Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Sigma X posted:

After 13 weeks of waiting my car FINALLY... did not arrive. I went to the dealership today, 5 weeks after the quoted latest delivery date, and told them to gently caress off. Couldn't get my deposit back because their finance people were out (supposedly) but it'll be done on Monday. Went 8 minutes north to another Ford dealership and bought a 2015 Fiesta ST in Performance Blue with the "factory loaded" spec for the same price, after rebates and haggling, that I had agreed to buy the custom-specc'd car for. It's being trailered in from 4 hours away on Monday morning.

Buying a brand-new car is nothing but loving stress.

Tell me about it. Try setting up flying and driving a vehicle back. I make flight arrangements, and find out that due to dumbass emissions laws, I may not be able to register my vehicle in my state. Two hours of phone calls and an email to the DEP, and a 2 day wait to hear that yep, I can register it. Game on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Powershift posted:

I'm going to install a back-up alarm in everything i own.

It has the same effect as honking the horn to get people to move out of the way, but doesn't piss them off or make you look like an rear end in a top hat. If you honk the horn at people standing behind you in the parking lot, you look like an impatient jerk. Put it in reverse and it starts beeping, that's a safety feature, you're being safe and they move out of the way without even really thinking about it.

frost advisories being issued now, as well.

Pack it up, it's all over. you wasted your summer.
Really bright LED backup light pods do the same thing. My old truck came from a fleet company, so it had a beeper. I swapped it with a 13w LED.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Holdbrooks posted:

I felt great after neai so I decided to go drive 16 hours to have a burger with slow is fast and watch the sunrise at the furthest east place in the Contiguous U.S.

So you went to Quoddy Head, eh? I almost died in the ocean round-abouts there... but it sure is pretty when the weather is nice.

leica posted:

The Indy car driver that got hit in the head with debris died :(

Open cockpits are just dumb these days, close that poo poo up.

Justin Wilson. That's a shame. Henry Surtees was a similar situation, but with a wheel... I don't know if closed cockpit is the answer, but I dunno. If they take all the risk out, it'll be less interesting to watch. However, the body count isn't exactly dropping.

sharkytm fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 25, 2015

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

fjelltorsk posted:

yesterday, august 28th at 1335 hours, the year of our lord 2015 i was declared cancer free. there is no evidence of mutation anywhere in my body. i am done....
76 doses of chemo, 6 surgeries and 184 radiation treatments is behind me...

Holy poo poo, you got both barrels of our inept cancer treatment. Congrats on beating it, and hopefully in 20 years, no one will be going through the hell that you have because of cancer.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Hello old friend!

Old picture of the one in my Rabbit:

\/\/ Hey now, it's not an Aztek.

• Locked thread