminals, so it's entirely possible the old starter was also bad. For my own happiness, I choose to believe that.

When my wife's civic left her stranded at work, I fuckled with the cables going to it and it worked again. Then it left her stranded again. So I replaced the starter, thinking it fixed the issue. Then it left her stranded a third time. It was then that I undid the electrical tape around the positive terminal, which I'd replaced 3 years prior because it went from metal to green granola. I found that the lead terminal was fine, but the copper cable was turning green again. I replaced the positive side lead from the battery to the ECU and starter. $29 fix. After I'd spent $300 on a honda genuine starter :negative: Car diagnoses can be just as stupid at computer diagnoses. "Is it plugged in? :rolleye:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Cakefool posted:

I know no-one gives a poo poo but me but:
It's all now in the hands of the gods. Or rather, in the hands of the building warranty people to issue the one certificate that's holding up me getting into my new home before I get evicted, the same people who assured everyone their poo poo would be done weeks ago. Apparently it takes 48 hours to populate an electronic form and email it out, not the 2 minutes you'd think. We're signing paperwork in readiness tomorrow, looks like I'll need to hire a van big enough for all our poo poo in one go, because it looks like I'll be filling it then parking it outside the new house and sleeping in the loving cab to make sure it doesn't get robbed if that form doesn't get in in time.
Solicitors don't work weekends, Monday's a bank holiday, I'm working Monday to Friday anyway so I'm hosed no matter what unless that one single piece of magical paperwork loving turns up.
No loving idea where the wife and kids will be sleeping come the weekend either.

There isn't a :smithicide: big enough.

Fffffffff. I remember when I was buying my house, I had to basically end-run around my buyer's agent because it'd take him two loving days to forward and email or document to the seller's agent. I just started dealing with the seller's agent directly.

• Locked thread