Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
gently caress yeah, August. It's my birthday this month, and my dad got me a Makita cordless drill/driver, and the wife appears to have got me a recipe book and some new cooking gear. Not. loving. Bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
It's my birthday. My other half is working on another continent, but I had some loving awesome monkfish (cooked in booze), some baked peaches (cooked in booze) and some more booze (in a glass). Now equipped with a coffee you could stand a spoon up in, on the couch, with Sin City 2 on. And the missus sent me a tagine for my birthday, so its gonna get all slow-cooked lamb up in here next week. Hell, yes.

:toot:

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Breath Ray posted:

Now, who's been driving in France? Going down to a gite on the dordogne tomorrow au famille which promises to be good. Lot of toll roads so nice and quick and the money flies put of your account by magic.

UK goon here, the family takes the car over to Provence every year or so (so we can bring back lots of wine). I like driving in France. It's pretty sedate, lane discipline on the motorways is excellent, road surface is good, and they have sensible speed limits (130kph in the dry, 120 or 110kph in the wet). The best thing, however, is the aires. Large road-side pull-off stops, set back from the road and separated by trees, with toilets, benches, greenery, and generally lots of space. It's literally quiet enough to nap, and that's intentional.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

You do, indeed, want to watch that.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

corn in the fridge posted:

good morning everyone i hope you all enjoyed your weekends

I did, which is why I'm not enjoying this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I just dropped my walkie talkie down a 300' 4" pipe. gently caress my life.

I hope someone on the other end of the walkie talkie gave a good ol' Wilhelm Scream as it fell.

• Locked thread