Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Sigma X posted:

Buying a brand-new car is nothing but loving stress.

Pretty much. The Hyundai we bought was easy for the purchase, but what came next was a disaster. Parent's just bought a new forester and the experience wasn't bad, but it did take them 7 months for the car to actually come in the dealer after they ordered it.

Only new car that was pretty simple was my parents civic a couple years ago. Shopped around for a week or two, walked in on a Saturday and drove off the lot without even test driving one (although they did own a previous year civic that was written off, so they kinda had an idea of how it'll be)

Watched Inside Out last night, the family car in the movie is an old subaru forester, like the one I just bought :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Phone posted:

Buying the Velostar was on you, dude.

Yeah... :smith:

Lesson learned, warranty is more hassle than it's worth and dealership service departments will wreck your poo poo and take a stupid amount of your time to deal with, and will try anything to not take any responsibility for their actions. (Also don't buy Korean if the main advertising points are the warranty)

On the plus side it's been reliable for the last little bit and the ownership experience is vastly improved when you don't have to deal with the terrible Hyundai dealerships. I'm starting to like it again.

:unsmith:

Bajaha fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Aug 2, 2015

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Derailing single chat, I was fixing some small rust holes on the forester rear quarters and I don't have Bondo fiberglass resin curing agent, so I went a little overboard and used epibond 420 a/b instead. It's a 2 part structural epoxy for use in the aerospace industry, and it should be way overkill for a small hole patch. Only thing that sucks is that it takes 7 days to fully cure.

Too bad it's not on a SAAB though :v:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Legally, he has to tell you if someone died on it :v:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

DEATH SCOOTER 2015

As an aside, how do you text a private number, didn't know that was possible.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

You should move to Canada, eh. Can't be nihilistic while chowing down on the finest poutines and heavenly maple syrup.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

meatpimp posted:

Wanna have this guy's manbabies.

Get in line bub

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Insanity mode is really rubbing off on ya, huh?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Cliff notes for non US goons who missed it?

STR - hang in there! Congrats on the no drinking and weight loss, keep it up and glad to see you've got the awareness to avoid tempting situations.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Just booked the most expensive vacation I've ever planned, going to lounge around in a 5 star Mexican resort for the honeymoon the morning after the wedding :dance:

Can't wait, and the thank gently caress we're past the booking process, picking a place and trying to see how the prices are trending was maddening, especially since my last year of school starts the week after the wedding so I can't be flexible on flight times, let alone dates. Now for the the self-doubt of whether or not we got a good deal and if it'll live up to our expectations.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

McTinkerson posted:

Congratulations! If I can give one word of advice for the resorts, the tour operators all offer excursions, they're all mostly pretty cool and the first day you're there, there will be a free one hour info session on everything that's available. Go to it but for the love of god do not go on more than two for a 7 day stay. If you do, you'll need a vacation from your vacation. I've made that mistake twice now.

Where are you staying? I've been to both sides (Vallarta & Cancun).

Thanks! This isn't my first rodeo, we've been to Cuba twice (Playa de Oro & Iberostar Ensenoches) and the Dominican Republic (Blau Natura Park) but we've never been to Mexico yet. We've done, and enjoyed, both styles of trips. 7 nights and 7+ Excursions (Fun as hell but drat you're right, definitely need a vacation after the vacation for that) and stay at the resort and relax on the beach. I've heard really good things about mexico so I'm crossing my fingers it'll be great.

We're staying at Secrets Silversands in Cancun/Rivera Maya, this trip is going to be all about romantic dinners, pampering at the spa, and enjoying the beach and pools. I don't think we'll be doing excursions at all and we splurged a little for a nice resort so we'll stick around and experience all they have to offer.

Bajaha fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Aug 9, 2015

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Slow is Fast posted:

If it doesnt fit in the cup holder of a 2003 subaru legacy it's dead to me :|

That's what the din pocket is for.

E: forgot what the hell my interior looks like

Bajaha fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Aug 11, 2015

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Ugh, wedding stuff is so expensive... I could have built a wicked awesome new project car with just half of what this is going to cost :(

Do wedding guests really need to eat? (Seriously, the catering is miles ahead in being the single most expensive on the list)

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Oh we're way past the point of no return. We budgeted about $20k all in for ~90-100 people, but it's looking like it's closer to 130 guests now and that means more $$$. The catering isn't terrible pricing, it just really adds up with that many people. Plus we're going fancy with walk around appetizers at cocktail hour, a nice 3 course meal, and a really comprehensive late lunch with glassware and the works for after dinner.

When we did the taste testing it was divine. The food is one is the things I'm really looking forward to at the reception, it just sucks that now it's the time to write all those checks for the big day :(

E: catering is coming up as almost half the final cost of the wedding.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

14 INCH SLIT posted:

How the gently caress can people justify saddling themselves with that kind of debt right out of the gate in a fresh marriage? Or if they have that much saved up have a plain wedding and loving blow 20 grand on the honeymoon of your life?

Well it's in Canadian fun bucks so more along the lines of $15k USD. We've booked our honeymoon and it's looking like it'll be pretty drat luxurious, under $4k for a 5 star spa resort with a swim out suite, not too skimpy.

Parents are gifting a good portion of the wedding cost and we've budgeted well enough to afford it without incurring dept. The line of reasoning is to show your guests a really good time and to just enjoy the night. I agree it's crazy expensive, but we haven't even gone all that extravagant, my best friends wedding ended up north of $40k and even they didn't go *that* crazy with wedding stuff(although theirs was for closer to 180 guests). Apparently Manitoba is of the most expensive places to get married in Canada, so we have that against us.

The presentations (read: wedding gifts) should also recover some of the costs of the wedding. So there's that.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I forgot how hard it is for me to fall asleep dead sober. If the 10-12 hour work day tomorrow doesn't wipe me out I'll be buying some Melatonin.

Are you sure you're alright? If you can't function day to day without being high, maybe you're going a bit overboard? You might need to tone back on the toking and get help if you can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

iwentdoodie posted:

Do you also enjoy speaking to yourself? Playing tennis against a brick wall?

Cause that's about all this will accomplish.

Well yeah, but you know... :tokeneffort: (:haw:)

TCC chat: in my experience :2bong: results in a pretty great time 90% of the time and is easy to moderate, usually months between usage for me, and my last time was over nine months ago.

For you more serious users, how would you rate your reliance? Just a habit or more cigarette-like?

• Locked thread